Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Asdivine Cross I don’t get Beat Combo (and it’s annoying me!!!!!)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dragnfly 4 years ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Full disclosure: I finished the True End, and I never once used Beat Combo.

I went through the tutorial, and tried setting one up for Harvey, but I just couldn’t make any sense of it all. It seems to me, personally, like it’s just a waste of time.

Has anybody else used it, and if so what skills did you set and would you recommend Beat Combo to other players?

All your base are

Azyleo

Beat Combo is a series of skills or magic or both used consecutively. These are actually quite useful.
    For Example I have 9 BG points to Allocate my skills into. I have a , lets say, a Heal All skill, but it doesnt heal that much, and the rebound time, and startup time is atrocious. What I can do is Allocate them into my combo. Since one Heal All skill requires say, only 3 BG in the Beat combo, I set it up three times in my combo ( Heal All + Heal All + Heal All; 3+3+3 ) and now I can use them consecutively without ANY REBOUND TIME AND STARTUP TIME. They start up almost immediately.

For Example I have Lucile who wants to use a high 9 BG skill and still get some back, so what do I do? Of course I will use a combo with a High BG and BG Steal.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Okay that does sound useful, unfortunately it also sounds like it takes effort. 😛

I hate to say it, but if I have to think too hard about combo selection, I just skip it and move on… Still, thanks for the explanation.

All your base are

Azyleo

You will embrace the combo, you will fall for it. Do not delay the inevitable, doing so is only but a foolish task. Don’t resist give in, as it will help you in your struggles in the
    Bonus Arena.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Beat Combo is a series of skills or magic or both used consecutively. These are actually quite useful.
    For Example I have 9 BG points to Allocate my skills into. I have a , lets say, a Heal All skill, but it doesnt heal that much, and the rebound time, and startup time is atrocious. What I can do is Allocate them into my combo. Since one Heal All skill requires say, only 3 BG in the Beat combo, I set it up three times in my combo ( Heal All + Heal All + Heal All; 3+3+3 ) and now I can use them consecutively without ANY REBOUND TIME AND STARTUP TIME. They start up almost immediately.

For Example I have Lucile who wants to use a high 9 BG skill and still get some back, so what do I do? Of course I will use a combo with a High BG and BG Steal.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: WHOOSH! YES! I just made a beat Combo for Lucille, using your info on rebound wait times and BG recovery, and those magics that take a wait time??? NO wait, she goes first, and erases large groups of nasties. The rest of the party is beginning to sulk, as they aren’t getting any action :ohmy:

Thanks much much, Azyleo.

Older, but not wiser

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: WHOOSH! YES! I just made a beat Combo for Lucille, using your info on rebound wait times and BG recovery, and those magics that take a wait time??? NO wait, she goes first, and erases large groups of nasties. The rest of the party is beginning to sulk, as they aren’t getting any action :ohmy:

Thanks much much, Azyleo.

What combo? I want to try it… 👿

All your base are

1oldtymer
    Participant

Well, I’m at such a low level I have only 7 BG to play with (not 9). I think the order is important. It just so happens that for now, Lucille has my biggest SPD, so she goes first (but of course with the accelerator you can manipulate that if you like). I don’t have a powerful weapon, either, and low stats (level 62). I’m in Grakka Abyss first time through, so you can tell I’m not a crusher just yet. Anyway, with just a cheap 2 star Ablation 4 BG), followed by BG absorb (1 bg), followed by Gnome (1 bg), followed by BG absorb, Lucille winds up with her full 9 BG at the end, and usually wipes out everybody. There is one monster (Great Chimera) who survives, but is so weakened that the party knocks him off quickly. Why the Gnome? (1) I don’t have room for another point, but (2) you don’t want to kill the individual monster because you need the bg absorb to act on him! That is why order seems to be important. If you have the full 9 points to work with, of course you can do more. Funny: Ablation really seems to hit hard.

There appears to be a tradeoff for using the combo, and perhaps Azyleo can provide more details. It seems to me that that character using the combo will skip a couple of turns to balance out the extra turns used in the combo. In my case, as I have 4 items in the combo, I think Lucille skips 3 turns. If you have just 2 items, the skip is probably only 1 turn.

NOTE: I since writing have deleted the Gnome, as I don’t need it at the moment, and this reduces the missed turns. Note also, if I don’t have the skill doubler jewel, I come up one short on the BG steal, but with the jewel I’m back at 9.

Older, but not wiser

Azyleo

Oh yeah I forgot to tell but there is a rebound time on using combo equal to the amount of skills used( It’s actually less than that, like for 3 skills, the rebound time is 2.75 ). However when you are much higher levels, the Rebound time decreases quite a bit.

Typo
    Participant

I honestly thought it was just a way to use magic by consuming just BPs, never thought that it will reduce cast time and rebound time. Will fiddle with it later.

Nemomon
    Participant

I’m not using Combos much… except for that doppelganger character. She is using it like crazy, but only when I’m for skills hunting. I made a combo of Beckon + Call + Hit me. This way she is invincible, enemies attack only her (the rest party members are safe), and must use skills/magic, so I have a chance of learning them. The Beckon must be added first, or otherwise we will be unable to select an enemy.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 909 Forums: 134 Topics: 1,941 Replies: 12,056