New Game: Fernz Gate!

Written by 3beez

Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Fernz Gate New Game: Fernz Gate!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  3beez 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)
  • Author

3beez
    Participant

Google Playstore $4.99

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kemco.execreate.fernzgatepremium&hl=en

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    • This topic was modified 47 years ago by .
    2 users thanked author for this post.

Weisteisen
    Participant

I’ll download it once I get home from work.Been waiting for this for quite some time already.

Azyleo

Will try it out. Hope its not the same as recent releases……

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

woot woot. I’m finally ready to go on vacation.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

3beez
    Participant

Will try it out. Hope its not the same as recent releases……

Sorry, Azy, but it is totally ExeCreate’s standard fare. I don’t think you’ll like it if you’re tired of their stuff. I like it because the learning curve is low, and I can just play the game without learning new mechanics, etc. LOL However, I can see how for normal people that would get old fast.

One note about the gameplay so far…it’s beyond easy. I usually play Execreate games on easy because I’m lazy, but this one, geez. I’ve currently got my difficulty set to HARD! Me? Can you believe it. It might get harder after I make it through the second dungeon (a cave), but if not, you real gamers will likely want to play it on EXPERT.

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Sorry, Azy, but it is totally ExeCreate’s standard fare. I don’t think you’ll like it if you’re tired of their stuff. I like it because the learning curve is low, and I can just play the game without learning new mechanics, etc. LOL However, I can see how for normal people that would get old fast.

One note about the gameplay so far…it’s beyond easy. I usually play Execreate games on easy because I’m lazy, but this one, geez. I’ve currently got my difficulty set to HARD! Me? Can you believe it. It might get harder after I make it through the second dungeon (a cave), but if not, you real gamers will likely want to play it on EXPERT.

Be careful about the difficulty – the last several Exe Create games, I’ve complained that it was too easy… and then about 3 hours in, I’ve had to eat my words.

It does seem to be pretty “standard” so far, however, I’m somewhat optimistic about this one. Mind you I’m not even an hour into it yet, but so far I like the writing, and I’m encouraged by the skill system, and the fact that there are a set number of skills and spells, that doesn’t seem to be so many that you’ll never know which one to use.

I’ll reserve any further comment until I’m a good 4-5 hours into the game…

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Azyleo

Ill keep my hands tight until you guys give some solid reviews. I am very skeptic on spending money on “Exe-Create” games at the moment, since AH2 was the last straw that made me highly skeptic on buying anything Exe Create (only new, old games are still darn good). I just want some freshness (Like Djinn Caster, oh boy was that good). Still wondering when Ancient Phantasma is going to drop.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

6.5 hours in, and I’m finding it hard to put this game down.

Briefly: it plays like Asdivine Menace or Cross. You level your skills the more you use them, there are some skills you can learn by talking to NPCs, and there are unisons. There’s also Teams and Buddies, which I didn’t particularly like in AH2, but now that I’m used to it, it’s okay…

I’ve been on Normal difficulty the whole time and battles are easy – 2 to 3 turns MAX. But now, I’m in Loftus Tower and occasionally run into a Frost Chimera, and get annihilated every time (so, Easy difficulty, here I come lol!)

At the start you’ll almost think it’s similar to Kreisia, but it’s really not… The main character is a high school student who arrives from another world (but ALL the characters are from other worlds, so…) That’s about as close as it gets to being anything like Kreisia (well, except there is an Overlord that you have to defeat – but, I mean, isn’t there one in just about every game?)

Also there’s no walking around on the World Map; you just move from one location to the next. So I’m not sure if there will be any “unmarked areas” or anything like that…

Also, the dialogue is really good, and from my perspective, ALL of your party members are actually “likable” for a change! 🙂

Anyway, at 6 hours in AH2 I felt like the game (and most notable the story) was starting to drag on… Fernz Gate, though – well I’m honestly having a hard time putting it down…

Well that’s all for now. If needed I’ll post another update at Normal or True End.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

• This reply was modified 47 years ago by .

Nemomon
    Participant

So, it’s finally released? At first when I saw a video on Kemco’s YT channel, I thought they just released a free version of it like they recently do.. But today later I found out that they actually translated it, and not just re-released it on somewhere else.

The game is pretty fun, and You rather will like it. I enjoyed it when played it in Japanese. There are areas for almost everything, so rest assured You will have something to do. In fact, after finishing the whole game I still had some areas I didn’t know how to enter. Later in the game go back to the villages and talk to people. Many of them will unlock new optional dungeons.

Spoiler title

I didn’t finish recent three or four English Kemco games, but I think I actually will finish this one.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Weisteisen
    Participant

Is it just me or the game boss fight is slightly harder than AH2.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.