Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Asdivine Cross Where to find Polish

This topic contains 21 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Rocket Man 4 days ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Help! I have one remaining unfound treasure in Spireach Tower, and you only get one guess as to which one it is. No fair peeking–of course I wouldn’t ask if I were not certain you know which one I’m missing. Yes…the rusted weapon. :sick: I’ve tried all 4 of my different pair of glasses, including sunglasses, to overcome my glazed eyeballs as I shuffle up down around the place. I have a heavy jewel to overcome the arrow floor tiles, but there must be some spot I am overlooking. I’d like to get the weapon before entering Elysium…so any help will be appreciated.

Older, but not wiser

Nemomon
    Participant

I made a mistake BTW. The tower I meant was not the Spireach Tower, but the tower near the Luminia Castle (that also unlocks in the NG+), but somehow I thought it was named Spireach..

1oldtymer
    Participant

Hey, you made me feel better, but my eye doctor is going to hate you for depriving him of my money for new glasses! So probably Illumina Spire, which still isn’t unlocked for me. Do the unlocks take place after beating Nullus or whatever? Timewarp Tower is still locked, and of course no Legendary Sewers, no Forgotten Village, etc. yet.

Older, but not wiser

Nemomon
    Participant

Hey, you made me feel better, but my eye doctor is going to hate you for depriving him of my money for new glasses! So probably Illumina Spire, which still isn’t unlocked for me. Do the unlocks take place after beating Nullus or whatever? Timewarp Tower is still locked, and of course no Legendary Sewers, no Forgotten Village, etc. yet.

Nullus is the final boss of the game, so for sure it is before ;). That tower is unlocked pretty soon when //spoiler// Jolie is kidnapped by Nullus //spoiler//, so remember when this will happen ;). Legendary Sewer is unlocked before that action inside the spoiler, so You probably already have it unlocked, or very soon You will have. Both the Timewrap Tower and Forgotten Village are unlocked after the events from the spoiler. Sewer is unlocked by Jolie, and Tower+Village by Maidame Curie.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Thanks for helping me breathe a sigh of relief that the unlocking isn’t far off. BTW, I cleared all treasures from Illumina Spire, and no rusted weapon there. It must be in an area that comes prior to any unlocking, as the other 3 did and it would make no sense to just have one of them held until later. So I’m still on the hunt for the rune weapon for Amelia.

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Thanks for helping me breathe a sigh of relief that the unlocking isn’t far off. BTW, I cleared all treasures from Illumina Spire, and no rusted weapon there. It must be in an area that comes prior to any unlocking, as the other 3 did and it would make no sense to just have one of them held until later. So I’m still on the hunt for the rune weapon for Amelia.

I guess I should have posted when I found the final rusted weapon, because honestly I don’t even remember now, where it was. I was sure it was at the very end of Ilumina Spire (perhaps after the boss battle?) But now… I can’t remember.

I do know that I thought it was odd, that I found the first three in locations that are available on the first playthrough, and Amelia’s weapon wasn’t available until you start the path to the True End. If/when you find it, please post the location.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Kiriee
    Participant

Where are the npc for rusty weapons?
    so far I’ve found
    rusty rod from mashrowe village
    rusty manifer from naihwee village
    rusty scythe from tenebrant city
    can’t find rusty sword npc yet

Also what are the effects? Are rusty weapons better than maid weapons?
    Also where do you find maid weapons? (Read somewhere that nemomon wrote it can be found on devil land and legendary sewer but not quite sure what are they called and which monster drop them).

Would like to start making end game weapons asap 🙂

In order:
    – Locations of the Shine Sisters (those who clean up rusty weapons) are found in the description of the key item Polish. The last one is located at Pican Port.
    – There aren’t any effects. Rune weapons (i.e. cleaned-up rusty weapons) you get are clean weapons with 500 attack.
    – No, Maid weapons are better, as they have 750 attack.
    – Clean Maid weapons can be found at Forgotten Village, at the lowest floor of the small building to the left. They are locked behind doors that require various gems, though. Otherwise, several monsters have “unclean” (i.e. can have effects) ones as a super rare drop:
    – Chaos Dragon (in Legendary Sewer) has Maid Bringer (sword).
    – Motley Kraken (in Legendary Sewer) has Carpet Beater (rod).
    – Kaiser Chimera (in Devil Land) has Oven Mitt (manifer).
    – Kaiser Penguin (in Devil Land) has Deathbringer (scythe).

1oldtymer
    Participant

Also what are the effects? Are rusty weapons better than maid weapons?

While it is correct that the maid weapons have 50% more attack than the rune weapons, there are some tradeoffs, and it is possible that for certain occasions the rune weapon might be more useful. For example:

Lucile’s rune weapon has Max MP 60% up, and damage dealt to void-class enemies x2. Her maid weapon is “100% of exp & gold earned in battle is added as a bonus.” You might prefer the in-battle stuff more important than the after battle bonus.

A similar but less clear cut situation for Amelia. Her maid weapon has a 40% change skill gauge is maxed out upon turn. Her rune weapon has max 30% MP and damage dealt to shadow-class targets x2.

Olivia’s maid weapon is, in my opinion, the clear choice over her rune weapon. It has all enemy parameters 2 ranks down at the START of every battle. Wow, that’s huge and dwarfs her rune weapon whic has max MP 50% and damage dealt to light-class enemies x2.

Older, but not wiser

Huh. I forgot about these effects. Well, alright, the Rune weapon effects are:

Rune Blade: +20% Max MP, x2 damage to Void enemies;
    Rune Rod: +30% Max MP, x2 damage to Shadow enemies;
    Rune Baghnakh: +60% Max MP, x2 damage to Void enemies;
    Rune Scythe: +50% Max MP, x2 damage to Light enemies.

For comparison, Maid weapon effects:

Maid Bringer: At the start of the battle Harvey has HP and MP restored plus has his parameters raised 2 ranks up;
    Carpet Beater: 40% chance to restore Amelia’s BG every turn;
    Oven Mitt: +100% EXP and Gold;
    Deathbringer: At the start of the battle enemy parameters are lowered by 2 ranks (in case of the boss battles, 1 rank).

While I admit Oven Mitt is probably better for grinding than actual battles, I still consider the Maid weaponry to be somewhat better, as the other effects are either comparable or better: Maid Bringer gives you a great headstart at every battle while Rune Blade allows you to perform somewhat better in the middle-to-end part and gives a minor MP boost (honestly negligible, because Harvey’s not really a magic-focused character), Carpet Beater allows you to access Amelia’s skills easier (considering her final learnable skill is a really good support, this is a pretty useful effect) while Rune Rod gives another MP boost and raises her damage against Shadow enemies (while it sounds useful, there are very few serious Shadow enemies at this point, and most of them are followed by more serious Void enemies) and Deathbringer’s basically another good headstart versus +50% MP and some help on, like, 2 or 3 enemies, each of which is supported by a trio of enemies with different elements.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 787 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,789 Replies: 11,572