Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Fernz Gate Farming Buddy Rings + Which buddies do you use?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  3beez 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I’ve created a table that lists all the monsters who drop buddy rings: https://www.rpginsanity.com/fernz-gate/hints-and-tips/farming-buddy-rings/

Meanwhile, I’m wondering which buddies other people use? (not including IAP buddies, as there’s likely no way to farm rings for them…)

Do you choose your buddies according to their skills, or their magic spells? Or do you just use whatever, like I’ve done so far? (I’m currently using Fitch at level 88 and Sir Cactus at level 99, because I came across a boat-load of rings for these 2 buddies just in the course of the game.)

I’d love to hear other people’s strategies or suggestions for choosing the best non-IAP buddies!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

• This topic was modified 47 years ago by .
    2 users thanked author for this post.

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’ve started a table that lists all the monsters who drop buddy rings: https://www.rpginsanity.com/fernz-gate/hints-and-tips/farming-buddy-rings/
    I haven’t done the lv. 900 region yet, so if there are more there I’ll add them to the list.

Meanwhile, I’m wondering which buddies other people use? (not including IAP buddies, as there’s likely no way to farm rings for them…)

You currently have 24 buddies listed, and there are 38 in the game (including post game). A few may be in 900 region, but most are IAP. I’m guessing from the list that there are 8? buddy rings in IAP, but at least two of them can be obtained in the course of the game. That would leave 6 at most unique to IAP. We will know more once you get your list complete.

As for using them, my own use was simply to put all except Baron and Sir Cactus on “stands.” The buddies are really only useful, at least for me, to get turns to use items in the major battles against Jolie Curie (in the Forgotten Gardens arena) and Maidame Curie. So I was indifferent to which buddies I used.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 47 years ago by .
    1 user thanked author for this post.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I do need to check against the Monster Guide for the lv. 800 AND lv. 900 region. So there could be a few more to add. But, the whole list is only for monsters who drop buddy rings, so available buddy rings may or may not match up with the total number of non-IAP buddies… I’ll let you know once I’ve got my list done.

3beez
    Participant

Speaking of Buddies….

Does anyone have the ‘Sushi’ buddy? Every time I even touch (in battle, in the menu, anywhere!)the ‘Fujiyama!’ skill my game crashes . I’ve tried on a couple of devices with the same result. If yours doesn’t crash, would you mind telling me the skill description…that’s all I wanted from it anyway…just the description for my spreadsheet notes…and it sure is being a rotten fish. Another reason to dislike sushi!!

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    • This reply was modified 47 years ago by .

1oldtymer
    Participant

Speaking of Buddies….

Does anyone have the ‘Sushi’ buddy? Every time I even touch (in battle, in the menu, anywhere!)the ‘Fujiyama!’ skill my game crashes . I’ve tried on a couple of devices with the same result. If yours doesn’t crash, would you mind telling me the skill description…that’s all I wanted from it anyway…just the description for my spreadsheet notes…and it sure is being a rotten fish. Another reason to dislike sushi!!

If it is not an IAP only buddy, and you can tell me which monster drops it (or whatever), I can get it and try on my tablet. BTW, from your note I assume you are not only making a monster table, but also a buddy table. I have all the ones (plus Maidame’s Head) on Commander’s list and am waiting for him to update so I can get the remainder.

Older, but not wiser

Searinox119
    Participant

Paid-only buddy. At least, the Japanese buddy select menu has it in the section for paid buddies, and I don’t remember finding a ring for it in chest (I might be mistaken, though)
    Anyway, also crashes. Only with English, though, switching to Japanese has it working fine. So it’s likely the description that crashes the game, and if so, you’re probably out of luck until it’s patched.
    It seems to be a single target attack that heals all teams by 1/6 of damage, I guess?

Attachments:

3beez
    Participant

Thanks, guys. Don’t know if it will help, but I sent a bug report. When/if they ever fix it, I’ll probably have long forgotten about it. lol

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I have Sushi. I got it when the Shop first unlocks, and you get to try for a free Buddy. I kept it on the stand the whole time, because it gives the party +20% HP at the start of each turn.

I just tried to touch the Fujiyama! skill in the skill description screen and the screen goes black. Same thing if I even tap on the skill in battle…

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Also, my list is now complete. It has every monster in the Monster Guide that drops a Buddy Ring.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

The update fixed the bug with the Sushi skills!

Screenshot_2017-08-21-09-15-54

Screenshot_2017-08-21-09-16-03

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.