Forums Kemco Games Hit Point Crystareino Something’s Fishy about the "Pure White Amulet"

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 1 year ago.

Uninvented
    Participant

I only have one “Pure White Amulet” in my inventory, but I will need another to synthesize two “Eye of Goddess.” (Eye of Goddess prevents all status debuffs; whereas, the Pure White Amulet will only reduce the risk of them.) I may have to be okay with synthesizing only one Eye of Goddess, since I discovered inconsistencies about the Pure White Amulet. I was hoping one of you guys would know the answer to finding another amulet- if there is another one to be found.

Unfortunately, I don’t remember how I came across the Pure White Amulet that’s in my inventory.  (But I’m about to look over the Walkthrough to see where the Pure White Amulet I have came from- just in case that may help somebody remember something about the amulets. @msg-commander was good about listing what items were dropped & stolen, and what items were found in treasure chests in every location.)

The Walkthrough’s Item List: Accessories has the amulet as being synthesized, but it’s not. (“Pure White” talismans & necklaces can be synthesized, but they are not the same as the amulet. The effect for the talisman, necklace, and amulet are all different, according to the descriptions of the items in the game. So there’s no mistaking that the amulet is its own item.)

It seems the Walkthrough’s info about the amulet being synthesized may be incorrect.  Although, the scroll bars in the game do not always comply like I wish, so it is possible I missed the amulet on the Synthesizing list in the shop. I did check three or four times just to be sure I wasn’t missing it, but that still doesn’t provide a guarantee of my correctness.

Despite the info in the Walkthrough, has anyone else wanted more than one Eye of Goddess to know if more of the Pure White Amulets are available? I’m about to embark on the highest floors of the Adventurer’s Cave (Floors 5-10) and the Water Temple (Floors 4-7); and I still have yet to step foot in the Tower of Darkness. I’m hoping an amulet may be hanging around somewhere.

I’ll only check the parts of the Walkthrough for the places I’ve been and not the parts where I haven’t. I don’t want to be tempted to cheat and ruin the adventure.  Do any of you recall if there are more Pure White Amulets in the game? Or are any of you willing to check Commander’s Walkthrough for the places I haven’t been yet? (Highest level floors of Adventurer’s Cave & Water Temple, and the entire Tower of Darkness.) I’d really like to know if there is another amulet. Because if there is, then that will be the area I hurry to so I can explore it next.

Thanks.

EDIT: The plot thickens. I looked through every town’s shop lists, all treasure finds, all loot in drawers & pots, and all the drops & steals for area mons and bosses in the places where I’ve been. A Pure White Amulet doesn’t show up anywhere! Please help me solve this mystery.

I’m going back to check the Synthesizing Shop list again. This is really bugging me.

EDIT 2: Nope. Nothing.

I am wondering about something now since I was similarly confused while playing another Kemco game. (Not too long ago, @1oldtymer and I realized a change that happened with an update for Justice Chronicles.) The Crystareino game I’m playing is Version 1.1.4g.  I wonder if an update for the game screwed up something about the Pure White Amulet? That would be a real bummer. ‘Cause now I really want to solve this enigma about the Pure White Amulet, and I can’t. Waaah! Sadly, I couldn’t even follow the “recipe” you guys have for the Pure White Amulet since it doesn’t show up as an option on my Synthesizing Shop list. I oughta file a grievance with Kemco! 😋

Laura

1oldtymer
    Participant

I don’t have an answer.   I have only 1 pure white amulet in my inventory.

[EDIT]: I am using 1.1.4g and there is NO entry in my synth store for “pure white amulet”, so I believe it is only possible to create a single Eye of the Goddess.

Versions (looks odd);

Current in Google play is 1.1.4g (2018)

Amazon  1.1.6 (2016)!!!

Amazon Underground  1.0.0

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 51 years ago by .
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Uninvented
    Participant

Thank you so much for looking into it for me, oldtymer, and taking the time to respond to my post. I’ll go ahead and synthesize the one Eye of Goddess. One is better than none. If you’re also of the belief that only one can be owned, then it’s part of the game that I have to accept – whether I like it or not. It would be great if someone here has an older version of the game. Just to satisfy my curiosity to know if the ability to synthesize the amulet had been removed from the game.

Commander is usually diligent about the Walkthroughs. I know mistakes happen, but I have a feeling that what Commander wrote isn’t an error. It probably was possible to create more than one Eye of Goddess in an earlier version. If that speculation ended up being true, then I’d recommend to others to get the Amazon Underground version!

It is confusing how the 1.1.6 came out two years before the 1.1.4. That doesn’t even make sense! Not unless the “g” has something to do with it. Maybe “g” stands for Goodbye, Goddess. 😄😄

Laura

1oldtymer
    Participant

Thanks for your kind words.  Just in case you haven’t gone through the forum spoilers, etc., I will tell you that you don’t need the Eye of the Goddess, and in fact I don’t think it will even help in the big battle in the post-game.

Older, but not wiser

Uninvented
    Participant

Good info to know.  Thanks so much, oldtymer. I was obsessed with this whole “Pure White Amulet” situation. At least now I don’t have to chase my tail about it.

Had to write Kemco support about it!  (Dorky thing to do, I know.) But I was that determined to solve this riddle I ridiculously created for myself. I sent it to them not too long before I saw your above reply. Their response just arrived in case anyone would like to know what they had to say.

Laura

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Yeah I thought it’s only obtainable by a Drop but was unsure about it so didn’t tell. But Kemco support actually knows their games (^. ^)

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Hey, congrats for solving the mystery.  If Cumberbatch tires of the role, YOU can be then next “Sherlock”!

Older, but not wiser

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

I like him as an actor  😎

Welcome 😇

Uninvented
    Participant

Sherlock. Good one! 😄😄

Laura

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Had to write Kemco support about it!  (Dorky thing to do, I know.) But I was that determined to solve this riddle I ridiculously created for myself. I sent it to them not too long before I saw your above reply. Their response just arrived in case anyone would like to know what they had to say.

Dang @uninvented you are for sure a valuable addition to this site! I had all the same questions about the Pure White Amulet but I always just assumed it was some sort of glitch or typo on Kemco’s part… I never would have suspected that was the solution.

You seriously deserve like the RPG Insanity Gold Star achievement award (just as soon as we can get somebody to create it, that is…)

Awesome work on solving this mystery.  😎

All your base are

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 944 Forums: 135 Topics: 1,977 Replies: 12,128