Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Alphadia 2 Tiny review

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nemomon 4 years ago.

Nemomon
    Participant

A random spam topic…

I did read the reviews about the Alphadia II, and they were saying that this game has a bad plot, and compared to the Alphadia is generally terrible. I didn’t finish the game as of yet, but I think I would want to disagree with this.

First, this game (unlike its precursor) is pretty serious and doesn’t have funny moments or dialogues almost at all. Pretty much I remember only two of them:

1. When Enah asks the MC if he knows how to act with women.

spoiler
    When the Wind Esper tells that it is the second time someone talks about him behind his backs.

One would say that the entire Alphadia game is all about wanderlusting… This is correct, but which RPG isn’t? Though, I admit that they could have better motivation to move from one place to another. Pretty much they move where ever Enah wants to move. From the other side those of us who know Enah from the other games (including the Genesis series) will be happy to see that Enah is pretty talkative and if she wouldn’t state that she’s a clone, almost every last of You would think she’s a human. Because she talks and behaves like a normal human.

The game is hard. Dot. The fist human boss was so hard that I barely killed him. Random encounters are murdering as well. While I’m not using Repel-like objects, in this game sometimes I would want to. Definitely, in this game I’m using the Flee option from time to time. The Dungeons, so far at least, aren’t particularly hard to navigate (unlike the original Alphadia), but the random encounters are still painful. What’s more, very often we’re entering boss battles even without mentioning anything and allowing us preparing to it (or even healing). Pretty much each time You enter a city, save the game beforehand. Because You might just enter a boss battle… When You’re unable to save the game, it means that the next step ahead a boss battle awaits You. Also, Enah keeps dying. So fricking a lot of times during random encounters. Pretty much once every three or four encounters.

The only small downside of this game is that it is a direct sequel of the Alphadia. It can be played without knowing what happened in the previous game, but will be kind of empty. Better then is playing it after beating the first game. Especially that it also has some tragic moments, and that it explains some things from the first game.

The only thing I hate about this game is that the MC (at least at the beginning) states “we can’t go there, we must hurry up, we don’t need sleep…” pretty much limiting where we can go. I was really mad that I was unable to explore the very first dungeon, because this idiot wanted so quickly return to the main base…

Overall, I’m not disappointed yet and think it is rather a nice game.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I thought this game was much better than the original! Still a lot of problems like you described but I really love the story. (And you will go back to the first tower eventually.)

I love the story in Alphadia but everything else about that game mad me not want to play it. πŸ˜† I didn’t feel that way about Alphadia II – I enjoyed every minute of it. (In fact, though, I like these games MUCH better than Alphadia Genesis. I’ve played that one twice and could never play long enough to finish it.)

You should post your review in the Reviews section (or wait until you beat the game, then do it.)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Nemomon
    Participant

I actually planned to post its review in that section too, but I thought that since this forum is pretty empty, then I will make a topic in there, so it won’t be empty anymore.

I played Alphadia in a pretty reversed order, first I beat both Genesis ones, and then I went with the original one. The second Genesis was all about a genocide, and I think it was better portrayed than the genocide we seen in the original Alphadia. But it also might be about how the original Alphadia looks, and how the second Genesis looks. In the Genesis we know about how terrible the war can be right from the beginning. In the Alphadia we don’t really see that except for that single village that was used as the test subjects. From the other side… in the Alphadia II we also don’t really have any sad events, perhaps except THAT one moment (I’m pretty sure You know which one I’m talking about). But even then, it was taken pretty lightly (considering that it wasn’t an issue for so many years now…). Therefore I would say that the plot-wise the second Alphadia (and to an extend the first too) was much better, or at least was showing us a much sadder story.

Since You beat the game, a couple of questions (You can spoiler too if needed, because I was never spoilers sensitive):

– Do I have to complete Missions to be able to get the legendary weapons?
    – Will I ever get a flying machine, or just that ship?
    – Is there a some kind of ultimate boss?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

– Do I have to complete Missions to be able to get the legendary weapons?
    – Will I ever get a flying machine, or just that ship?
    – Is there a some kind of ultimate boss?

Good questions, sadly it’s been well over a year since I played the game so I honestly don’t remember a lot of details.

I know that there are “legendary” type weapons and armor, and I think (like the first Alphadia) there’s only three armors? (Why no armor for the fourth person in your party, I don’t know…)

I think most of the legendary weapons are in one of the last caves you enter (the one with a TON of exits that all lead down to deeper levels – can’t remember the name.)

I suspect there is an airship but I’m not sure. (I’d be surprised if there’s not, since almost every Kemco game seems to have one) πŸ˜†

I tried searching for Alphadia II walkthroughs on google, and found only a few topics on gamefaqs.com, and most of them were not really answered.

All that I really remember from the game is that it was REALLY LONG, and overall, REALLY FUN. Also, the last Guild Mission (#40?) NEVER unlocks – I think it wasn’t supposed to be in the game to start with.

Also,

spoiler
    At some point Baroch will leave your party (not going to tell you when or how or why.)
    Although his attacks are strong and you should use him until he leaves – Don’t bother to train him too much, and don’t use any Seeds on him to raise any stats.

In my opinion, Alphadia II is the best out of the whole series (that we have in English, anyway). But it’s only good if someone has played Alphadia first – otherwise there’s too much about Ash that just isn’t clear.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Nemomon
    Participant

Thanks about telling me about Baroch. Currently I’m using him because he indeed is pretty strong. Though, I almost never am using any seeds, because it is a waste for me.

I asked about an airship, because I decided that I’m not going to any guild missions until I freely will be able to move from one city to another.

And I don’t know how I managed to forget that the controls of the game are really, but really-really terrible, and often they do not respond at all. I think the most irritating thing in the game are the controls…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 780 Forums: 130 Topics: 1,772 Replies: 11,514