Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dragon’s Blade Slots Question.

This topic contains 316 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 5 hours ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Different spells Poison is treated as different Poison, but casting the same spell twice will result in renewing previously cast Poison. So, example : One Poison Spell affects all targets. The other poison spell targets one enemy only. Both of these Poisons stack on the enemy because they’re different. I’ll test an idea later.

I’m not sure that happens, or if it does, in what way.  I don’t think you get an additive impact.  For example: spell 1 is all enemies, and does 10 damage per turn for 4 turns.  (I’m ignoring for now the initial damage.)  Spell 2 is one enemy only, and does 8 damage per turn for 4 turns.  Does the monster now suffer 10+8=18 damage per turn?  I don’t think so.  How number of turns work would also be a question.

If multiple poisons can be active at the same time on a single monster, wow, that would be powerful.  But I suspect not.  (I haven’t explicitly tested it, but I did try something like that once and I don’t think it worked.)

If I get up early enough Friday I should get 3 of my party (not the Thief–he is at level 70) up to level 72.  I’m using Larkwood Mines and I like it because I see the same monster parts until I level, so it goes faster than just hitting random monsters.  I use your advice: if I don’t have the map, I don’t bother exploring.  The few times I have looked for treasures, I didn’t get anything worth the trouble.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

It works EXACTLY like you said. Poison Damage and Strength Debuff stack on any monster, even Bosses.

I just killed the Boss at Larkwood Mines. At level 81-90 he has approximately 2.2m health and he couldn’t scratch anyone.

I got useful stuff in Chests, now average 2 of 4 Chests contain good stuff (at least for me). Also, I can easily kill enemies now 🙂

Welcome 😇

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

I’ll try to showcase it in screenshot tomorrow.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

Well, I’ll try it.  I have my sorcerer with both an ALL and a SINGLE poison, so if I understand what you are saying, I should be able to have them add together damage each turn when their turns overlap.  Do you see two poison icons on the monster when this happens (each with a turn indicator)?

That’s interesting about the chests in Lockwood.  I guess you are at such a high level, the chests have to have better treasures if the dungeon is to stay relevant.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Yes, both Poisons will show the timer.

Also, contents of the treasure Chests and from the Boss depend on what level you are.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

I’m almost at level 89.

Died once at Mines because of ambush but because I had several good things I accepted half gold loss. Standing at poor 13m.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’m almost at level 89.

Died once at Mines because of ambush but because I had several good things I accepted half gold loss. Standing at poor 13m.

That’s discouraging….as strong as you are, an ambush can still overpower the party.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

I just made it to level 72.  I’m going to do a little more Larkwood to see if I can get some more equipment to sell for gems, and then I guess I’ll  march to my first cave.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

I think I need something like the Hubble Telescope to see your (formerly) 26m gold from my lowly 1m gold–you are far, far away 🙂

I did see the two poison icons!  I think I had seen that once before in a boss fight, but I wasn’t sure about it.  Now I see how it works.  THanks–I’ll for sure use that on a boss.  I did get a good III poison spell (for my level), but 454 or so SP means I reserve it for emergencies and bosses.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Don’t worry about it 🙂 I accepted the fact gold is not important for me outside of buying mana Potions.

Following the death I tried to beat the Boss, Zeffron. It was easier than monsters, I think it’s just a Miniboss because there was small bar above his head. 2.2m + Two supporting monsters, each with 1m HP. Now I see no difference between monsters and bosses. Both can kill the party, Both are easy. The only difference is HP. 

After the MiniBoss fight, I found and explored several new hidden areas, got good stuff, found a Cave, grinded the map of the Area, The party got to Level 90.. A lot of stuff happens 🙂 I’ll have to teleport out soon due to backpack almost full. 

Welcome 😇

Viewing 10 posts - 161 through 170 (of 317 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 579 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,492 Replies: 9,956