Now on Android

Written by MSG Commander

Forums JRPGs Cthulhu Saves the World Now on Android

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Travelman31 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I was just browsing Google Play and this game came up. Maybe it’s been there for awhile but this is the first time I’ve seen it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinkerhousegames.cstw

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Nemomon
    Participant

MSG, have mercy! Fix the typo in the forum’s name! It’s Cthulhu.

And pray he will wake up soon, and so he will bring us a great paradise of nothingness… ~ 🙂

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Lols. I’ll fix that next time I’m at the pc. Meanwhile I guess if he does come, I probably have to go last now :silly:

I decided to give the game a go, and I’m really enjoying it. The humor aspect is, so far, really well done. And I’m on Normal difficult and the random encounters are a challenge (as in, you actually have to think about what attack to use, or you can easily die.)

But I just fought the first Boss, and it wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be.

Nemomon
    Participant

I have this game on steam, but kinda never had enough time to even install it…

But I don’t like if random encounters take more time than 5 seconds to complete, and even more I hate if I actually must fight them instead of just pressing Auto.. ;).

kamentierr
    Participant

Maybe it’s been there for awhile but this is the first time I’ve seen it.

The game has been on playstore for along time. Iirc i saw it on playstore for the 1st time around 2013

But I don’t like if random encounters take more time…

Yeah i agree. it’s annoying and somewhat tedious. Maybe because we are used to play Kemco’s RPGs. Auto Battle for life!! :silly:
    But the good news is in this game, every area has limited number of random encounters. You won’t meet any random enemies after a certain numbers of battles and this numbers also shown on the party’s main menu.

What an ass...

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Another thing worth noting is how they handle HP/MP.

Naturally, if you run out of HP in battle…

Spoiler title

At the end of every battle though, your HP is fully restored, and you recover a small amount of MP (usually 3 to 5 points). I think Healing costs around 3 or 5 MP, so if you Heal someone once per battle you can keep your MP full for the times you really need to use it for attack spells… but if you waste it all in one battle, it might be awhile before you’ve recovered enough MP to use your spells again. Kind of annoying, but I also kind of like it, just because it’s a little different from the norm.

Also, I believe there are 4 difficulty settings (3 or 4, can’t remember which off the top of my head.) So on Easy, you might be able to just keep tapping “attack” and just destroy all the random enemies. I don’t know though ’cause I haven’t tried it on Easy.

I think the game is also pretty short (6-10 hours according to Steam). So if anything else really strikes me while I’m playing, I’ll leave more info; otherwise I’ll just drop in a little “mini-review” in this topic after I’ve beat it.

Travelman31
    Participant

Once I am done with Doom and Destiny advanced (chapter 12 currently) I am giving this one a try!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.