Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dotquest EN Magic in DotQuest-RE

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 11 months ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

I have to put this post in this topic, as I don’t have the authority to create a new topic in this forum.  This post is about the android DotQuest-RE version in Google Play.  Using the Japanese Wiki translated by Google, I have cleaned up the table below and aligned it with the names and data in the current android “DotQuest-RE”.  BTW, I think the title “Dotquest” is poorly translated, and the game should really be called “GrindFest.”

There are some differences from the Wiki, perhaps from different platform versions, errors in the Wiki, or some mistake on my part.  Although the Wiki has tables for the weapon skills, I have not included them because there are  conditions other than character level and skill level to acquire the skill (unlike magic, which does have conditions).  It is helpful to know, however,  the highest weapon skill you need to reach in order to acquire all skills for that weapon:       sword   12     katana  12        wand      6       claw      13        knife     11

“Power” is from the Wiki and is a measure of RELATIVE attack strength.  The Wiki isn’t clear to me whether the atk power here is directly comparable to the power of skills, or must be first divided by 2 to a valid comparison.

Name Element MP Effect Required Learned by Power
    Cure life 3 Recovers small amount of HP LV 4 Luna, Rin, Supika
    Cure 2 life, magic pro 5 Recovers standard amount of HP LV 10 Life 2 ALL
    Cure 3 life, magic pro 8 Recovers large amount of HP LV 18 Life 4 Rin, Supika
    Heal life 8 Recovers small amount of HP ALL LV 10 Life 3 Luna, Rin, Supika
    Heal 2 life, magic pro 15 Recovers standard  HP ALL LV 22 Life 5 Rin, Supika
    Recover life 2 Recovers bad status LV 3 Shota, Luna, Supika
    Recover 2 life 6 Recovers bad status ALL LV 14 Life 4 Shota, Luna, Supika
    Revive life 10 Revives a dead team mate and recovers small HP LV 11 Life 3 MD 1 Luna, Rin, Supika
    Revive 2 life 15 Revives a dead team mate and recovers standard HP LV 20 Life 7 MD 3 Rin, Supika
    Fire fire 2 Low damage to one enemy LV 3 ALL 14
    Fire 2 fire, magic atk 6 Medium damage to one enemy LV 7 Fire 1 ALL 23
    Fire 3 fire, magic atk 12 High damage to one enemy LV 16 Fire 4 ALL 36
    Flame Bomb fire 6 Low damage to ALL enemies LV 10 Fire 2 ALL 16
    Flare Bomb fire, magic atk 13 Medium damage to ALL enemies LV 20 Fire 5 ALL 24
    Ice ice 2 Low damage to one enemy LV 4 ALL 14
    Ice 2 ice, magic atk 6 Medium damage to one enemy LV 8 Ice 1 ALL 23
    Ice 3 ice, magic atk 12 High damage to one enemy LV 15 Ice 4 ALL 36
    Snow Storm ice 6 Low damage to ALL enemies LV 12 Ice 2 ALL 16
    Snow Storm 2 ice, magic atk 13 Medium damage to ALL enemies LV 18 Ice 5 ALL 24
    Spark electric 6 Low damage to one enemy LV 5 Shota, Rin, Supika 14
    Spark 2 electric, magic atk 6 Medium damage to one enemy LV 9 Elect 1 Shota, Rin, Supika 23
    Spark 3 electric, magic atk 12 High damage to one enemy LV 15 Elect 4 Shota, Rin, Supika 36
    Thunder Volt electric 6 Low damage to ALL enemies LV 12 Elect 2 Shota, Rin, Supika 16
    Thunder Volt 2 electric, magic atk 13 Medium damage to ALL enemies LV 20 Elect 5 Shota, Rin, Supika 24
    Aero Shot wind 5 Medium damage to one enemy LV 9 ALL 19
    Aero Typhoon wind 10 Low damage to ALL enemies LV 11 Wind 2 ALL 19
    Heat Weapon fire 4 Increase ATK of target LV 7 Fire 2 Shota, Rin, Supika
    Heat Weapon 2 fire 8 Increases ATK of target Shota, Rin, Supika
    Ice Barrier ice 3 Increases defense of target LV 7 Ice 2 ALL
    Aero Wind wind 3 Increases agility of target LV 8 Wind 2 ALL
    Magic Weapon magic atk 4 Increases magic atk of target LV 9 Mag ATK 1 Shota, Supika
    Magic Weapon 2 magic atk 8 Increase magic atk of target Shota, Supika
    Magic Barrier magic pro 3 Increases magic defense of target LV 9 Mag Pro 1 ALL
    Ice Wall ice, magic pro 8 Increases defense of ALL LV 14 Ice 3 Mag Pro 2 ALL
    Ice Wall 2 ice, magic pro 16 Increases defense of ALL ALL
    Magic Wall magic pro 8 Increases magic defense of ALL LV 14 Mag Pro 2 ALL
    Magic Wall 2 magic pro 16 Increases magic defense of ALL ALL
    Aero Rain wind 8 Increases agility of ALL LV 17 Wind 3 Life 3 ALL
    Aero Rain 2 wind 16 Increase agility of ALL
    Poison poison 4 Low damge and poison to one enemy LV 6 Shota, Supika 9
    Poison Cloud poison 9 Low damage and poison to ALL LV 13 Poison 2 Shota Supika 12
    Lightning magic atk 12 Medium damage to ALL LV13 Mag ATK 2 Shota,Luna, Supika 20
    Lightning 2 magic atk 22 High damage to ALL LV 23 Mag ATK 5 Shota, Luna, Supika 34
    Lightning Nova magic atk 28 High damage to one enemy LV 22 Mag ATK 7 Supika 75
    Ice Inferno fire, ice 25 High damage to ALL LV 25 Fire 5 Ice 5 Shota, Supika 37
    Thunder Flare fire, electric 28 High damage to ALL LV 25 Fire 5 Elec 5 Shota, Supika 50
    Venom Flame fire, poison 20 High damage and poison to ALL LV 23 Fire 5 Poison 3 Shota, Supika 30
    Ice Laser ice, magic atk 30 High damage and decreases defense for one enemy LV 25 Ice 6 Mag ATK 6 Supika 58
    Refresh Cure life 6 Recovers hit points and bad status of one ally LV 11 Life 4 Luna, Supika
    Freeze Aero ice, wind 26 High damage to ALL LV 25 Ice 5 Wind 4 Supika 42

