Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Chronus Arc A Walkthrough

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 1 year ago.

Uninvented
    Participant

I read in the Forum how somebody asked about a Walkthrough for Chronus Arc. I looked at all the Game Pages for the game and the links provided by gamers in the Forum. The fabulous info is aplenty, but the actual beginning-to-end Walkthrough isn’t here.

I am just starting the game, and I don’t mind taking the notes and putting together a Walkthrough. I do have questions about it.

Is Chronus Arc actually a game that needs a Walkthrough? If you guys think there may be value in having a Walkthrough, should I do it? Or do you think it’s not worth the effort since the game has been out so long? I believe it takes special permission from Admin to post a Walkthrough, doesn’t it?

I’m thinking a Walkthrough would be much easier to write than some of the others around here, since all the other sections (Classes, Materials, Quests, etc) are already done. I’m willing to take a stab at a comprehensive Walkthrough if you guys honestly think I should. Tips and pointers about anything relating to a Walkthrough or the game content would most certainly be needed and appreciated.

Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

@uninvented, there’s nothing that can prevent you from doing entire Walkthrough for the game. Hey, it’s a site for KEMCO fans to help other people.

But if you will use other people topics and posts as a help for you, it should be noted in one way or another (either credits or the source you got it).

But I might be wrong (although any normal faq I saw about any game gave credits to people who found out those things).

Welcome 😇

Uninvented
    Participant

@mastertrek

Master, I’ve noticed that the puzzles in the game are a beast for many players.  I’m sure even more so if ppl aren’t used to doing those kind of puzzles.  Despite the game’s age, I believe a Walkthrough would be helpful.

I really do wanna create the Walkthrough. Who knows? It may even inspire some members to replay Chronus Arc. That would be fun. Flattering, too. 😊

The controls in the game sure are a booger, and the enemies are OP.  But the storyline and puzzles have me hooked. I have the Spoilers for the puzzle solutions nailed so far. I suppose, it’s gonna get real interesting as the puzzles become more complex!

You never have to worry about plagiarism with me. I understand it very well. If I copy anything, it would be the formatting that Commander uses for the Walkthroughs. Only because it’s standardized here. I wouldn’t want to deviate and make a Walkthrough seem inconsistent. Since all the other info is here, (enemies, mats, etc) I guess the best way would be to include a link (and credit) to them if they must be included in the Walkthrough for any major reason?

So whaddya say? Will you give me the authorization to write a Walkthrough? Please? I’m already at 29 pages of notes (small notebook, tho). I wanna make the notes “official” before I forget any little nuances I may not have included but still remember for the time being.

You’re totally welcome to make amendments or corrections to the Walkthrough as you deem necessary or to make suggestions about improvements. I wouldn’t be offended.

Please?? I’m having anxiety from the anticipation of it.  Lol

Laura

• This reply was modified 49 years ago by .
    1oldtymer
    Participant

If you want to write a walkthrough, by all means do so.  At some point MSG will either appoint some co-editors, or will be back to doing the organizing, etc. that needs doing.

As far as the Chronus Arc Puzzles go, you have probably seen that many of them have video solutions posted in the forum.  I think some of the puzzle solutions are difficult to put into words and videos are easier for stumped players to quickly grasp.

Older, but not wiser

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Uninvented
    Participant

Thank you for the encouragement and great tips, oldtymer.

The early puzzles may not need vids. And that’s where I’m still in the game. They are not complex. They only require a little planning. Writing the notes for them was straightforward and easy to explain. I don’t think they’ll be a prob. If the written explanations are confusing for some ppl, I’ll even restart the game and take videos.  (Which I may just go ahead and do anyway now that I’m thinking about it.) The puzzles show up in the first couple hours of the game. I’d be ok with restarting the game to take vids. From here on, I’ll take vids.  You’re advice is good and well worth heeding.

Where do I write the Walkthrough, tho? Just posting it in the Forum won’t organize it properly at all. I don’t mind doing it that way, but is it acceptable? Or could it be too confusing? I only want to clarify what you mean about me going ahead and doing it. I don’t wanna stick it in the wrong place or the wrong way.

Thanks 🙂

Laura

Mastertrek

As @1oldtymer said, you don’t need permission from anyone to write a Walkthrough about any KEMCO game. And you can post it in the Forum about the said game (and when @msg-commander comes back you will be able to ask him to make it an Official Walkthrough for the site) 🙂

Welcome 😇

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 605 Forums: 126 Topics: 1,515 Replies: 10,112