Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dragon’s Blade Slots Question.

This topic contains 378 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 1 week ago.

Mastertrek

Hey, @mastertrek, I think you beat the boss in the Delusion of the West.  I don’t see a way to defeat it without using a pile of life in a bottle or flood of life.  I’m at lev 110, with decent equipment, and I can definitely do some damage (Prismatic Nether, Prismatic Nether II, Grip of Death, Cosmic Bolt III, Torment of Spjon III), but the monster kills 2 at a time, so unless I heal both in same turn, my party quickly gets defeated.  As the monster hits with 99999, buffing defense isn’t of any use.

Any advice?

BTW, I did some record keeping for drops of the higher essences, and I get about 1 every 450 battles.  That works out to somewhere between .25%–.50% (once or twice every 400 battles).  I don’t see any reason to continue trying to get those essences at that rate.

If I was able to beat it I’d definitely add a screenshot but I didn’t try him much because Essences are a Terrible RNG things.. And then I didn’t have much time to play and later I stopped playing. I might get back there but not now..

Welcome 😇

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Yep, I’m ready to give up.  Endless grinding for the random item, which may not even help much, is a waste of time.  No thinking required.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

This is just a note to any future players about the cap on levels.  It is 110.  Now, the screens may look a little funny and mislead you.  For example, my Sorcerer, at lv 110, needs 363696 EXP to reach the “next” level.  Well, the screen reads Sorcerer has 363695 EXP, so only needs 1 more EXP to move up.  Next battle,  the battle result text shows Sorcerer gets 1050 EXP.  But what does Sorcerer profile screen show: still 363695/363696.  Most games show something like “—-” or “***” for experience needed when a level cap is reached, but not this game.  Don’t get confused–the cap is 110.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

Victory!  We defeated Zu the Stormcaller.  The party used many scrolls,  5 Bottles of Life, and 4 other resurrect scrolls. Sorcerer repeatedly threw Coreburst II, Cleric used Bastion of Bazul II and Prismatic Healing, Warrior fed mana and life support, while Juggernaut served as a punching bag and occasional attacker.  The reward chests unlock the next area, and give a single Essence of the Stormcaller.

BTW, at this point I think the best party configuration, if it is allowed, is to have 2 Warriors, a Sorcerer, and a Cleric.  Warrior can take a punch, and all attacks except from Sorcerer do very little damage against the tough boss monsters.

My next step is to farm some blue gems to get more bottles of life.  I have left over essence of wisp, and I’m strong enough now that the wisp dungeon doesn’t scare me.  The drops there seem more frequent than in the Dream or Storm areas, and the battles go quicker, so I’ll spend a little time before moving to the next nasty area.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: added next step
    1oldtymer
    Participant

I have obtained all the treasures (except those blocked by the boss) in the Nightmare of the Spinebreak.  I decided to teleport back to the Forge so that I could use the 3 Essences found in the dungeon, as well as several parchments.  I will use the extra parchments to create tomes to exchange for Gems, then the Gems for seeds.  After that I will endure the long path back to the boss of the Nightmare of the Spinebreak.

The long trek to the dungeon cave is more difficult than the dungeon itself.  This is because the outer world monsters are much faster than the dungeon monsters.  A mob, even without ambush, can easily destroy you party; you are unlikely to survive an ambush.   So the trick is to increase the SPEED of the Sorcerer.  As long as the Sorcerer gets one turn to cast a powerful all enemies spell, at least one of your party will usually (but always) survive the mob.  After increasing Sorcerer speed, the dungeon monsters rarely pose a problem.

[EDIT] We made it back to the dungeon, and then all the way to meet the boss.  We barely scratched him before he easily destroyed the party.  So now I am grinding to get the necessary Essences to upgrade equipment.  I now have obtained several Ogre Essences and forged equipment.  Not quite a full set for everybody, but a lot better prepared than my last meeting with the boss.  However,  I’m not confidant that even with the equipment upgrades my party will be able to stand against the Ogre.  It appears to have 4×330 million HP.

I made a list of the treasures in the Nightmare of the Spinebreak, as well as marking them on the map, in case anybody wants this information.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: current status
    1oldtymer
    Participant

I was just about ready to give up in the Nightmare of the Spinebreak.  I hadn’t been able to do more than damage the boss by about 25%.  The Ogrish of the Spinebreak has 1.2 billion HP!  But my party wanted to give it one last attempt.  After all, they had most of their equipment, except a few helms, forged using Essence of the Ogre.  What more could we do?  So one last attack…and after a long battle, with Juggernaut dying almost every other turn, the party defeated Ogrish of the Spinebreak!  Sorcerer did about 80% of the damage, and Juggernaut the remaining 20%.  Warrior served as a punching bag, and Cleric healed everybody.  The party used 3 Life in a Bottle.

You have to get a little lucky and hope the boss rarely attacks Sorcerer and Cleric.  Warrior usually survives any blow, although he sometimes gets frozen.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: added snapshot
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Well, I was excited to get this map of Obsidia, Heart of Darkness, until I opened up what has to be the most useless dungeon map ever.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

Well, I was excited to get this map of Obsidia, Heart of Darkness, until I opened up what has to be the most useless dungeon map ever.

That’s the most useless map, ever! Good luck finding your way using it XD A “Map” should be “readable” but this one seems like the developer decided to add a random painting as a map. Unusual way to show the map.

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’m grinding in the Heart of Darkness.  The Parchments here allow you to forge III tomes; I’ve forged a few so far (heal,  the best “all” poison,  attack that steals HP, focus, and speed).  At some point I’ll make more Tomes, and also use spare stuff to make tomes I can exchange for Gems (to be used to buy multiple Life in Bottle).   My party has a complete set of Dragonspire equipment.

The task is to find all the eggs (unknown how many–I have 64 so far) and bring them to some sort of spirit who will open the path to the Monster of Monsters (there is a locked door blocking the way).  What a pain.  It is bad enough not to have a real map, but not knowing how many eggs there are and no map means endless travel in the (very large) dungeon. There are also several locked doors requiring keys (which are drops).  I have several keys but now I have to find more locked doors.

The eggs are visible, but parchments, essences, and keys are rare  drops.  The monsters hit very hard and can easily wipe out the party.  The Essence is a very rare drop.

I’m going to take a break from the punishment.  In the depths of this dungeon, where several eggs are nestled, the monsters destroy my party 35-50% of the time.  Lots of backtracking required without a map, and large areas to traverse. 

I saw something on YouTube that suggests that there are 68 eggs!!  Incredible pain.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 3 hours ago by  1oldtymer.
Viewing 9 posts - 371 through 379 (of 379 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 605 Forums: 126 Topics: 1,513 Replies: 10,111