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

I don’t really think that they’re different games aside from being an re-release of the game (well, I tried it but saw exactly same thing as in EN version.. except different graphics). I didn’t play EN much because I got bored (I could go back) but I see that leveling up skills is tough.. FF II had that too and although I like the game I didn’t want to farm magic to max level aside from the ones that can be maxed easily like Cure.

Did you beat DotQuest RE?

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Yes, I completed the game.  Just grinding.  Now, there is a small trick that works quite well for grinding the health stuff.  A variant, not as good, works for the weapon skills, too.  Go just outside the first castle (elm castle) where the monsters are so weak they can’t really hurt you.  (That is once you have some strength).  Just set up the auto battle by having EVERYBODY do the cheapest healing they have (either the 2 or 3 point magic healing stuff), press auto, and walkaway.  When somebody runs out of MP, they will start attacking the monsters and easily defeat them.  You can rather quickly get almost all the healing magic you need this way.  For weapon skills, have 3 of the party do the cheap non-attacking MP stuff, and have the remaining character do the weapon skill you want to raise.  That still takes a long time.  In fact, the entire game is just a massive repetitive grind, which is required if you want to beat the final boss.  There is one powerful heal all spell you need (for 2 characters), and at least 3 of your characters should have the top of the line attacking skill (not magic).  Along the way you should get enough money to buy consumables, but the need along the way for good equipment really requires a lot of money.

I don’t think the game is worth the time at all.

Older, but not wiser

2 users thanked author for this post.
    LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I fully agree. When I saw that just 1 battle just increased my skill levels by roughly 10%, i knew that I was better off uninstalling the game. I like grinding but not insanely excessive grinds.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Mastertrek

I remember that I was actually at the very beginning of the game (only went to other town,  didn’t go down the bridge) after which I grinded and forgot about it. That game has very bad system (if there were items that would speed up gaining skill levels then maybe it would be somehow worth playing but I’m sure there is no such thing. So I also agree.

Welcome 😇

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 758 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,732 Replies: 11,347