Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Chronus Arc Class Changing Questions and the Attainment Class

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  J. D. Guy 1 day ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)
  • Author

J. D. Guy
    Participant

Hey guys. 🙂 I decided to tackle this game first, since I originally passed it over when I had the opportunity to play for other Kemco 3DS games.

My question are:

1.) Exactly where are the in-game Books of Discipline? I know one can is gotten from the 2nd Gipple battle at the Villa, and one is received in either the Ancient Labyrinth or one of the floors in the Ancient Underground Pathway before the large gap that requires a second Ring upgrade to cross. Supposedly, there are 6 or 7(?) in each playthrough that can be obtained without needing to dip into the Antique Shop. Is this so, and if so, where are they precisely?

I ask because I’m at the Class changing point in Iatt, but only have 2 Books. I’d prefer to change Classes together in 3s, so I’d like a 3rd Book. If there’s a 3rd coming up soon, I’d like to wait before purchasing a Book at the Antique Shop, if possible.

2.) Any recommendations for Class changes by character and/or order of Class changes?

3.) I’ve been getting vague but still mixed messages about this. At precisely what point(s) can you begin using the Book of Attainment to change into the Attainment Classes? One place (here) claims you need to Master all 4 Disciplines on one character before reaching Attainment for that character become doable, but elsewhere, I’ve got the impression that you only need 2 Disciplines Mastered on a single before Attainment is possible for that character.

As always, thanks in advance for any and all help! 😀

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  J. D. Guy.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Hey guys. 🙂 I decided to tackle this game first, since I originally passed it over when I had the opportunity to play for other Kemco 3DS games.

My question are:

1.) Exactly where are the in-game Books of Discipline? I know one can is gotten from the 2nd Gipple battle at the Villa, and one is received in either the Ancient Labyrinth or one of the floors in the Ancient Underground Pathway before the large gap that requires a second Ring upgrade to cross. Supposedly, there are 6 or 7(?) in each playthrough that can be obtained without needing to dip into the Antique Shop. Is this so, and if so, where are they precisely?

Here is a note from an old website–I can’t vouch for its accuracy.
    BOOKS OF DISCIPLINE:

1. Milka’s Villa (I think it is in the treasure room on the left of 1F)

2. Forest of Trials – return after upgrading your ring power to cross wide gap

3. Galbure’s Tower B1F – block puzzle on the right of the large room.

4. Ancient Underground Path B11F – floating islands area

5. Ancient Underground Path B13F

6. Dropped by Monster Bird Golteth (quest #38 from Iatt Guild)

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.

J. D. Guy
    Participant

My question are:

Here is a note from an old website–I can’t vouch for its accuracy.
    BOOKS OF DISCIPLINE:

1. Milka’s Villa (I think it is in the treasure room on the left of 1F)

2. Forest of Trials – return after upgrading your ring power to cross wide gap

3. Galbure’s Tower B1F – block puzzle on the right of the large room.

4. Ancient Underground Path B11F – floating islands area

5. Ancient Underground Path B13F

6. Dropped by Monster Bird Golteth (quest #38 from Iatt Guild)

Monster Bird definitely does not drop one. I’ll check the Forest later on today. There may have been one in the Villa on the left side of the 1st floor, as I went there way earlier and cleaned it out than you’re supposed to gamewise. Also, Gippel’s Villa battle drops one, but the list doesn’t mention it.

Hmm.

EDIT: There was a Book of Discipline in the Forest of Trials. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  J. D. Guy.

J. D. Guy
    Participant

It turns out that the second Monster Bird Quest did give a Book of Discipline. With that, I got everything on the list, minus the Galbure’s Tower one and plus the Villa Gipple Battle one. EDIT: And now I have the Galbure’s Tower one. That means the game gives you 7 Books of Discipline for free.

I’m in the Chronus Shrine Path right now, and found a Book of Attainment in the left “hallway” divergence that appears in the area right after the entrance.

Do you @1oldtymer or anyone happen to know where the 2nd Book of Attainment is? I know a third can be won post-game, but two are supposed available during the main game, and I was wondering where the second one was.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  J. D. Guy.

1oldtymer
    Participant

From old (unreliable notes):

Do you @1oldtymer or anyone happen to know where the 2nd Book of Attainment is? I know a third can be won post-game, but two are supposed available during the main game, and I was wondering where the second one was.

From old (unverified notes):
    1. Underground Path – go left at start; behind block puzzle.
    May be guarded by the Knight’s Soul late in the game.

2. Galbure’s Tower – B5F side passage

——————————-
    and the verified item drop in the post game (see monster list last entry in the forum)

Older, but not wiser

J. D. Guy
    Participant

From old (unreliable notes):

From old (unverified notes):
    1. Underground Path – go left at start; behind block puzzle.
    May be guarded by the Knight’s Soul late in the game.

2. Galbure’s Tower – B5F side passage

——————————-
    and the verified item drop in the post game (see monster list last entry in the forum)

Thanks again! I got them all (minus post game one), and am preparing to change to the Attainment Classes.

Really, the only thing missing from this list is that there’s one dropped from Gippel in the Malika’s Villa fight. If possible, maybe add that to the Walkthough section on this site for future reference?

1oldtymer
    Participant

Really, the only thing missing from this list is that there’s one dropped from Gippel in the Malika’s Villa fight. If possible, maybe add that to the Walkthough section on this site for future reference?

It may not be on the walkthrough, but that Book of Discipline is in the enemy list table (#36). Glad you found everything and posted your findings–it will certainly help future players.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  1oldtymer.
    2 users thanked author for this post.

J. D. Guy
    Participant

It may not be on the walkthrough, but that Book of Discipline is in the enemy list table (#36). Glad you found everything and posted your findings–it will certainly help future players.

Thank you for bringing them up in the first place. 🙂

I didn’t know Gippel’s was in the enemy list, though none of the Books’ specific locations are mentioned there, I don’t think. Still, at least they’re all in one place.

I noticed that this isn’t one of the games with a comprehensive walkthrough. I definitely could have used one at a few points, especially with some of those real obtuse puzzles. The 6th and 8th floors in the Ancient Dungeon were impossible, and I had to look at some blurry pictures from an image site that only sometimes loaded just to get past them. A few others were like that, but those two were the only ones were I couldn’t “hmm” and “haw” my way through eventually.

1oldtymer
    Participant

I noticed that this isn’t one of the games with a comprehensive walkthrough. I definitely could have used one at a few points, especially with some of those real obtuse puzzles. The 6th and 8th floors in the Ancient Dungeon were impossible, and I had to look at some blurry pictures from an image site that only sometimes loaded just to get past them. A few others were like that, but those two were the only ones were I couldn’t “hmm” and “haw” my way through eventually.

Yes, I had to take some screenshots of two of the puzzles to make the answer clear. One time I realized that the puzzle was much easier if I had the sound turned on (I usually play without sound)! I didn’t post the solutions, as I was waiting for somebody to ask about the puzzles, but you are right, those things can be a pain.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  1oldtymer.

J. D. Guy
    Participant

Yes, I had to take some screenshots of two of the puzzles to make the answer clear. One time I realized that the puzzle was much easier if I had the sound turned on (I usually play without sound)! I didn’t post the solutions, as I was waiting for somebody to ask about the puzzles, but you are right, those things can be a pain.

Sound did indeed make a couple of those “invisible switch” puzzles pretty straightforward in practice. Still, a few of the puzzles with actual visible switches were kinda tricky.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.