Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Bonds of the Skies Bond of the Skies for free?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Nemomon 3 years ago.

Nemomon
    Participant

According to Kemco’s Facebook page, this game is now a freemium game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kemco.hitpoint.folklorefree

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

According to Kemco’s Facebook page, this game is now a freemium game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kemco.hitpoint.folklorefree%5B/quote%5D

Played this one a long time ago. It plays much like Machine Knight (except with Guardians like they have in Justice Chronicles).

To me, at the time, the controls felt sluggish/laggy – the characters moved around real slow on the screen. :angry: Also there was a lot of “crafting” type of things going on, and at the time it felt like too much for me to want to bother with it all. Additionally, there is an unexpected difficulty spike or two, that if you’re not prepared for them you’ll be using words that aren’t allowed on the forum (and no, I don’t remember where the difficulty spikes occur, so you’d have to figure it out for yourself.)

In the end I put in about 5 hours into this game before I just gave up.

Now it might not be all that bad (certainly I would recommend it over Valkyria Soul or Seven Sacred Beasts, but…) I just don’t know on this one. Unless someone else has beat it, and can say that the story is good enough to make it all worthwhile (or even if they’ve fixed the controls I might try it again.)

Anyway if it’s free, give it a shot. Worst thing that could happen is you spend a couple hours to decide it’s not for you.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Nemomon
    Participant

I kinda read Your words somewhere else today. They also compared this game to Machine Knight, they also mentioned that it has difficulty spikes, and also that they stopped playing in the middle. Have You wrote that words somewhere else before?

I don’t know this game, but at the beginning it didn’t look that bad. Also, looks like they again changed the icon, because I have the premium version (which is still a version 1.1.1g), and it has a different icon…

Could it be that You just didn’t grind enough and was just underleveled? Suddenly enemies started to deal massive damage, or just the bosses were immune to everything, and each hit was dealing minimal damage?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I kinda read Your words somewhere else today. They also compared this game to Machine Knight, they also mentioned that it has difficulty spikes, and also that they stopped playing in the middle. Have You wrote that words somewhere else before?

I don’t know this game, but at the beginning it didn’t look that bad. Also, looks like they again changed the icon, because I have the premium version (which is still a version 1.1.1g), and it has a different icon…

Could it be that You just didn’t grind enough and was just underleveled? Suddenly enemies started to deal massive damage, or just the bosses were immune to everything, and each hit was dealing minimal damage?

Yeah I posted on Kemco’s Facebook page. 😆 Then I saw your comment and thought, I should also share this with Nemomon…

It is definitely possible that I didn’t grind enough (at the time I was more used to games like Eve of the Genesis and Symphony of the Origin, where once you reach a new location, you’re generally strong enough that you can beat all the enemies there without too many problems.)

So the free version does not replace the original (now called Premium) version? That’s good, because I paid for the original version, and I don’t want to have to deal with ads in it if I do decide to play again.

Nemomon
    Participant

Then You were too late with that sharing xD ;). But maybe others will gain something from Your experience.

I remember You generally do not like grinding, so my first thought was that perhaps it was the reason the game became harder later on. Enemies get a little stronger, and Your level stayed almost the same. But I will see when I will decide to play this game ;).

And yeah, I have two Bonds games now, and each with different icon.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Yeah, well also remember when I started the site, one of the first walkthroughs I did was for Justice Chronicles (also heavy on grinding, and collecting materials.) While I really LOVE that game – I literally spent months writing that walkthrough, as I tried to figure out the format and how to structure all the different sections of the guide, and I don’t know how many times I changed the map sizes but by the time I was done… I guess I’m just not ready for another MK/JC type of experience just now. :silly:

For sure in Justice Chronicles there are places where you have to grind for a few hours to beat the next boss, so if Bonds is like that I might pass on it. I dunno, I keep thinking maybe someday I’ll try it again, but there’s still a lot of other Kemco games I haven’t even tried yet.

So anyway, if you do play it, please let me know your impressions.

Nemomon
    Participant

Perhaps not too soon as I play the Unlucky Hero right now, and the next to play are Asdivine SaGa and Asdivine Hearts II (and I also still have the bonus bosses to kill in the original Asdivine Cross, I already finished the bonus dungeon and I’m facing the true end boss…), but if I will give it a try, I will tell You my impressions.

So… what’s Your next game to play? 😛

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Well, right now I’m obviously writing the Cross walkthrough, and meanwhile I’m also playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, and in very short intervals I’m playing Knights of Pen and Paper +1. (I got the Amazon Underground version of this game so the DLC was free, and I can ‘buy’ free Gold packs whenever I want to, so I’m just playing this one for fun… not so much for the challenge) :whistle:

When I finish the Cross walkthrough, I hopefully will be ready for Kemco’s August release (hoping there is an August release….), and then also plan to start Band of Monsters. MPG Annihilator is currently working on a location walkthrough for that game, and so I plan to start the game so that if he needs help with editing anything, I’ll know what he’s talking about. 😆

Meanwhile on my list for “someday” are Covenant of Solitude, Alphadia Genesis 1 and 2, Grace of Letoile, Fanatic Earth, and Rusted Emeth. (And maybe someday – Bonds of the Skies, and Cross Hearts Arcadia, and possibly one day I’ll go back and try to finish Grinsia, then I think I’ll have played every current Kemco game. Finally. Oh, wait, also need to get Chronus Arc in there somewhere… :S )

Nemomon
    Participant

So the next year is full set! xD.

I’m going to sleep uber super soon, but I will ask about Grinsia. I played it a little, but forgot about it since it was the only game I had from the Amazon shop. It didn’t look that bad, and its price wasn’t small as well. At least at that time when I was purchasing it. Is there something wrong with it?

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Nothing wrong, I just got bored at about 15 hours mark, and never went back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 631 Forums: 126 Topics: 1,553 Replies: 10,262