Forums JRPGs Dragon’s Blade This game is amazing!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Old Grinder 2 weeks ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

So I started this playing just like two days ago, and I can hardly put it down. It’s a JRPG with turn-based battles and it feels just like the old NES-style games.

You can create up to 7 characters (which is convenient, seeing as there are 7 classes), and you can have 4 characters in your party at a time. To swap out characters you just have to visit an Inn. (You also have to visit an Inn to save the game, and if you close the game in the middle of a dungeon, it won’t Auto Save, so this is not a game to play in short bursts…)

The writing is really well done, although I’ve only made it to the second city so I’m really not sure where the story is going? Anyway, the dialog is great, and all the menu options are pretty awesome as well (status, equipment screens, etc.)

What I like best so far is that in the first town, there’s what they call an “instanced” dungeon – a dungeon that’s completely random based on your current level. Tons of random encounters and one boss (and the boss usually kills at least one of my party members, but they can be revived at the Inn.) There’s also some treasure, and often times the random encounter enemies will drop a treasure at the end of battle. I’ve spent more time grinding in the instanced dungeon than I have actually following the story, and I love it!

Anyway, a few basic screenshots:

Dungeon View
    Screenshot_2017-09-13-12-03-39

Battle Screen
    Battle Screen

Status Screen
    Spell Books

Equipment / Inventory Screen
    Screenshot_2017-09-13-12-05-13

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Rpgfanjames
    Participant

Do you know when this game comes out on iOS? I really like the mechanics and features of this game and wishes it had an iPhone or iPad release!

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I don’t know, and to be honest, the game starts out really great but I gave up about halfway through because there was just too much grinding… But I’ll keep an eye out, and if I ever notice it’s on iOS, I’ll post it here.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Old Grinder
    Participant

I’ve almost completed exploring the Spinebreak Caverns. I don’t mind the grinding so much but I found the Bosses in the Dungeon at Larkwood and the Arena at Breckerton to be always more powerful than my party at any level. So far, they have been generally unbeatable. I’m on break from the Spinebreak Cavern at this moment, exploring one of the hidden locations to grind up to Level 42 so I can use “Tome: Cascading Mana 2” before going back in.

I found that after grinding, exploring, mapping, by the time I get to the next town, I’ve already got better arms and spells from chests I found and monster drops than the ones for sale in the shops.

Two things I discovered that I didn’t see mentioned anywhere:

When you walk into Breckerton, go to the Main Menu and reload the autosave. Now you can walk around town to any bookshelf or cabinet that originally contained gold and the gold will be restored. You can pick up about 500 gold this way. I haven’t tried this anywhere else and it only works with gold not items.

Certain Body Armor gives unlimited uses of a spell to the wearer. But you don’t have to equip the armor as long as it’s the correct armor for your PM class and it’s in your inventory. For example, I have a Cleric and a Sorcerer either of whom could equip the Phantasm’s Robe which is in my inventory but not equipped. Each of them is equipped with a better body armor. I just click on the Chest Icon to bring up the inventory, click on the Sorcerer at the top, click the icon for the Phantasm’s Robe and finally click the Use button. Repeat for the Cleric and both will now have the Spirit of the Phantasm effects WHICH WILL BE RENEWED AUTOMATICALLY if you are using AutoBuffs.

I don’t know if these are bugs or features, but there they are, may as well use them.

Grinding?  Yeah, that’s what I do.  Also mapping, but the “Old Mapper” doesn’t quite have the same ring to it.

sigfried
    Participant

i kind of remember similar bug in other town but it needs to be a town with lots of money. it helps at the beginning of the game. later on, it’s better to chase the secret zone on the world map. they are very complex but at least you obtain chest with great items in it. better than buy it.

the grinding here is too much and i was at the point where it’s impossible to go further without surpassing the level of enemies by having something like level 40 but even like that, a surprise party can wipe you easily. this game is badly balanced and the author doesn’t care at all because the whole community exists and for windows phone it seems to be a must. i way prefer kemco’s because they are more enjoyable but making grinding the only aspect of a game is lame.

i wrote to the author and it didn’t bother answering. really, it was promising up to level 25 and then…

Android is unique

Old Grinder
    Participant

I think “badly balanced” says it all.  Let “badly balanced” be the the epitaph when this game packs it in.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,311 Forums: 164 Topics: 1,115 Replies: 7,513