Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Asdivine Cross Lucile is DA BOMB!

This topic contains 50 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  AccelKun 3 years ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Ok, for those who haven’t started this game yet…

Somewhere around the 2 hour mark (maybe less; I spend a lot of extra time exploring everything), Lucile joins your party.

Lucile is special. She can learn almost any skill, magic, etc., whether used by monsters or by your own party members, simply by having the skill or magic spell used on her.

So while my two main party members both have Light and Shadow Jewels equipped (since I haven’t found any Void Jewels yet), Lucile has no need for such things. :cheer: So I gave her a Thief Jewel (which I randomly got from an enemy drop, and which makes it so when an enemy drops an item at the end of battle, you get two of the item) and something else really awesome (can’t remember what, and I don’t have the game in front of me right now.)

But the Jewels are not what’s important. This is:

Harvey or Amelia can use ANY magic spell or ANY skill in their arsenal, and if they cast it on Lucile she will automatically learn it (and consequently be able to use it in batttle.) Note the game does say there are a few exceptions, i.e. a few skills she CAN’T learn – but I haven’t found any yet. Also, Lucile has a skill that makes the enemy more likely to target her, increasing the odds of learning enemy skills.

Why is this so awesome?

Well, in Eclipse of Illusion, one of the Job Classes let you learn enemy skills, and one of them (Guardian Force or something like that) was a HUGE defense buff – plus I believe there was a really powerful Healing skill as well, that you could ONLY learn from enemies.

So, I am going to go out on a limb, and suggest that there will be enemy skills in this game, that if Lucile learns them, will be ABSOLUTE GAME CHANGERS. (Plus a whole bunch that you’ll probably never need, but probably spend a lot of time trying to learn anyway…) 😛

Additionally – if one of your other party members has a really powerful skill that you wish you could use twice in battle – well, just go into a random encounter, use the skill on Lucile, and voila – you now have two party members who can both use the same awesome skill. (Example: Have Harvey use Ariel Slash on Lucile, then once learned, Harvey and Lucile can both use Ariel Slash in battle, in the same round even. This is a poor example because Ariel Slash is not that awesome, but I’m still at the early parts of the game so I don’t have any awesome skills yet!)

IF – and this is a BIG IF – If Exe Create did this right, Lucile’s ability to learn skills could prove to be an exciting and refreshing new twist on an otherwise familiar battle system. B)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

3beez
    Participant

Yep. What he said. :woohoo:

I’ve just gone through Shawarl Checkpoint and my game time is around 15 hours … most of which is exploring, taking notes, starting spreadsheets, etc… BUT more than a little is from getting enemy skills. It’s fun!

I hope it stays fun. Because there are 16 each of Light, Shadow, and Void; 32 Special Magic; 40 Monster Magic; 16 each of Sword, Sickle, and Rod; and 89 Monster Skills. At least that is the number of slots in Lucile’s magic and skill pages.

I think this game is gonna take a while. I’m really liking this game better than anything that’s been released lately. If you’re listening KEMCO and EXE-CREATE, thank you, thank you!

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Wow, that’s a boat load of skills!

I got some catching up to do; I just got to the Guild. (But I’ve been busy pulling weeds, and just finished today, so now it’s game on!)

3beez
    Participant

Tip: Put Lucile in the lead position using the Formations screen. This will focus more attacks on the leader, her.

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Also, you can learn at least 2 of her skills by talking to James at the Hideout. I just learned Steal, and he said to come back later and he’ll teach something else.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Full Guard can be learned by talking to a penguin in Tenebrant Castle (but I’m not going to tell Where in the castle mwahaha…)

Azyleo

Full Guard can be learned by talking to a penguin in Tenebrant Castle (but I’m not going to tell Where in the castle mwahaha…)

The penguin is in the first room to the right.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

😛

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Learn “Miracle Body” by talking to the Wandering Maid in the Chancellor’s Mansion (Lucile must be in your party and it may only be available in New Game+, I’m not sure.)

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Learn “Transform” from a Luminia Soldier in Luminia Castle. (First room of the castle you’re ever in.) Afterwards, the soldier mentions a fellow soldier in Tenebrant who’s also researching skills.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 821 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,806 Replies: 11,690