Doom and Destiny
Download Links: Google Play Paid | Free, App Store Paid | Free, Amazon, Steam
The Chronicles of Nerds: Snow White, The Dwarves and The Mirror.
A long time ago, in another Galaxy, lived the Nerdiest Nerds of the world. One day, while they paid a visit to their old friend, they were transported to a Parallel World, where everything can happen. The “Heroes” explore the World, Save The Princesses, fight Dragons.. all while eating Fast Food.
Doom and Destiny is a fantastic RPG game! Meet Johnny, Nigel, Mike and Francis as they find themselves in hilarious situations, in the World where Easter Eggs lie at every corner.. at least if you can punch the Door well enough. You’ll visit a lot of fantastic Towns (The Town where prople throw Golz off the Mountsins..), Forests (No, Not Gump. Unless..) and Castles (Sorry, Red, but the Princess is in another Castle!).
The Heroes fight in Turn-Based Combat, every Action has a Cooldown, which forces you to use all Powers Wisely. Items are very useful in long Battles and Enemies are hilarious.
The game is amazing if you can stand inside jokes and/or strange language (Insults or some ememy/Item names may be either funny or bad).
I recommend this game with all my heart!
- Amazing Story!
- The Heroes are not what you could expect!
- The World is big and has lots of secrets to discover!
- Funny scenes, you'll laugh over and over when you'll talk to NPC's.
- Fetch Quests! ..
- ..that even Heroes hate!
A hilarious parody of RPGs and gamers
Doom and Destiny is a turn-based, parody-driven RPG. This review is for the Xbox 360 version.
The main reason to play Doom and Destiny is that it’s laugh-out-loud funny. Four nerdy heroes go on a fourth-wall breaking escapade through fantasy and gaming satires galore. The jokes, puns, and general mayhem never let up. There are parodies of Super Mario Bros., Final Fantasy, Legend of Zelda, and… Japanese tentacle monsters?
(Don’t worry, the Japanese tentacle monsters are heavily pixelated… if Doom and Destiny were ESRB rated, it probably wouldn’t get worse than a T rating. Probably.)
The gameplay uses a standard turn-based, JRPG-style battle system. Skill points must be allocated carefully, because their distribution is permanent; if they player messes up, their only recourse is to reload an earlier save or lower the game’s difficulty.
Doom and Destiny has three levels of difficulty, and difficulty can be changed anytime out of combat. Easy is a cakewalk, and Normal isn’t much tougher, but Hard is merciless – you have been warned.
I highly recommend Doom and Destiny to any gamer who enjoys a good laugh.
- Extremely funny, parody-filled story
- Multiple difficulty options; difficulty can be changed anytime
- Skill point allocation is permanent, making any build mistakes irreversible
- No playable female characters
- Some jokes are a little on the raunchy side
One of the best RPG I've ever played!
The story is enjoyable with a lot of nerdy humour and reference. It has a creative turn-based battle system. It also has a skill equipping system to choose skills to use in battle (because you’ll learn hell a lot of skills). Overall, it’s almost perfect.
Beware when using AOE attacks, because it will provoke the enemies to attack the user.
- The story is funny. It has a lot of humour. Oh, and a lot of references, too.
- Good battle system. Enemies and skills are quite balanced.
- Good parameter increasing system (like a Stat Point system, but cooler)
- Hidden features!
- 'Speed' doesn't work on reducing skill's cooldown, only normal attacks.
- Explore-to-battle transition doesn't exist. (It's not that bad, though)