Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dragon’s Blade Slots Question.

This topic contains 368 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 16 hours ago.

Mastertrek

I’m slowly getting  a little stronger, and have just made it to level 93.  But when I looked at your stats when at 98, almost everybody in your party  has double my party vitality.  I can see from your posted snapshots that some of your equipment is a grade up, but how do you get it?  I’ve looted all the treasures, as far as I know, and except for the “furious” monster and the treasures in the Mines, I’m not aware that any upgraded equipment is available except as a very rare drop from the highest level monsters.

I did a little study of 421 battles at level 92 in the Mines, and the “furious” monster shows up about 1.5% of the time.  Of course not every drop from it is equipment.  “Rare” equipment drops in the same set of battles was a little less than 1%, and not the best items (the monsters in lev 92 mines must be lesser level than those in the Depths of the Ancients).

Is my assumption correct that most of the difference in vitality between my party and yours comes from equipment?  What is the best plan for getting better equipment?  At less than 1% drop, and of course no guarantee that the drop would be superior equipment, that seems like a long, long path. [In the Mines I can do about 100 battles per hour at lev 92.]

At level 97 you can cast a Shield spell III (Cleric) which makes the Vitality difference. 1300+ Vitality spell. However, Dragonreach will make Vitality go much higher thanks to equipment but at the same time enemies will hit like a Truck.

Welcome 😇

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

At level 97 you can cast a Shield spell III (Cleric) which makes the Vitality difference. 1300+ Vitality spell. However, Dragonreach will make Vitality go much higher thanks to equipment but at the same time enemies will hit like a Truck.

Ah, that’s encouraging.  I don’t have the III one yet, but I do have the Bastion of  Ancients II for lev 97.  I’m currently at lev 94, so by the time I get to 97 I should have picked up the III.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

I defeated Virulen in a rather easy battle, thanks to your tips.  I was as level 98 (Juggernaut at lev 92).  I did not have the good defense level III tome, but I did have a few scrolls that were quite useful.  Only Sorcerer died along the way (3 times!!), but nobody else was ever in danger.

Question @mastertrek: if I wish to continue, who should equip the dragon blade?  Warrior doesn’t attack for me (he defends and feeds potions or scrolls), so it seems like Juggernaut is the best choice?  What do you think?  Can the blade be unequipped and then have somebody else equip it?

Older, but not wiser

Nemomon
    Participant

Warrior doesn’t attack for me (he defends and feeds potions or scrolls),

Don’t You think Your warrior cries somewhere in a dark corner and thinks about committing suicide?

1oldtymer
    Participant

Another question: is there any reason to re-fight the bosses in Solace?  Are there good rewards?

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

Answering part of my question: it appears that the blade can be equipped and unequipped, and that anybody can equip it.  The text is interesting: “After equipping this, the bearer of this blade will be transformed into a dragon when threatened, greatly amplifying their melee damage, spell power, and defenses.  This transformation will only take place in battle.”  Since Sorcerer is the only real attacking spell caster, perhaps Sorcerer should wield the blade?  Melee damage against the tough monsters doesn’t amount to much, but an enhanced Sorcerer, with improved defense, seems like the best option.  What do you think, @mastertrek?

I re-fought the bosses in Solace, but didn’t get anything, and didn’t see any change in story, etc.  So I still wonder if there is any need or reason to do these battles again?

It seems like the next step is to teleport to Dragonreach and from there travel anywhere the story allows.  I did try one portal, which took me to a tower, but the game crashes when I enter the tower.  I recall @mastertrek had the same problem.  So I guess I find somewhere else to go in Dragonreach?

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  1oldtymer.
    Mastertrek

I defeated Virulen in a rather easy battle, thanks to your tips.  I was as level 98 (Juggernaut at lev 92).  I did not have the good defense level III tome, but I did have a few scrolls that were quite useful.  Only Sorcerer died along the way (3 times!!), but nobody else was ever in danger.

Question @mastertrek: if I wish to continue, who should equip the dragon blade?  Warrior doesn’t attack for me (he defends and feeds potions or scrolls), so it seems like Juggernaut is the best choice?  What do you think?  Can the blade be unequipped and then have somebody else equip it?

Sorcerer is the best option unless you aren’t using him to fight, which I really doubt 🙂

There’s no such thing as “Locked Equipment” that is unequippable so if you want you could add it to Cleric, who gains Nothing from it. Xd

Welcome 😇

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Beware, though as you will get your Cleric dead a lot..

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I did indeed equip Sorcerer with the Blade.  Yes, Cleric is an easy target, for sure.  I’m going through the  Dream of the Wisp (Cave) now.  My inventory is piling up with items used for forging (I assume) that I doubt I will ever use, but since I don’t usually know what they can become, it is tough to decide to drop anything.  And given the scarcity of the materials needed to forge, there is no way I would ever be able to use more than a few of these raw equipment materials.  What a pain.  I’d sure like to have some stuff I can use or exchange for Gems be the drops rather than duplicates of these unforged items.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’m getting nowhere (except being dumped into coffins) battling the Dream of the Wisp.  I’m at level 99, and only Juggernaut has a Dreamforge piece of equipment (armor).  I’m not sure how to proceed, but I’m guessing I need to grind in the dungeon to get more materials for the Forge so I can upgrade equipment.

I’n not sure I remember how the Forge works, but I recall something like for some equipment 4 essences, 2 energy sources, and 1 unforged piece of equipment is needed.  Some other equipment was perhaps 2 essences, 2 energy, 1 equipment?

The land outside the cave has easier monsters, but I’m not sure they have the necessary drops.  Do you have advice how to toughen up my party before attempting the monster again?

Older, but not wiser

Viewing 10 posts - 341 through 350 (of 369 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 590 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,499 Replies: 10,037