Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Fernz Gate New Game: Fernz Gate!

This topic contains 59 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 2 months ago.

Zherk01
    Participant

dang it, been waiting for this for a while now but I just purchased Iesabel a few days ago and I’m now torn on what to play first… decisions decisions. lol

Though basing on MSG’s comment this one does deserves full attention so maybe I’ll play it when there is nothing to distract me.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

Jesusalva
    Participant

Ill keep my hands tight until you guys give some solid reviews. I am very skeptic on spending money on “Exe-Create” games at the moment, since AH2 was the last straw that made me highly skeptic on buying anything Exe Create (only new, old games are still darn good). I just want some freshness (Like Djinn Caster, oh boy was that good). Still wondering when Ancient Phantasma is going to drop.

engine-wise, I’m pretty sure Fernz Gate is the successor of Asdivine Hearts II, which prior to FG release must have been the most well developed Exe-Create engine.

However the story seems to be much better (some jokes too). AH2 really only lacked on story. Maybe now they’ll figure out that story is important, or maybe they just attribute it to minor additions like bomb monsters and the such… (I’m joking, of course. Like with AH, and unlike AH2, they seem to actually care with story. We’ll see.)

That’s about as close as it gets to being anything like Kreisia (well, except there is an Overlord that you have to defeat – but, I mean, isn’t there one in just about every game?)

What, the first village wasn’t named Yusis Town? :whistle: On the Prologue, I mean. I’m pretty sure it was.
    Actually, judging from Help section I usually always read, this game is Asdivine Hearts 2 but with a DECENT story. Or so I heard. I just played the prologue and found the first person. Which SOMEHOW took me 25 minutes. Hey hey, don’t blame me! It’s not my fault if everyone else can complete that part in 5 or less xD

Anyway, this is currently based on MSG Seal Of Approval, and Help menu.
    Why don’t you disclose us your favorite games, it’s easier to help this way :whistle:
    Anyway, I’ll be revisiting this review and update it much later on. 😛

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

Azyleo

@jesusalva My favorite game is Kreisia and basically the reason why MSG included it in his comment (I think, not sure lol). Being as it may Kreisia wasn’t an “over the top” game either. I like it because it was “unique” in some sense when it came out. From the Engine to the Characters (pretty much how Hearts,Cross and Dios went about, which are also my favorite games (I lean on Hearts/Cross more since the story was very good)).

I’ll say it out loud that some of the recent games proved only as cash grab, and I am not the only one that thinks that way. With what they did with AH2s totally botched story, actually made me very sad on how they were just milking the “Asdivine” franchise, much less the fans of the first Hearts game. A game engine change can only make you go so far.

From what I am hearing, Fernz Gate is where they are actually implementing some new things.
    I’ll just say that I was usually one that of the first people who bought their games and actually wrote reviews about them faster than anyone here (MSG can attest to that), but with how things were going made it seemingly unbearable to continue that streak I was proud on.

I’ll rest my case until I get a full review.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Actually I only brought up Kreisia because even the game description for Fernz Gate talks about “a high school boy who finds himself in another world” or something along those lines, so I wanted to clear it up for everybody, straight away, that this is NOT another “Journey to Kreisia.” Although Kreisia was good, comparing these two games would be like comparing apples and oranges, IMO.

So, Fernz Gate is NOT “like” Journey to Kreisia, in any regard, except in both games the main character is a high school kid who gets transported to another world.

Anyway I’ll post more once I (hopefully) reach the Normal End (or the Only End, if there’s not a True End…)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Okay, in two words or less: Buy It.

Now, in a few more words:

When this site launched, it just happened to be right before they released Asdivine Dios. Since then, I’ve thought of Kemco in terms of “Before Dios” and “After Dios.” (Now, they’ve released quite a few games since then, but only a small handful of them are actually “memorable;” most are play once and even if it was good, I don’t really ever think about it again… but Dios, I could play Dios several times and enjoy each one as much as the first.)

From where I sit, Asdivine Dios is the game by which other Exe Create games can be measured. (There are plenty of others, that I know and love, like Alphadia, Journey to Kreisia, Dragon Sinker, Glorious Savior, Revenant Saga, some of which are really excellent, and some of which are really bad but still hold some strange appeal… but Dios is it, baby. The best darn game Exe Create ever produced.)

Dios has everything – an engaging story, likable characters, good dialogue, awesome skills and battle system, fun and exciting dungeons, subquests, battle arena, endless grinding, the list goes on.

I’ve just cleared the Normal End (and there is more to the game and the story!), and I can honestly say Fernz Gate has all those same elements, and they’re all exceptionally well done. There may be things that you won’t like about the game (I’m still not fond of the “Team” approach to battle, but this game is so good, I’ll put up with it.) But, this is a solid RPG. Everything about this game is good (at least). Some things about this game are GREAT. And some things will honestly make you stop and think (there are some really good plot twists in here.) I’ve put in 16 hours over 3 days, and it was worth every minute.

If you liked Asdivine Dios, Menace, or Cross, there’s no way you could not like Fernz Gate. (And now that I’ve done the Normal End, I’m gonna let up on posting for awhile, and take my time exploring the new dungeons and working my way up to the True End and beyond.)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jesusalva
    Participant

@azyleo, your loss. 😛
    This must be their best title until this date. And I guess it’ll bit them, having released so many definitely-not-a-good-game before this one.

Not much to say. Wish I had played Symphony of Origin to compare this one with – EXEC seems to have put a lot of work on this one.
    If you want me to say something bad which is not personal preferences, then, uhm… A proofreader may find more than a couple of typos. Like anthing, you can hardly notice them, unless youre paying attentoin.

Ah, before I forget, saying in wannabe-games, if you want to have no regrets, play AH2 before this one.
    Otherwise you’ll never reach Hearts 2 freemium moment “GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS NOW? YEA, IT’S TIME FOR ADS!!”.
    You’ll die of boredom and become a FG Buddy before that. 😛 :silly:

I certainly don’t regret buying it, and if it haves MSG Seal Of Approval, I see really no way to you regret it (at least, while still in time to ask for a refund :whistle:)

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

• This reply was modified 48 years ago by .
    Azyleo

@jesusalva yep, that’s what I thought when I was buying recent Kemco games, my loss.

Jokes aside, I am hearing good stuff and can’t wait for the reviews to drop.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I got to the True End last night. Took me an additional 2 hours (but I wandered around a lot). There’s one extra dungeon, then it’s the depths of the Overlord’s castle, and a Boss battle that I fought on Easy at level 75 ’cause I just wanted to see the end.

So to True End is short, but sufficient for this particular game. You get some good back story and after you win you get to choose from 3 endings. Without giving anything away, you can:

Travel on
    Remain in Fernland
    Return to your world

I chose to remain, and quite liked that end.

I’ve also unlocked all the bonus areas, and there are quite a few. Of course I haven’t been to all of them since at level 75 I can’t even clear the level 100 Metal Region (seriously, those guys have too much HP) but that should probably be its own topic…

All in all, I’m extremely satisfied with this game, and absolutely recommend it.

Azyleo

Alright, Ill try the game then.

Zherk01
    Participant

welp, I pushed Iesabel on the side for now and finaly jumped on the wagon. First impression is that even though this looks like another rip-off of Asdivine at first glance it actually gives me this refreshing feel that I can’t fully describe. Looks like I’m gonna enjoy this one and I really like the characters so far.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,471 Forums: 119 Topics: 1,188 Replies: 8,136