Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dragon’s Blade Slots Question.

This topic contains 398 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 1 month ago.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Here it is, the ultimate Boss Monster of Dragon’s Blade: Bazul, Lord of the Dragons.  Feast your eyes (before Bazul feasts on my party), as few players ever get to see this beast.  It is only with the help and encouragement of @mastertrek that my poor party made it here.

Older, but not wiser

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Here it is, the ultimate Boss Monster of Dragon’s Blade: Bazul, Lord of the Dragons.  Feast your eyes (before Bazul feasts on my party), as few players ever get to see this beast.  It is only with the help and encouragement of @mastertrek that my poor party made it here.

A question: Why don’t you have all buffs on the party? 🙂 It’s the beginning of the fight so it looks like the party doesn’t want to win at all 🙂 

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

And, a very minor question: Why did you cut out Team names?

Welcome 😇

1oldtymer
    Participant

A question: Why don’t you have all buffs on the party? 🙂 It’s the beginning of the fight so it looks like the party doesn’t want to win at all 🙂 

This isn’t even the start of the fight.  I just wanted to get a snapshot of Bazul, and then I teleported out to begin my battle preparation.  Once I am ready, I will go back to Bazul and have many more buffs on (but Bazul will wipe the buffs off rather quickly, so it doesn’t matter all that much.  My plan is for Warrior to defend, Cleric to heal/buff, Sorcerer to do the damage via spells, and Juggernaut to either use items, or sometimes attack, but generally to be Bazul’s punching bag.)

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

And, a very minor question: Why did you cut out Team names?

My tablet snapshot for some unknown reason clipped off the top of the screen.

EDIT: Actually, that is the way the tablet shows it.  The names are clipped off on the screen, so the snapshot is accurate.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  1oldtymer.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

I did a few tests on Bazul.  I used Sorcerer with the Dragon accessory, and without, as well as with/without spell Focus of Bazul.  It turns out that WITH Dragon is about double the damage as without for both Coreburst III and Prismatic Nether III.  What surprised me is that the Focus of Bazul spell provided negligible benefit, probably because Sorcerer is already at the max focus benefit without any spell.  That’s good news, because it means I don’t need to replenish that spell.

With Dragon, Sorcerer hits for about 30 million with Coreburst III and about half that (15 million) for Prismatic Nether III.  The “run off” poison effect for Prismatic Nether III is about 3.5 million per turn (or maybe 12% of Coreburst III).  So keeping Sorcerer alive and using Coreburst III may be the best tactic.  Forgetting about Bazul’s 2.5 million healing move, it would take about 100 hits of Coreburst III to kill the monster.  I’m not sure if the Grip of Death spell will reduce Bazul’s strength enough to make any difference.  It certainly would not impact the monster’s stun/sleep attacks.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek

I did a few tests on Bazul.  I used Sorcerer with the Dragon accessory, and without, as well as with/without spell Focus of Bazul.  It turns out that WITH Dragon is about double the damage as without for both Coreburst III and Prismatic Nether III.  What surprised me is that the Focus of Bazul spell provided negligible benefit, probably because Sorcerer is already at the max focus benefit without any spell.  That’s good news, because it means I don’t need to replenish that spell.

With Dragon, Sorcerer hits for about 30 million with Coreburst III and about half that (15 million) for Prismatic Nether III.  The “run off” poison effect for Prismatic Nether III is about 3.5 million per turn (or maybe 12% of Coreburst III).  So keeping Sorcerer alive and using Coreburst III may be the best tactic.  Forgetting about Bazul’s 2.5 million healing move, it would take about 100 hits of Coreburst III to kill the monster.  I’m not sure if the Grip of Death spell will reduce Bazul’s strength enough to make any difference.  It certainly would not impact the monster’s stun/sleep attacks.

Any Damage reduction is a good reduction. Also, keep at least three Poisons active for best damage as even though Poison effects aren’t really high but if combined with strongest Poison spell the Boss will lose HP faster than if you keep using one spell only. And he will usually be debuffed. Good luck and congratulations 🙂 

Welcome 😇

AdJoMa
    Participant

Best place to grind for WoP III is in Breckerton Grove A to the North West of Breckerton.

Adrian the Wise

AdJoMa
    Participant

Just for comparison, I have four separate teams each with a cleric. The shortest time I have had WoP III drop is 2 hours game time, the longest 36!!

Adrian the Wise

Mastertrek

Best place to grind for WoP III is in Breckerton Grove A to the North West of Breckerton.

Yeah. I got that spell quite fast.

The Post-Game is way more insane. Grind after grind after grind. I like The game but I’d rather play Souls-like games using voice than replay the overgrind.

Welcome 😇

Viewing 10 posts - 381 through 390 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 743 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,705 Replies: 11,244