Forums Kemco Games Kemco Exclusive Escape From Castle Orochi ECO, EPILOGUE (Please Read Before Playing the Game)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Uninvented 4 days ago.

Uninvented
    Participant

I did my best to not fail in my mission to save our beloved princess. I made it to the princess, but an evil dude unleashed his magical wep on me: Samurai Puppet Kidomaru (SPK). Alas, I succumbed to SPK. It most surely isn’t because he’s OP. It’s because either I didn’t complete all the rooms or I don’t have the proper weapon. I reloaded the game so I could try every item in my inventory. Nothing. I tried grabbing the armor, weps, everything, that’s on the floor. You name it. I even switched back the puzzle piece on the map then tried each item in my inventory again. No matter what I did, I was destroyed by SPK. I had no chance for survival.

Atrached is a ss of the percentages I earned which was shown at the end of the game. My thinking is that if anything is below 100% we can’t slay SPK. Although, I really can’t fathom how I’m missing so much. It just seems like everything was completed by the time I left the rooms.

Once we solve the puzzles in a room, we are given an exit to leave the room. When we do leave a room, we cannot go back to it. Not unless, there is something else we should do before we leave the room, that will allow us to return later to it.

There are times when we cannot do everything before leaving a room. If we cannot turn back, then those things are left incomplete. For example, in the first room we enter, there is a Blue Charm stuck in the window. As much as I tried, in various ways, I could not collect the Blue Charm. Unless, of course, there was more I could have done before leaving the room once the exit-way opened.

Throughout the game, like most, if not all, Escape games, the goal is to get out of the room. Once you do, the room is considered complete.  Naturally, I assumed the same for this game. Maybe I’m wrong?

According to Kemco, there are multiple endings in this game. Like what? Two? You die or SPK dies? (I saw that message in the game store under the game’s “Description” by the devs.)

There are NO additional “Save” slots. After my defeat, I chose “New Game.” A warning appeared that all saved data will be lost. Going through the game again is NP if I have to since I already know what to do. However, I would like to see if the game puzzles change, and each time through the game adds to the percentage rate. Either way, I’m hoping to complete higher percentage rates that will improve my chances to slay SPK. I am gonna do a second run-through. Will let you guys know if anything does change. If not, then I’m really left to wonder about these alleged “multiple endings” Kemco is claiming. Moreover, let’s hope the meaning of the “all saved data will be lost” message indicates we have to play the game all the way through again, but the achievements (percentages) remain. By the time the game ended, I had a few pieces in my inventory that I didn’t have at the start of the game. Be nice if those items carry over to the next game to help me achieve higher percentages.

If restarting the game clears all my percentages back to zero, then I’ll see if I can do additional things in each room before I leave the room. If so, then that may increase the percentage rates to 100%. As we know, in the Kemco games that have multiple endings, we carry over everything we earned, including any of the achievements. (Well except in the Asdivine series since all the Arena accomplishments have to be redone.) I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my percentages in ECO carry over to the new game(s). If they don’t …

I need your help!

I’m asking you guys if you’d also play this game. Collectively, I’m sure we can figure out how to get 100% in each room, compare notes, and show SPK who the real boss is, put an end to the nefarious kidnapper, and bring home the princess.

Will you help? Please??

Laura

Uninvented
    Participant

I did earn higher percentages on the second run, and I learned some things, too.

If percentages are below 100%, a New Game has to be started in order to reach 100% in all five areas.  All data is lost with a New Game.  Since you know what to do the second time, it’s not hard to re-do it.  Just a pain in the neck. Almost equivalent to the same kinda pain in the neck as losing a couple hours worth of a game’s progress you didn’t save.

All of the additional items I obtained only became available after defeating the Samurai Puppets in each room. (Exit doors unlock after beating all the puppets on a Floor.) So, don’t immediately exit the room when the escape route becomes available. Search the room again. I don’t know if we can check our percentages while we’re playing. I didn’t think about it. But I’ll check. Be helpful to know if we’re missing anything before we leave the room!

My percentages were
    50%
    100%
    14%
    0%
    71%
    and now they’re
    100%
    100%
    100%
    33% (there are two more things to do/find in this room, since I only found one new object)
    71%

…some improvement, but there are obviously plenty more things to do and find for 100% x5. I’ll include anything I discover to the Walkthrough.

Now that I know how this game’s completion is tallied, I’m curious to see if 100% x5 will unlock the new ending(s). I’m also curious if it changes the game. Just a new ending would be lame.

Laura

Uninvented
    Participant

Little by little I’m getting there.  Right now, I’m 100% ‘cept for the Fourth Floor.  Still only 71% there. Man! I thought the Second Floor was mind-boggling.  I think I was wrong.

The Spoilers have all been updated with any new stuff I had to SUFFER through to learn. Haha. Hoping by tonight the Fourth Floor will be done. Just a little nervous about all the edits I had to make. I may have included things out of order even though I tried to be mindful of that possibility.

I’ll use the Walkthrough myself this time just to be sure.

Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Uninvented
    Participant

Not done with the game yet.  Taking a short break.  Went thru the game numerous times.  Still cannot figure out how to complete the last 29% on the final floor.  The rest is done, but that floor is giving me a headache! Lol

Laura

Uninvented
    Participant

It’s several days later, and I still cannot figure out the last 29% of the Fourth Floor. I’m frustrated, and I’m defeated. I give up trying. Obviously, I’m missing something crucial. It’s unlikely that I’m missing an item from a room on previous floors. Those rooms are all showing 100% completion. Then again, you never know.

I wish anyone who plays Escape from Castle Orochi has much better luck than what I had.  If it’s figured out, please let me know.

Laura

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,658 Forums: 121 Topics: 1,272 Replies: 8,515