Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Crystal Ortha How good is this game?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  LemmyTheLenny 2 weeks ago.

Nemomon
    Participant

I’m waiting for this game to be released on Switch. How good is it compared to Violator and Tetrarchs? Many or any improvements?

3beez
    Participant

Tetrarchs was okay. I did finish it. However, I returned Viator. I wish I had returned Ortha. I’ve tried several times to play it, but it is just so annoying. The encounter rate is too high. The drop rate is too low. I don’t care about the characters or the story. Oh, and want to use a transport option? Go into the menu, tap Transport, select which one you want to use, tap cancel or use. If you get off the transport, it disappears and you have to go into the menu again to get it back….not really fun when you just want to fly around and explore. Then again, there really isn’t much to explore…

I guess I’m mostly picking nits. I prefer the ExeCreate games. And I’m annoyed with myself for being too dense to figure out how to get past the lightning accumulators easily…even with Thunder Shields everyone gets zapped and everything heals the critter. So far luck has been my only strategy. LOL

Anyways, if you liked both Tetrarchs and Viator, you’ll probably like this one. For me, it’s tedious and annoying. And definitely not worth the $9.

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

You are right, @3beez: the drop rate is too low (but it doesn’t matter, because the drops are rather useless), the encounter rate is way too high (which does matter), and the transport thing drove me crazy too.

I did like the battle mechanic, and the necessity to figure out the right strategy (for at least some of the tough battles).  Characters?  It had Characters??  I must have missed that, as I thought we just had interchangeable icons to watch….

But the Virus does change our expectations….

Older, but not wiser

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Nemomon
    Participant

But wasn’t the transport thing the same (or similar) in Violator? The difference is that in Violator you had to go to the Map instead of to the Options.

What about the cowboy? I read he’s most disliked character? What did he say to earn this status?

Does this game has something similar to the Tower of Rao? Also, how many teammates join the crew? Or this time around we don’t have a zoo with us?

1oldtymer
    Participant

No Tower of Rao like location.  Only 4 characters total, no options.

I didn’t use the transport much in the earlier games, but it is a minor irritation here.

The entire story premise is a bit odd: they want to find the treasure to get rich!  There are some excuses for this, but even so, the Cowboy tends to lack any interesting motivation.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: typo--4 characters, not 3
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Forgive my typo–4 characters, all in the party, no “bench” characters.

Older, but not wiser

JRPGHero
    Participant

Yeah the game treads familiar ground if you’ve played Monster Viator and Crystal Ortha, esp. battle system wise.

The random encounter rate is high, but I auto battle through some of those.

Minus the cowboy (who is handy in battle but unlikable), I find the characters interesting and fun.

Still haven’t gotten the fourth party member yet, but I look forward to it.

I’ve put this game to the side for The World  Ends With You Solo Remix post game content though so that probably says how much this game holds my interest.

I don’t regret buying Crystal Ortha though and look forward to getting back to it.

JRPGH

1 user thanked author for this post.
    LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I don’t think Teo’s supposed to be a cowboy. Rather, he gives off an indiana jones vibe.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

JRPGHero
    Participant

Having gotten Marshma now, I think she has potential to be quite powerful if she could have the right skills. She’s an even cuter version of Gau from Final Fantasy VI. Really appreciate how there’s a monster guide in the options menu with the location of the monsters and what skills you can learn.

Also, I’m currently chasing after the gem thieves and I find their names and dialogue amusing.

JRPGH

Nemomon
    Participant

I wonder, I’m playing EXE-CREATE games always on double encounter rate, do you think the encounter rate in Ortha will still be annoying to me? Or rather it will be normal?

Also, Marshma can learn opponents’ skills. I assume she also can learn bosses’ skills. Are bosses and therefore skills missable? Or even if I will not get all the skills from a boss, the missed skills will reappear later?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 820 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,806 Replies: 11,690