Can anyone explain the Buddy System?

Written by MSG Commander

Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Asdivine Hearts 2 Can anyone explain the Buddy System?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I kind of get how it works – I mean, you find “Buddies” in the game, and then you can equip a Buddy and use them in battle. But as usual with Exe Create, the in-game explanation seems really complicated and it’s hard for me to follow along. Is there any simple explanation of how it works, who can use it, etc.?

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

CoarseDragon
    Participant

There are “Monster Buddies” and PC Buddies. For example Zack can use any other PC for his Buddy but only Stella can use “Monster Buddies”. When you find a Monster Jewel you can Release it which can then be use as a Buddy for Stella or you can use the jewel from inventory to increase that Buddies level. When you get a Portal in your garden you can dispatch any buddy and gain Guild coins. Monster Buddies level up by using them in battle as they level they gain skills. Some can be used in battle others like Heal can be used outside of battle.

Guess that is all I know at the moment. Hope it helps some.

1 user thanked author for this post.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I guess I haven’t dug that deep into it, all I saw so far was it looked like you can Equip different buddies on Stella. Is that different from releasing them?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Ok I’ve got a little bit better grasp on this now. To summarize and add to CoarseDragon:

Buddies:

Stella is the only one who can Release or “unlock” Buddies. (I’m guessing you have to somehow ‘find’ a new Buddy before they get added to the buddy list?)

Stella can only “Release” one Buddy at a time, and that Buddy can only go the rearguard of a team (but it can go to any team).

Teams:

Two characters make one team. The vanguard (front) character gets to attack; the rearguard character is for support. (I think?)

But, EVERYONE gets experience and can learn new skills, etc., REGARDLESS of their team position.

Also, you can put any two characters in the same team, even partnering Stella’s Buddy with a different main character:

Screenshot_2017-02-19-12-29-11

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Wow, I found the part I was missing!

“Monster” Jewels

When you find something like “Slime Jewel,” “Slug Jewel,” etc., you need to go into your Items! These jewels will be listed along with your normal items, and from there, if you tap on “Slime Jewel” the game will say, “Do you want to release?”

That’s how you get the buddies! Lols.

How did I miss that?

Weisteisen
    Participant

I notice buddies will gain more skill from leveling stella.
    Screenshot_2017-02-20-05-45-52

CoarseDragon
    Participant

Buddies can also use the same spells as Stella if she equips a B. Power Jewel. Very handy jewel.

Islandi
    Participant
    Buddies can also use the same spells as Stella if she equips a B. Power Jewel. Very handy jewel.

No, it doesn’t work that way. The same spell which buddies can use is what that team’s main character is using for that turn in battle.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

So in other words the B Power jewel applies to all Teams?

Islandi
    Participant

Hmm… to be more specific, Let’s say Zack is Main and Izayoi (Monster Buddy) is Sub.

When Zack equips B Power Jewel and uses the spell “Mini Big Bang” (which Izayoi doesn’t have), Izayoi is able to “copy” and use this spell as well. When Zack uses another spell in another turn, Izayoi is no longer to use “Mini Big Bang” but the next one Zack is using.

And while this is going on, Subs from other Teams are not able to “copy” Zack’s spell. It is only effective between the Main and the Sub of the same Team.

If you know how to utilise it well, you can exploit this function’s strength for Unison spells, especially those that use 2 of the same spell, such as:
    1. X-Attack Up (ATK & INT 1 rank up for ALL Teams) – Attack Up x Attack Up
    2. Atomic Array (Attacks all enemies 15 times each with light magic) – Holy Ray x Holy Ray

Equip Zack with Repeat Jewel, then watch Izayoi occasionally cast the same Unison spell!
    On top of that, if you equip Zack with B. Magic Jewel, the Unison spell’s damage is increased to 1.6x!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.