Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Alphadia Is Grinding to Level 99 Worth the Time?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 4 years ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Is the last bit of grinding, to get to 99, worth it? I don’t think so, as it isn’t absolutely necessary in order to defeat Apocalypse, and it requires a lot of time. Let’s take a look at the marginal value of those last few levels.

Here is what happens to Enah when she goes from 88 to 89:
    VIT +2
    MND +4
    AGL +2
    HP about +49

Against Apocalypse, AGL probably will not matter, so we are talking about perhaps +20 VIT and +40 MND over the next 10 levels. Is this worth your time? Your Omegadia will hit for 9999 already, so MND doesn’t help there, and if you get hit by an Omegadia, it will not protect you. The changes in VIT will also not matter, so only HP might matter, and again the big hit will wipe you out anyway. So really, the small increases in your stats don’t figure to be of much use, so the extra 1-2 hours to get to 99 probably aren’t required. However, knowing that a 30 minute battle awaits you, perhaps you want to give yourself every possible chance for victory, in which case go ahead and grind away.

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I’d never thought of all that, way back when. I went to 99 ,mainly because I didn’t know what I was going up against or what it would take to win the battle.

I think the main thing is to make sure everyone has Omegadia. If you do that, you’re probably good to go.

All your base are

Travelman31
    Participant

Not at all. I mean, how has the game been for you so far? Super easy? than that is an indication of how the boss will be which means that level 99 would be a waste of time.

I found this game to be super easy and would recommend the opposite, trying to keep levels low to try to challenge yourself at least a little.

Recently beaten since April 1: Sephirothic Stories (android, kemco), Soulblazer (snes, arpg), Seek hearts (android, kemco), Super Metroid (snes), Legend of Tetrarchs (android, kemco), Castlevania 4 (snes), Actraiser (snes), Demons Crest (snes, platformer), Holy Umbrella (snes, platformer), Arcana (snes rpg)
    (Updated May 6)

Kemco games I still need to beat: (2) Dragon Lapis, Dimension Cross

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I already hit 99 even before I raided the final dungeon. The encounter rate is REALLY high and I don’t make it a policy to run away.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Travelman31
    Participant

Wow, really? I do not either, but just the same, I try to be as efficient as possible going through the dungeons but even without really running away I do not think I was close to 99.

I can not remember if Alphadia has an item to allow for avoiding enemies but I tend to use those too in the games I play, especially those magitech ones.

I do not know what levels I had when I beat the game because I deleted the app but I had the following HP stats if that helps

Ash 7730
    Wied 8283
    Eclair 5796
    1417 4389

I think I was around level 82, maybe the picture can help to determine about what level.

Recently beaten since April 1: Sephirothic Stories (android, kemco), Soulblazer (snes, arpg), Seek hearts (android, kemco), Super Metroid (snes), Legend of Tetrarchs (android, kemco), Castlevania 4 (snes), Actraiser (snes), Demons Crest (snes, platformer), Holy Umbrella (snes, platformer), Arcana (snes rpg)
    (Updated May 6)

Kemco games I still need to beat: (2) Dragon Lapis, Dimension Cross

1oldtymer
    Participant

I know I was at level 81 when I defeated Maxim. As noted in this thread, if everybody has Omegadia, and you have a pile of resources, I think level is not critical against Apocalypse.

Older, but not wiser

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 850 Forums: 134 Topics: 1,908 Replies: 11,974