Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Doom and Destiny Doom and Destiny: The Game inside a Game.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 3 months ago.

Mastertrek

This game is loads of fun!

Advanced is also a lot of fun, and there are way more secrets to find (and in my opinion, too many job classes, but some people might like that so…), but all around it’s a good game and definitely worth playing!

I tried it but it turned me off because in an instant I saw it has Classes you need to pay for.. If I played the game last year I’d buy the Game to not have any troubles with locked content but as I tried it at the worst time possible I ended up stopping right after tutorial. I liked the Ration System.

(Off-topic) I played The Stranger things for strange reason. Fun game, I shouldn’t spend time on exploring every place any time I unlocked someone (took 8h to get 96% completion, couldn’t find a quest guy and a few items/Equipment pieces.

Additionally, I started Reventure. Fun game although it gets more difficult to find the Endings now (this is probably the only game that despite it gets tricky to get the endings, everything I tried resulted in an ending. Being a Queen has consequences.

Welcome 😇

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Mastertrek.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    MPG Annihilator
    Keymaster

MSG, I have absolutely no idea what your talking about when you say too many job classes

That simply doesn’t exist. The more job classes (As long as none are behind a paywall) the better. Job class systems are always the best, because they give so much power to the player to play how they want, or try problem solving with a different class setup and have a ton of fun doing so!

Light and Darkness, Come forth and be one.
    No matter the battle, without hope, you are done.

Jesusalva
    Participant

I, for one, do not like Job Systems.

They give me the need to micromanage the status points allocation so I just tend to pick the all-rounder one, or whatever the default job is. Never changing it, if at all possible, but I do tend to get anxious when I reach the job exp cap and need to change class to don’t waste job experience points. It is even worse when the skills are associated with class, these are in the groups of games I tend to avoid playing as much as possible.

I prefer micromanaging a garden or an inventory than micromanaging a job system.

MPG Annihilator
    Keymaster

Jesusalva, your an alien to me.

Inventory management isn’t the worst, but managing a garden sucks, in games AND in real life, so I dont see your reasoning.

Games with jobs do have class specific skills, but most games allow one or more skill to be inherited into another class, and the only exception that I can think of is FFIII, but mastering one class in FFIII takes literal days if you don’t know how to JP farm. If you know how to JP farm, it is still quite a number of hours to master a job.

Plus, any game that allows you to switch jobs cause you master them makes you explore more options and possibly find your new favorite class. It’s more fun than gardening or inventory management.

Jesusalva, in this instance, your point makes no sense to me.

Light and Darkness, Come forth and be one.
    No matter the battle, without hope, you are done.

Jesusalva
    Participant

Gardening ingame can be done roughly mindlessy – check the plants everyday, water them all, remove weed if needed. Repeat.

Grinding is a perversion of gardening. Except I do have patience to gardening (I usually take 15 minutes everyday to take care of Miden Tower or sometimes Asdivine Kamura gardens, both games I’m yet to complete) but not for grinding.

I usually play games for the story – job system, winding dungeons, and grinding levels all distract me from the story so I don’t like them.

Gardening is usually an optional feature that you don’t need to play the game so it is a fine time killer when I’m too lazy or busy to advance the storyline but still want to hear the game music.

And unlike grinding, when I want to resume the story, I can do it right away; While grinding usually is forced in regular gameplay.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

MSG, I have absolutely no idea what your talking about when you say too many job classes

That simply doesn’t exist. The more job classes (As long as none are behind a paywall) the better. Job class systems are always the best, because they give so much power to the player to play how they want, or try problem solving with a different class setup and have a ton of fun doing so!

My real complaint with D&D Advanced is that there’s one job class for each character that unlocks so late in the game, it’s hardly worth getting (because by that point I was so OP without the new jobs, that it didn’t make any difference which job I had selected).

Plus, throughout the game there are places where you NEED to equip one of the earlier jobs or you cannot progress. There’s no such need for the late game jobs anywhere so it’s like the devs just said, “hmm, you know what’s missing? Another round of job classes…”

The overall game is still fun and I do recommend it – I just personally was not that impressed with that part of it.

Also @mastertrek I played the Android version and none of the jobs were behind a paywall. But maybe that’s changed? I don’t know…

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Mastertrek

My real complaint with D&D Advanced is that there’s one job class for each character that unlocks so late in the game, it’s hardly worth getting (because by that point I was so OP without the new jobs, that it didn’t make any difference which job I had selected).

Plus, throughout the game there are places where you NEED to equip one of the earlier jobs or you cannot progress. There’s no such need for the late game jobs anywhere so it’s like the devs just said, “hmm, you know what’s missing? Another round of job classes…”

The overall game is still fun and I do recommend it – I just personally was not that impressed with that part of it.

Also @mastertrek I played the Android version and none of the jobs were behind a paywall. But maybe that’s changed? I don’t know…

I think the descriptions are different (Premium says “Nothing is locked”) or I saw a popup. Not sure. Would love to play it (I didn’t uninstall free version.. Hmm) but I don’t know what’s locked. I see it’s at a discount currently.. I don’t have anything interesting to play atm.

Welcome 😇

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

@mastertrek overall, I enjoyed playing the game. I did follow a walkthrough to help me find all the secrets (and even then I never actually found ALL of them lol…) but as a result I remember being quite OP for the final boss, so the last battle was slightly disappointing. Still I think it’s worth playing.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Viewing 8 posts - 11 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 791 Forums: 131 Topics: 1,793 Replies: 11,584