This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Azyleo 4 years ago.

Azyleo

Note: This Game Was Released in 2011 by Kemco, Roughly The Same Time They Released Symphony of the Origin. While one is a masterpiece, the other one is not. So This can be also taken as a comparative analysis between the two games.

Overview:

End of Aspiration was released in 2011 by Kemco and World Wide Software. While I hate Being Blunt and all. But This game is not worth your time and money. Period. While If someone wants to buy this game, by all means do, however I Implore them to not. This game seriously looks like that Kemco and WorldWideSoftware were looking to the test the waters for some unknown reasons.

This Game seriously had a really good plot initiation, but the clichéd plot, ruined the game for me. All Characters looked more like plastic dolls, and none of them had any expression of life in them. It had a really good concept of Atomigems, Accelerators and the lost civilization, but they felt more like a plot device carried forward by the emotionless characters.

In Short: The Game Has Really Good Concepts but bad realization of these concepts.

Plot:

The Plot Also was bad, really bad. It was everywhere. Nothing almost all of the times wasn’t sent in place. Traversing to new towns was aggravating since I never had the motivation to go there in the first place. Using Bandits as the Antagonizing force was well and all but completely making a group of hoodlums so villainy never amused me. There was hardly anything about the Lost Civilization, and if it was, it was that they had great powers and technology so advance to actually bring the dead back to life. So much more can be done about the Lost Civilization, but there was seriously nothing of it and served as a mere plot device.

Along with the Civilization, there was also the Accelerators and the Atomigems. These could have gone and hand in hand and by themselves could have made the story worthwhile, but sadly they weren’t even present half of the time. I wont go into detail here about them, but if you want to know, you can ask in the forums and I will Happily tell you about them.

Plot Score: 2/10

Plot Concept: 7/10

Gameplay:

The Gameplay was…. fine actually. I never gave this enough thought, but the fact that your characters have Guardian Beasts was actually amusing but there skills cannot be enhanced at all and they also do not earn new skills to the point they become utterly obsolete. Your Characters Become so strong in comparison to the guardian beasts, makes you wonder why they were even there in the first place.

Leveling Up is the same as every other RPG. However For Skills, You had to buy them from the shops in towns or at the vending machines in some dungeons. The Thing is that they are pretty expensive to buy and you don’t get much money from battles, while you can trade Items in towns and villages for a few pieces of Gold, well in the end a few pieces are still a few pieces.

Gameplay: 5/10

Characters:

Like I previously stated earlier, the game has emotionless characters, you cant fully grasp into them. You Cant Grasp into the fact that how much troubled Eril is Because of the debt at her orphanage. Or How Yute is sad about his father dying, who himself was a renowned trader.

They Feel Like Empty Dolls and All of the dialogues between them felt cumbersome to read at most of times. The Story writer did a poor job and making the character development and script of the game.

Characters: Very Weak.

Overall Score:

4/10

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Ouch…. Nice, honest, well thought out review. (applauds)

Well I agree with your overall assessment, I still enjoyed the game (but I will admit it’s cheesy as all heck.)

Still, it’s not high on my list; however, my 12-year-old nephew loves it, so there may be an age factor involved there as well.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Azyleo

Thanks.
    Well Everyone has there own tastes in gaming. In no way Am I restricting anyone to buy the game. People Reading this review should keep in mind, I didnt like Asdivine Dios much aswell and that game is leaps and bounds ahead of this game at every category. So, look at the gameplay videos first then come to a conclusion. This review was made by a sole person and does not mean what other think can be false
    ( Just Pointing it out before hand :p)

At that age, you like every game XD

Lawvia
    Participant

yeah it’s not much as symphony of origin but surely there are some features have a great impact if it’s well made .
    such “speak” option in the menu that can be a way to learn more about the char and her story instead of verify the mission objective.

though i’m enjoying fighting with guardian beast :v

Nemomon
    Participant

At that age, you like every game XD

I would argue. 😛

My company (that is releasing board games) once had an exhibition, so I came along too. There I was showing the Talisman game. It is a pretty old game (first released during ’83), and so far it had many editions. The newest one (4th Revised Edition) was released 8 years ago, and still is going new expansions (the next one – Cataclysm – is planned to be released sometime during March 2016). This game is pretty popular for various reasons, but among them it is liked because it is uber easy, can be played with nearly everybody including young children, and it is so old that the current generation that plays it (and it is mostly played by people who are at least ~30 yo) likes it, because they remember playing it when they were children themselves. And now, during that exhibition a father with two children (like 12 yo) came to show them the game he played he was young. We played some turns, and one of that children said that the game is pretty boring, too random and has no freaking idea why people actually like it.

tl;dr At that age You don’t really have to like every game ;).

Azyleo

Ah, you do indeed have a point.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 757 Forums: 129 Topics: 1,723 Replies: 11,319