Levels for Learning Skills and Magic

Written by MSG Commander

Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Fernz Gate Levels for Learning Skills and Magic

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 1 day ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

All skill and magic lists can be found here: https://www.rpginsanity.com/fernz-gate/skills-and-magic/

This is straight out of the “Status” screen, and I only have 2 characters but I’m assuming these levels are the same across the board:

New magic is learned at levels 2, 4, 8, 12, 18, 24, 30, 38, 46, 54, 62, 70, 80, 90, and 99.

New skills at level 1 (? assuming the first skill listed is the “starting” skill ?), 7, 18, 28, 40, 55, 75, and 110.

There don’t seem to be any magic “combo” spells (like Earth + Fire, etc.) unless they unlock later in the game? But, most spells/skills can be “leveled up” with repeated use.

Also worth noting, you don’t use SP in battle. Instead, each skill has a set “Cool Time,” like 2-4 turns, so once you use a skill you have to wait for the Cool Time before you can use it again. (But, all Cool Times get reset at the end of each battle.)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Weisteisen
    Participant

There’s unison/combo magic.You can check it from Others=>Magic List

Screenshot_2017-08-04-16-19-22

1 user thanked author for this post.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

There are also “Shared Skills” – skills that any party member can use. You can learn these skills from talking to different NPCs as you go through the game. So far I have 4 of them, and they all have a Cool Time of 20 turns:

Shared Skills

Also worth noting: If you go into Tactics, and set your “auto” Tactics to Onslaught, you can Auto every random encounter. Your characters will still use skills, and they’ll still increase in level – BUT, the skills they use will be totally random. So if you want to increase a specific skill, you’ll still have to fight manually.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Also, and this shouldn’t really come as a surprise to anyone who’s played the Asdivine games, but the Unisons seem to be where it’s at when it comes to inflicting massive damage… so be sure and teach your peeps to use magic! 🙂

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I have all the skills, but there’s one shared skill that I never got, so I don’t know who you learn it from:

“Oh my!
    All: Attacks with a falling mass of ultra-compressed mana.
    Strength: 1500”

Does anyone have the name and the location for learning this skill? (Or is it from a subquest?)

Searinox119
    Participant

It’s from beating Secret Battle Arena’s highest tier battle 2 times, I think.
    EDIT: Yes, definitely from that:
    Screenshot_2017-08-16-23-26-20

1 user thanked author for this post.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Wow, I got the Fluffy Suit but somehow I never even read the bit about getting the shared skill. :facepalms:

Thanks Searinox!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.