Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Asdivine Cross Cheap way to get ahead

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 4 years ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

This only works if you have the Premium version:

Buy the Experience orb, and then buy one Experience Trunk. (Since you have 1000 points to play with, why not have some fun?)

In your next random encounter (or whenever) use the Experience Trunk, then win the fight. Since you have the Experience orb, you’ll get 1 million bonus EXP.

I did this at the Training Ground but you can do it sooner (though you probably at least want Lucile in your party, and you may want to wait until your party is full.)

I went from level 21 to 54 or so, and now I can annihilate everything for a good long while, until the game catches up with me.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

UPDATE: Apparently, if you’re very lucky, you can also get Experience and/or Skill Trunks from random encounters with “Bonus” boxes. But there’s no guarantee that you’ll ever find a Bonus box, so it’s a long shot.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Now that you have completed the game, do you still recommend, for those that have the premium version, buying the experience orb and trunk, or is there something else you think more useful?

Older, but not wiser

Azyleo

Apparently, I think that the EXP orb is necessary. The others? No. Save the other ACP for Time Tower and Gems.

As for Trunks. Time Tower has a lot of encounters with Bonus Boxes. I got like 70 EXP Trunks, 90 SP Trunks and quite a bit of Skill Bags.

1oldtymer
    Participant

One more simple question. I saw MSG early on was playing in Expert mode, and I know you generally do as well, Azyleo. Is it ok to start Expert from the very beginning, or do you start easier and at some point switch to Hard/Expert?

Older, but not wiser

Azyleo

I played the First Ending On Hard and the Second on Expert.
    Hard Mode is generally MANAGEABLE. I stress on the Manageable here. Asdivine Cross is the first Asdivine Game that made me think hard on what move I should do next, and defeating bosses on Hard is very satisfying.

On Expert the game is Whack. Don’t do it. If you want to lose your hair ( by that I mean, you raking them out from you’re head ). Just don’t attempt Expert when starting out the game. Expert Mode on The Second Ending Play through is quite fulfilling actually. The bosses actually know what they are doing, especially the last boss. On top of being Cheap, he has a mind of his own during Expert.

In short: Hard on First Play through, Expert on Second. EXPERT IS NOT RECOMMENDED FOR SECRET ARENA.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I was on Expert at the beginning but it didn’t last beyond the first or second dungeon. Tried Hard for awhile, then Normal, then about the time of the Ravine, gave up and finished the game on Easy.

My initial assessment was 100% WRONG WRONG WRONG-ITY WRONG WRONG WRONG! (Also, it was wrong.) On other Asdivine games I get whooped on Expert, and this one, at the start of the game, you can Auto on Expert (but it doesn’t last), so that’s why I wrote what I did. Ignore my early impressions and listen to Azyleo.

Don’t buy Experience Trunk, and you may not need Experience orb for casual players, but if you plan on doing the bonus stuff, Experience Orb is definitely a good choice.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Well, I’m old and slow (witted as well as movement), but finally, finally, I am able to level up quickly. I didn’t realize there were 2 metal islands, not just one. The easy one is that one way up on the right hand corner of the map. I have 2 accelerator jewels and 2 100 count jewels, which I equipped on characters who have “all” enemy weapons on normal attack. I just hit the auto button, and the screen (usually) wipes clean while the score keeper breaks out the abacus. Now my weak level 62 will get a bump before I look for the last light crystal on the first play through.

How fast? From 62 to 170 in about 20 minutes. If enough monsters are on screen, I sometimes got 1.3 million exp in a single turn. Along the way I guess you get Experience Trunks at various levels.

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Nice. I’m totally gonna use that if I write up a Quick Leveling guide (although this whole thread is basically quick leveling anyway, so I’ll have to see on that one…)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 787 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,789 Replies: 11,572