Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dragon’s Blade Slots Question.

This topic contains 316 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 6 hours ago.

Mastertrek

This game has terrible items to revive. After a big struggle at Cave (used every Revive Scrool I had and almost every single Mana Potion I got into Thundraka (barely reached it) and I saw that cheap Resurrect garbage still lying in store. Terrible RNG. But at least I’ve got full stack of upgraded MP Potions (4000 MP heal). I’ve got enough for today.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

That does sound like some poor game design.  I have my own gripes about some of the choices.  I don’t think it makes sense to have a very important item, Wave of Paralysis III, hidden away in only one location, and of course the player would not even know about it without some outside help.  I gave up on trying to get it after 8 hours in the hidden area.  During the last 2 hours I got a total of 1 seed and nothing else useful.

I’m now at Solace and have completed the first (easy) and second (harder)  hidden areas.  The caves as you describe them seem just about impossible.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: added 2nd hidden area
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

As much as I love the game, the lack of buying Scrools is bad. And giving some useless stuff late game is also an unwise choice.

Caves are not impossible but before you go into any of them you need to get to level 70-72 and you must check every Hidden Area as enemies deal a lot of damage at that point.

At level 72 search all 4 caves without fighting the bosses so you will have good equipment. Then you should be able to survive at the Caves (I didn’t have to use MP Potions as Nexus of Mana III was enough to keep full MP at all times). Then fight the Boss at Bottom Right Cave as this should be the easiest one and gives you good Staff for even better MP regen. I killed the Boss at Top left afterwards. Then I tried and got to the Hidden Merchant (after difficult Boss fights) and got Ragefire Weapons (I still use them although there’s better equipment in Thundraka but costs 21 Red Gems..) which immediately make your party strong enough to deal with any enemy in the area).

This game is difficult.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

I’m glad that the experience required to level up is almost exactly the same as it was at level 71+ although monsters take up to 5 turns to kill and they deal a lot of damage. I have to keep Regeneration even outside of battles because otherwise if monsters cast fire on party, Cleric and Sorcerer might die next turn (and they do die more than anywhere else).

Level 84 reached (The “Inn Team” is at level 30+ for some reason). Backtracked through nightmare cave to get the treasure I had to leave the first time, it still wasn’t any easier than before. I see there’s less Spell and equipment drops sadly.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I have to keep Regeneration even outside of battles because otherwise if monsters cast fire on party, Cleric and Sorcerer might die next turn (and they do die more than anywhere else).

I had my first taste of that fire with the same results.  I’m not happy to hear that meaningful drops are becoming less frequent.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’m currently grinding outside Solace before I do any more hidden areas.  It is quite an interesting landscape: I pass by huge mounds of rotting monster corpses, with small signs that read “Mastertrek was here.”

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Fun (sort of) Fact: I’ve played this game for over 110 hours according to one app that keeps track of app uses. I decided to take a little break from the game.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I know what you mean.  I have made sure NOT to keep track of my time in the game–I don’t want to be too depressed.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’ve finished 5 of the hidden areas around Solace.  Now at level 70, I face that insane jump in EXP required to get to 71.  I haven’t found much of use in the hidden areas so far.  For the moment I am keeping the high level Juggernaut equipment, even though he is not in my playing party but resting at at Inn.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: went from 4 to 5 hidden areas completed
    Mastertrek

You’re really close to where I am xd I didn’t play since yesterday..

Welcome 😇

Viewing 10 posts - 141 through 150 (of 317 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 579 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,492 Replies: 9,956