Forums Kemco Games Chocoarts Djinn Caster Runtime error?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Azyleo 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Argnox
    Participant

Whenever I try to launch the game I’m presented with a runtime error, I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn’t seem to work, anyone know what to do or have had any similar problems?

English rule No. 72: If you're gonna give a point, you're gonna need some evidence and an explanation to back it up.

Azyleo

I am no expert in this how much of spare RAM do you have when you’re running the game.

I can think of two things , first is that you don’t have enough RAM (in most cases this hardly happens) or some program you have in your phone is causing a memory leak (or the game itself for that matter).

Secondly it could be a problem with the game itself, mostly if it’s trying to access files which are not there (in the game itself or your phone. The same way when you run a game on your computer but you can’t start it because you have some .dll files missing).

P.S. give some specifications of your phone.

EDIT: I saw the image you attached after I posted. That is definitely an error the game itself is causing (bad coding) and you should report it. Of course I have not tried replicating this so I am not sure if your the only one experiencing it although this does look like a programming issue and everyone should be facing it, but I could also be entirely wrong!

In any case, file a report to kemco and ask them about this problem.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Azyleo.

Mastertrek
    Participant

Most errors aren’t based on the game unless it’s showing up on multiple phones.

Azyleo is right. Not every phone can take on every game and even after having it downloaded it does not mean the game will work on your phone. The game is pretty big.

Taken from Google Play store :
    [Supported OS]
    – 4.2 and up
    [Supported Screens]
    – HD (720×1280) and up
    [Game Controller]
    – Incompatible
    [SD Card Storage]
    – Incompatible
    [Languages]
    – English, Japanese
    [Non-Supported Devices]
    This app requires high processing capability so if you see any problem on low-end devices, please turn off the Max Quality option to see if the performance improves. Also, the app requires an additional data download of about 600MB before playing.

You can try to talk with KEMCO Support about it if you are sure that your phone is better than enough to play the game.

Note that it might be an issue with folders in your device (but it shouldn’t happen if you download it from Google play store unless you deleted some important folders so game can’t recognize it.

I love and hate The infamous Heartless Angel at the same time 🙂

Argnox
    Participant

I’ve played bigger games on my tablet just fine before, but yeah, it might have something to do with my RAM or something, I’ll contact Kemco support about it, thanks

English rule No. 72: If you're gonna give a point, you're gonna need some evidence and an explanation to back it up.

Mastertrek
    Participant

Yes, you should and maybe they’ll help you out with finding the way to get the game to work good. Sometimes some games shut down for me without any reason or don’t work at all too. At least it didn’t happen at any KEMCO game I played.

Azyleo

Please remember it isn’t how “big” the game is (granted it’s also a factor worth considering but) , it’s how well it was optimized to work on devices. As such is why I asked for your phone or tablet specifications.

Jesusalva
    Participant

Please remember it isn’t how “big” the game is (granted it’s also a factor worth considering but) , it’s how well it was optimized to work on devices. As such is why I asked for your phone or tablet specifications.

Yes, as @azyleo said, it is highly unlikely that the problem is RAM or storage.

The error Android is reporting is clearly “something went wrong with variables”. Sounds more as “the variable was not correctly set and now we need it to show the splash screen!”

Taken from Google Play store : [Supported OS] – 4.2 and up [Supported Screens] – HD (720×1280) and up

These are probably the only two problems which could be your fault, are “easy” to check and still relate to the bug.

You can Check a generic similar error to understand a little what is happening.

Please disregard my comments below:

Most errors aren’t based on the game unless it’s showing up on multiple phones.

The biggest part of the bugs which make into a new release are obscure bugs, and those usually only happen at very specific environments for… obscure reasons. They are rarely found and/or fixed. Some are so puzzling that all the devs can do is look at awe and think: “how did this happen?”.

If you look at my game’s bugtracker you’ll find some crashes which there is simply nowhere they could have come from. That said, I repeat, those are rarely found and some only happen once in a lifetime.

“Most errors aren’t found/fixed unless it is showing up on multiple phones” would be the most accurate.

“And those who doesn’t tend to be user fault” is often a correct addition, though.

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Jesusalva. Reason: minor rephrase
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Azyleo

It is highly unlikely that the problem is RAM or storage. The error Android is reporting is clearly “something went wrong with variables”. Sounds more as “the variable was not correctly set and now we need it to show the splash screen!”

I am think I should’ve phrased “big” better (though I did make it clear that RAM and storage(which is hardly worth mentioning in this case) is an unlikely issue in my previous post). What it said was indexing a nil value, which imo I think shouldn’t happen unless a file is missing linking to that record being indexed.

Again I am no expert just throwing stuff out.

Other than that I do agree. I am just asking for specs the most :v.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mastertrek
    Participant

You’re right.. 🙂

Argnox
    Participant

I sent a report to Kemco support and got an automated message back

from what i can gather, they’ll check it out once i provide them with suitable screenshots and data/crash reports and stuff, including my tablet specifications

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.