Overview and First Impression

Written by MSG Commander

Forums Tactical RPGs Chroma Squad Overview and First Impression

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I finally got a couple hours into Chroma Squad, and here’s what I know so far:

The game is essentially a Power Rangers parody. Five actors who play “Ranger” like stuntmen walk out on their director and decide to open their own studio – and you get to manage the studio and record t.v. episodes (aka missions) where they fight against bad guys.

There’s enough of a plotline to add some decent humor into the game, but aside from that it moves pretty quickly from one episode to the next. You start out by recording Season One Episode One. I think there are 6 seasons in total, but some of the in-game stuff only lists upgrades available through Season 5.

When you start the game there’s a tutorial that’s sort of helpful but not really great. It tells you to use “Teamwork” at one point, and to beat a boss with a “Finishing Move” – but it doesn’t really tell you HOW to do these things, so you have to figure it out for yourself. Anyway after the tutorial, the actors move into their own studio and that’s where the fun begins.

I do need to point out that this is a TACTICAL RPG – and I don’t have a lot of experience with the genre, so I can’t offer an opinion on how “hard” the game is… However, they do offer 3 difficulty settings, and I believe you can change difficulty in between episodes, so that should work for most people.

The other thing I will say is that the entire game is put together very well – I can tell that a lot of thought went into the details.

So, I’m not a huge Power Rangers fan, and I’m not a huge tactics fan, but I think this game is pretty cool.

One last thing to beware of: It does take a LOOOOOOOONG time for the game to load on my tablet, and once when I thought I had saved and had to force stop and reload the game, my save data was completely gone… I don’t know if that’s the fault of the app, or if it’s because there’s too much stuff loaded on my tablet, but I thought it was worth mentioning, either way. If you’re concerned about it not working on your tablet, you might considering buying the Steam version (although it is 3x the cost):
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/251130/Chroma_Squad/

Anyway, here are some details for anyone who’s read this far and is still interested:

Choosing your team
    Battles
    Managing the studio

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

• This topic was modified 47 years ago by .
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.