Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Asdivine Cross Skipping story events

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dragnfly 4 years ago.

Dragnfly
    Participant

LOL So since I got my airship I was scouting around and I went to the Ravine I guess before I was supposed to. I triggered a cutscene, fought a boss, got a cutscene after it and then my map marker of where to go next suddenly changed from the Hideout to the Ravine.

Sorry, Boss. Did you have to tell me something? LOL.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Lols

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

famouscrystal1417
    Participant

Actually i play a game just for see the story,because that i never use “skip” option,or you play a game for fun(~JK) as long as you fine with it there’s no problem bro(did i say bro)

This one is telling the
    1.truth(lies)
    2.lies(truth)

Dragnfly
    Participant

… That’s not even what this topic is about.

famouscrystal1417
    Participant

Skip story right should i delete my comment,yeah hahaha i got a little dizzy because this(actually i get a confusion after i read agai the topic)

This one is telling the
    1.truth(lies)
    2.lies(truth)

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

LOL So since I got my airship I was scouting around and I went to the Ravine I guess before I was supposed to. I triggered a cutscene, fought a boss, got a cutscene after it and then my map marker of where to go next suddenly changed from the Hideout to the Ravine.

Sorry, Boss. Did you have to tell me something? LOL.

If no one else has shared whatever that boss does say, when I get to that point in my walkthrough I’ll try to post it here for you.

Dragnfly
    Participant

Oh, bad choice of wording on my part, MSG. Sorry. I meant Boss as in Isaac, the boss of the watchers. Sorry about that. The scene before and after fighting the boss in the ravine doesn’t change.

-After realizing the I skipped an event I saved to another slot and went back to do things in the proper order. I do game design so I know full well that skipping events can break the game.
    -Normally after you get the airship you go back to the hideout and talk to Isaac. Since I skipped that part the first time I was like “Well, I hope he didn’t have anything important to tell me.”

But yeah while skipping scenes is funny it’s also detrimental to your game. If you miss an event switch or a key item and save over the same slot you may lock yourself out of future progress. I dunno if that’s the case here but since the lockout can hit at literally any point in the game (Wild Arms 3 for example) it’s best not to play with fire.

But this was a brutal time for them to mess up like this. Seriously, when you get a boat or an airship who doesn’t check every nook and cranny of the world. I needed to find towns and metal island and new skills for Lucille.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Oh, okay.

Worst “accidental” Save in our family – first time my nephew played one of the Final Fantasy games on mobile (I think it was FF3, and I think he was like 8 or 9).

He got a Chocobo, and walked across a river, let the Chocobo go, saved the game – and was stuck in one spot. (Without the Chocobo to get back over the river, there was literally nowhere for him to go.) He didn’t know about multiple save slots either, so he’d saved his ONLY game in the ONLY slot he was using at the time…

He was practically in tears when he found that that his only option at that point was to start the whole game over (and probably would be embarrassed if he knew I was sharing this… so hopefully he won’t be on the forum anytime soon) :blush:

Overdrive
    Participant

My worst “accidental” save was in FF9. I was near the end of the game in the final dungeon. A day or so earlier, I’d gotten a guide for it, so I knew there was a bunch of optional stuff I hadn’t accomplished (bosses, side stuff like the chocobo digging, etc.), so my plan was to beat the game again after finishing it.

This particular night, I was kind of burnt out by work, so I didn’t feel like going through the late-game boss rush 9 has, so I figured I’d start up my new game and mess around with the opening stuff, saving finishing my original quest for another day. Everything went wonderfully, until I was ready for bed and saved it…over my original quest’s save.

I about burned down my entire town when I realized what I did. It didn’t help me in doing all that optional stuff I missed, as since I hadn’t beaten it yet, I had no patience for anything that required strategy devising and patience.

Dragnfly
    Participant

My clearest memory of saving over a primary save goes to Dragon Warrior on NES. My uncle sold my Erdrick’s Armour (the best armour in the game) for Magic Armour. I didn’t know that I could just go get it again so I completely raged at him.

I hardly ever screw up a save but usually when I do it’s because I save over my main save after pushing too deep into an area and getting too low on resources. Less of a problem in the post-SNES era since have gotten so easy. I do remember some game from at least the autosave era where there were two paths. I took one way and a shutter started to close behind me. I thought “oh damn I’m likely missing treasure!” so I bolted back under the shutter. There was loot down the other path but the shutter couldn’t open again. It autosaved once the shutter was closing so after reloading I couldn’t get the treasure.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 821 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,806 Replies: 11,690