Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Dragon Lapis Pharmacist Job Can’t Use Skills

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 2 months ago.

Loz_Fan_Man
    Participant

This is my first playthrough on Dragon Lapis, and a little while after unlocking the Pharmacist Job for Melvin, I changed it to better help my playstyle. After buying 11 formula, I decided to test the class out. Only to find I cannot use any of the skills that profess they require 1 formula and 1 (insert powder here). Upon clicking the use skill button, it says, “[Chemist], [Alchemist] is a usable skills.” What? The message makes no sense at all, is written in very poor English, and tells me nothing as to why I can’t use the skill. Any ideas or hidden requirements that I don’t know about from you all?

Thanks in advance

Hero's arise from among us

1oldtymer
    Participant

I have Elodie as an Alchemist, and she has 40 skills (I have 2 empty spots in the last block of 6 holders for skills).

I just tested one of her non-battle skills, and it works just fine.  The skills, if I recall correctly, are activated depending on the job rank (I have her alchemist job as rank 5, the max).

I seem to remember that a character can only use one or two skills from prior jobs, depending on job rank (of the prior class?).  So things seem to work for me.

Older, but not wiser

Loz_Fan_Man
    Participant

Yeah, i have no idea what kind of weird crap is going on. If you look at the screenshot I attached, you’ll see the message it was giving me. It fixed itself after a reinstall though…

Hero's arise from among us

1oldtymer
    Participant

Glad you got it fixed.  Reminds me of the old joke:

A mechanical engineer, an electrical engineer, and a software engineer are riding in a car. The car suddenly loses power and stops. The mechanical engineer looks under the hood,tests some cables, but the car won’t start. The electrical engineer replaces all the spark plugs, tightens the distributor cap, but the car still won’t start.  The software engineer says, “Let’s all get out and then jump back in.” They all jump out, then climb back in, and sure enough, the car starts.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  1oldtymer.
    Mastertrek

Umm.. What does that all mean? I’ve never seen anything like Formula when I played Dragon Lapis.. Is that a new thing?

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

No, you probably just forgot.  Some skills require the use of “item” consumables as well as either MP or EP.  I put a screen shot below that shows some job Alchemist skills.  You can see that “Fireball” requires the items Formula  (of which you have 82 in your inventory)  and Flame Powder (you have 45 of it)  to use.  The word “Formula” probably threw you off: it isn’t an algorithm, just another item that happens to be named “Formula.”

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  1oldtymer.
    Mastertrek

Oh.. I never used Alchemist Job (in fact, outside of Angel/Deity Jobs I wanted to make topics about I never did any Job Change) so I never saw that.. I remember having a lot of stuff usable by Alchemists I got from farming when I had the game.

Welcome 😇

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 577 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,488 Replies: 9,844