Forums Kemco Games Exe Create Fernz Gate Expert Clear Progress

This topic contains 44 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 1 year ago.

Still cranking away in the Dolly Forest, with my team at 215. I’ve been going through my Seed stock to make the most use of it, even if the gains they give seem much more minuscule when my stats have broken 1k.  I slowed down a bit here, since I don’t want the game to become a slog, and the boss in this level requires you grind up to a certain level to be beatable.

Said boss battle is made up of two monsters: The both have high HP pools, high defense, multiple resistances (The game only indicates two, but bosses also become resistance to statuses that are used on them, making them unreliable beyond one or two turns), and have multiple attacks which have totally wiped my party in a single move. Ice wall was the most common, but there’s also Wondrous Lightning and other things that hit every party member and do insane damage. Also that one dark move that reduces your entire party’s HP to 1 and seems to ALWAYS be effective.

This is not to say that no strategy can work on them: My previous run against them at 215 went pretty decently, where I focused on the enemy who does most of the casting, and kept him from moving for much of the fight. When it got a turn it killed Alex and Lita+Toril in one attack, but it was a good enough run that I knew I was close to victory. The bosses here only attack once, instead of twice like with earlier bosses. This is a great since if both enemies could attack twice, the fight would be impossible. The dollies will always use the first turn to cast a Physical Reflect on one of themselves. If the both cast it on the dolly in the front row, then you should be fine in attacking the one in the back row, who does all the casting of party wiping skills.

I’ll update later when I make more headway on this boss. The dolly forest is starting to easy out, and my party is getting strong enough where I can almost one shot enemies on occasion. The bosses are the only challenge left here.

Mastertrek

I’ll start leveling up (and slowly using Ultimate Fruits) after story is done but due to Exp orbs I had to run away from any fight because regardless of area I still can get quite a bunch xp from a single fight. At least the only seeds I used up to now are 23 Ability Fruits early on to beat Maid Cup.

I’m happy that I have Jade Buddy. Thanks to that I can use any combination of Rings with no need to anything that would normally enable me to cast magic. 

Welcome 😇

Finally brok through Dolly Forest!

As stated in my previous post, my strategy consisted of focussing on a single enemy, namely the one in the back row, as it has most of the fire power. The higher level skills and unisons were useful here, as they allowed me to not only damage all enemies on screen, but often had nifty effects attached to them, like Paralysis, Delays, Poison, etc.

That said, there is one thing that must be reiterated: untrained skills, even high level ones, are next to useless. You have to spend some time training and leveling skills to really start getting use out of them, even stuff like Supernova and Hyperion.

Status skills like Gelesium though, are useful right from the word go, and should be made use of as often as possible. You will see miracles happen from this one.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

You’re right about that skills need to be trained to be good.

I’m currently going to Overlord Castle again. Cogoal cave done. 

Can I take White Lily without affecting the story(or endings) ? 

Welcome 😇

@mastertrek

You need to place the White Lily down to get the true ending. So I assume taking it back would affect that. Though I do not think the White Lilly is used for anything else in the game.

Took a crack at the secret arena also. I was surprised how easily I breezed through it, only Maidame Curie gave me pause, but it’s to be expected since she’s the superboss…

Capture_2018-04-14-03-08-53

Superboss or no, there is a limit to teasing.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Thanks. But that’s simply for last fight against Clangorrah right? So I can put it back like nothing happened before that fight.

And I saw Maidame Curie at level 900 area yesterday and a single strike dealt 240k to each party member xd

Besides that I skip fights at Overlord Castle depths because each of them gives me around 10 level ups. 

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

What level are you now? My party is around 160

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

I don’t think it’s necessary unless something with it happens at Neo-Clangorrah fight. Because I see three possible answers after beating the Boss. It almost killed me on Expert with one single hit but recovered to finish it.

Welcome 😇

• This reply was modified 49 years ago by .
    Mastertrek

I confirmed that. It’s not necessary for True Endings (I mean, once you put it on the grave and start the post-game it’s not needed at all.

I saw All True Endings. And they’re all great. 

Pooky is funny.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

So now off to grinding to beat optional bosses. 🙂

Welcome 😇

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 593 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,502 Replies: 10,056