Forums Other RPGs JRPGs Dragon’s Blade Slots Question.

This topic contains 398 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 2 months ago.

GoofusInsanius
    Participant

@

1oldtymer did you make it to the end? Did you slay Bazul?
    I’m now at Nightmare of the Spinebreak, it’s been fun in Dragonreach so far 😉
    I’ve noticed that it’s easy grinding for essences at the beginning of each realm. Each time i stay close to the sphere that i emerged from, walk north and east.. sometimes i get an essence within an hour.
    Returning to the sphere (or using the Dragonblade) is also easy for in between saving.
    Tip for players who just reached Dragonreach: don’t drop the phased gear. Each realm will give their own essences, which will allow you to create new stronger gear out of phased gear.
    I really wish that i could do something with all this gold.. I must be a billionaire by now, but nothing to spend it on. Yeah, sometimes i rest in Thundraka, when i’m to lazy to heal my party. Other then that.. I’d rather donate it to Smaugh.
    Question: has anyone found hidden areas’s in the Dragonreach realms?
    I’ve combed all the forests, but so far: zilch.
    Mastertrek

There are no secret areas in Dragonreach, every place consists of part of the World Below and a dungeon you’ve been in before.

I never got any essences outside of the Dungeons, that’s why I ended up being angry at the design at the end. And the save I had for the game got lost when my previous phone broke.

Welcome 😇

GoofusInsanius
    Participant

Thanks, it’s good to know that there’s no need of searching every bush in the -Dragonreach realms.

The nightmare of Spinebreak is pretty touch so far. The first two days i got lucky and received two essences. It’s been a week without any. It seems that the drop rate get’s lower with each realm. I’m trying to make my way to the cave, which isn’t easy. Ambush = dead party.

I’ve converted my old crude parchments with some scrolls and sold them for drugs.. err, 5 blue gems. I guess that’s a slow way of seeding the party. I’m now at level 109, only one level to go until the cap.

1oldtymer
    Participant

No, @goofusinsanius, I gave up trying to defeat Bazul.  Below are some notes I made about what I learned from some failures.

I did a few tests on Bazul.  I used Sorcerer with the Dragon accessory, and without, as well as with/without spell Focus of Bazul.  It turns out that WITH Dragon is about double the damage as without for both Coreburst III and Prismatic Nether III.  What surprised me is that the Focus of Bazul spell provided negligible benefit, probably because Sorcerer is already at the max focus benefit without any spell.  That’s good news, because it means I don’t need to replenish that spell.

With Dragon, Sorcerer hits for about 30 million with Coreburst III and about half that (15 million) for Prismatic Nether III.  The “run off” poison effect for Prismatic Nether III is about 3.5 million per turn (or maybe 12% of Coreburst III).  So keeping Sorcerer alive and using Coreburst III may be the best tactic.  Forgetting about Bazul’s 2.5 million healing move, it would take about 100 hits of Coreburst III to kill the monster.

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

No, @goofusinsanius, I gave up trying to defeat Bazul.  Below are some notes I made about what I learned from some failures.

I did a few tests on Bazul.  I used Sorcerer with the Dragon accessory, and without, as well as with/without spell Focus of Bazul.  It turns out that WITH Dragon is about double the damage as without for both Coreburst III and Prismatic Nether III.  What surprised me is that the Focus of Bazul spell provided negligible benefit, probably because Sorcerer is already at the max focus benefit without any spell.  That’s good news, because it means I don’t need to replenish that spell.

With Dragon, Sorcerer hits for about 30 million with Coreburst III and about half that (15 million) for Prismatic Nether III.  The “run off” poison effect for Prismatic Nether III is about 3.5 million per turn (or maybe 12% of Coreburst III).  So keeping Sorcerer alive and using Coreburst III may be the best tactic.  Forgetting about Bazul’s 2.5 million healing move, it would take about 100 hits of Coreburst III to kill the monster.

Dragon’s Blade doubles the damage from all sources made by acharacter equipped with it.

I think the game was designed to give seeds to the entire team for 50h to beat the final Boss. With the Thieves gone it is completely impossible to get a good Gem Income per hour of grind.

Welcome 😇

2 users thanked author for this post.
    GoofusInsanius
    Participant

Thanks for your replies, though they are not very encouraging 😉

Today i got another ogre essence, yay.
    I’ll keep at it for a bit longer, but i can understand why you wont go on.. the fun is wearing off.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Thanks for your replies, though they are not very encouraging 😉

Today i got another ogre essence, yay.
    I’ll keep at it for a bit longer, but i can understand why you wont go on.. the fun is wearing off.

I know the feeling.  I’ve included a screen shot of Bazul.  I felt ok about giving up, as at least I made it to final battle.

Older, but not wiser

GoofusInsanius
    Participant

Today i cleaned out the Nightmare of Spinebreak -cave. Got a bonus essence while at it 🙂
    I’m almost completely Prismatic -clad, save for 2 hats.
    The mobs outside of the cave are way more powerful… Spinedrake’s can hit pretty hard. I can now almost withstand an ambush. I’m using the auto-save feature to make my way to the cave, so i don’t have to start over again and again and again. I just put down my phone for ~20mins and walk on some more. I can make it to the cave in 3 of those sessions.

Made it to level 110, XP is now as useless as gold.

Now i am preparing for the boss battle, converting all my leftover Bright Parchments to 5 blue gems. A pretty poor exchange rate; regular tomes can be sold for around ~30. I’ve got a steady supply of Primal Draconic Material. After my last change of clothes in the next realm, i’ll make garments to sell for gems. I might revisit the Thundraka area, in search for loot to sell. Running into mobs will be like swatting flies; they’ll kill themselves running into my shields.
    Maybe even complete my Ghost Essence weapon, or Ytrium armor.. i need only one item of each to complete them. Not to use them, but to see what it is and to sell them for gems.

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’m using the auto-save feature to make my way to the cave, so i don’t have to start over again and again and again. I just put down my phone for ~20mins and walk on some more.

Yes, auto-save is your best friend the rest of the way.

Older, but not wiser

Viewing 9 posts - 391 through 399 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 759 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,733 Replies: 11,351