Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dragon’s Blade Slots Question.

This topic contains 316 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 4 hours ago.

Mastertrek

So.. I’ve played for 1h 30 minutes (technically I played today so every day I spend some time..) and for unknown reason I couldn’t find a single fight for around 20 minutes.. I spent that time searching for hidden areas (I don’t check Walkthrough at all as I’m grinding anyway so looking for hidden areas is not an issue), got new stuff with which enemies are significantly easier to beat then searched some more caves but once I got full inventory I teleported back to town and saved.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

I just checked how much damage on average the Thief does and after calculating his damage at the level Juggernaut has, he will do 5-25% less damage on average than Juggernaut.

Comparison of stats (different levels as I never trained Thief in field).

Juggernaut has great strength and average Vitality, Low Speed but higher than Cleric / Sorcerer who don’t need Speed.

20191010_094118

Thief has great speed, meaning he can deal a lot more hits than Juggernaut but his strength is lower. Similar amount of Vitality.
    20191010_094125

Welcome 😇

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Thanks for such a thorough test!  That’s quite a setup you managed to do the comparison.  Your findings support my intuition that Juggernaut can hit much harder and is better against a boss.  But Thief speed against a mob, when the monsters are already damaged, means the party can get through the battle with fewer turns.  At least that is my impression.  For me that is important, because I don’t have Wave of Paralysis III (only II), so my monsters wake up quickly.  Consequently, I need to kill them quickly.  I wish I had started the game party with a Juggernaut, but after I learned from you his value, it was really too late to switch.  I don’t recall right now, but I think I have a Juggernaut on my backup party at around level 40, but with the best equipment I find along the way.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Don’t worry, if you find Thief to be dealing great damage, it’s OK 🙂 But the monsters I’m fighting have 120k-200k health so even my Juggernaut can’t kill them easily. It takes all three damage dealers and Wave of Paralysis III to take out group of 5 in 3-4 turns. So use Seeds of Strength on Thief.

I searched several new hidden areas and it seems a small portion of the map has no monsters whatsoever, like the coding went bad there. Died one time due to bad fight start.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Yes, I just finished the last hidden area in Solace, after restarting when my party also had a bad start.  My Juggernaut is only at level 46, but at least he has the Pyrellium Mail now.

If I remember your prior posts correctly, it appears I should grind some in the tougher hidden areas before attempting the caves.  I’m still at level 70, and need to get to 72 to use the Mana III tome.  Whew…it is a long way to 72!!

I wondered about your prior post (20 minutes and no monster!!!), so I’m glad you explored some more to figure it out and confirm the dead spot.

My time on the game is up for now…morning just starting here.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Yes, at level 72 you should be able to beat at least two bosses but prepare for challenging fights. I can probably beat these bosses with little effort because of equipment.

I just found a Cave (all hidden areas I found are checked.) Monsters there have more hp so I guess I’m there at the wrong time. However, I found the map of the Cave so next time it’ll be easier to search the cave. 

I also have to do some stuff at home before I’ll play again.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

All hidden areas, Cave and the Tower explored fully (at least I hope so. There’s one locked door I’ll need to get unknown key for). Level 87 reached, found exactly the poison spell I wanted at III stage just before reaching level 87 at Larkwood Mines.

Found the Boss Room and I am sure I’ll need at least level 93 (I’ll be able to use another Poison spell along all others I found) as I feel that the Boss might have 8-10M HP. I’ll check out what will happen to Severok. 

You must get exactly 28 Copper Keys immediately after reaching Cratos as I used 7 Upgraded Keys up to the Boss Area. Remember that. 

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Also, I found an odd glitch that spans throughout several areas. At top Left Corner of map I see inaccessible person. How he got there is unknown.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I have a question about poison, or actually about all spells.  I think I know the answer, but thought I’c check with you.

If a monster is already experiencing a debuff/effect of type X (for example poison), any attempt to hit it again with another spell of type X (might be a different poison, or the same one) will fail or just replace the existing effect.  You can’t have 2 poison spells active at the same time on the same monster.

I think the same goes for buffs on your party members.  If a character already has a speed buff, for example, hitting the character with another speed buff will either fail or merely replace the existing buff.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Different spells Poison is treated as different Poison, but casting the same spell twice will result in no effect unless that spell has run out. Paralysis and Slumber can be applied separately although Slumber is weak as most of the time you will hit every enemy which wakes them up. So, example : One Poison Spell affects all targets. The other poison spell targets one enemy only. Both of these Poisons stack on the enemy because they’re different. I’ll test an idea later.

About Buffs: The game will not allow you to have two of the Same kind of spell at once (The stronger type of buff overrides the weaker effect.) However, Equipment Buff is treated as separate buff and each class has a few equipment that buffs one Stat for some turns. Example : Warrior has some weapons that have special that increases his Vitality with Chance at every attack as well as Armor that does similar effect while it has to be used to work. Juggernaut has the same except they’re giving him Strength Buff. Thief has Speed Buffing weapons or armor. 

I never saw any other type of equipment that has special.

Also, if you cast a weaker type of specific X Buff (Strength, Speed etc)  on the character that has strong X Buff applied you will see a message like “The character has stronger Buff already”.

Note:You can successfully cast Paralysis or Slumber on Bosses. I found out about it during Severok fight but it has way lower chance to work on them.

Welcome 😇

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  Mastertrek. Reason: Misleading info was removed
Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 317 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 579 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,492 Replies: 9,956