Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Alvastia Chronicles Anyone else beat the hardest boss yet?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Victar 6 days ago.

fmoo
    Participant

I just beat

Spoiler

Serious Butler on Expert, getting the Platinum Medal.

Anyone else beat them?  Or want to share tips? I feel like I kind of brute forced it by grinding out Gold at “Fairyland”, then grinding Ability Ciders at the arena.

Any cleverer ways to beat them?

Luther
    Participant

I fought him and win with Max speed stats and Max str on Raine, Raine must use mjolnir for each ogre companion raise 15% dmg, then use 3 ogre companion.

This is important must use Troy. It’s thief class and raise him to Max lvl and power up him to Max, his had one ultimate skill name cross divider which hit 9×880 power, and when u look his trait it said invisible old man, cool.

When battle with serious butter it took 1 cross divider to beat it down.

Islandi
    Participant

I just beat

Spoiler

Serious Butler on Expert, getting the Platinum Medal.

Anyone else beat them?  Or want to share tips? I feel like I kind of brute forced it by grinding out Gold at “Fairyland”, then grinding Ability Ciders at the arena.

Any cleverer ways to beat them?

May I know where is “Fairyland”?
    And, does difficulty mode (via settings) affect the amount of gold?

Luther
    Participant

Screenshot_2018-06-08-22-05-19-137_kemco.execreate.alvastiapremium

A big island. And yes difficulty increase exp and money gain.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Islandi
    Participant

There’s another farming spot similar to “Fairyland”.
    The area is on sea cloud, almost at the top left corner (North-West) of the map.
    In the Enemies Guide, this area is “Dead Cloud Sea”.

Screenshot_20180609-003844

• This reply was modified 54 years ago by .
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

I beat the Serious Butler on Expert when he was level 255 (which I believe is his max, as when I when back the next time, he was still at 255).  I didn’t use any Burst, no swap, and found the companion skills rather worthless.  Just abused the arena to get coins to load up on All Inhibitor+.  You can watch a 10 minute video of this brute force approach at Serious Butler at lev 255 (no creativity at all).  If I had trusted the “serious charge” warning of the Serious Butler, I could have done better. I also defeated him, in a much easier battle,  at 255 using Burst and a few Burst Elixirs.  You can see a 6.5  minute video here.

By the way, I see that Phoenix Pearl doesn’t appear to work anyplace.  It doesn’t show up in my “usable” inventory, (it is the “Key” items) and it is dulled out in the Serious Butler battle so you cannot revive and continue with it.  I never had cause to need it anyplace else, so I don’t know if it just can’t be used in the arena.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  1oldtymer.
    3 users thanked author for this post.
    Victar
    Participant

I’m playing a console (Switch) port of Alvastia Chronicles, and the Phoenix Pearl works fine on it. I usually carry one around, and it revived the party during a couple of random encounters gone bad. (Large Titan enemies are VERY MEAN on Expert.) It also revived the party in the Silver Cup of the Arena.

The Phoenix Pearl doesn’t automatically revive the party. It gives the player the option to revive the party and keep fighting after a Game Over. The player can choose the usual “retry battle from the beginning” or “go to the title screen” options after a Game Over, if they think using up a Phoenix Pearl isn’t worth it.

My experience is that Exe-Create games never let the player use revive-after-total-party-KO items during the ultimate optional superboss battle, but the player can use these items anywhere and everywhere else.

The only other exception is story battles where the player is scripted to lose. Since the story continues after the scripted loss, the Game Over screen never appears, and the player never has the option to expend the item.

Victar’s Fanfiction Archive: https://www.vicfanfic.com
    Featuring “Memories of an Overlord”, a Journey to Kreisia fanfiction novel

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,529 Forums: 149 Topics: 2,437 Replies: 13,734