August 8, 2018 at 8:25 pm #29383
A really good metroidvania-like series and although both Cally’s Caves 2 and 3 don’t have anything important out of reach at any point but some levels have hidden treasures (not really worth going back just for them but I checked all of them xd) it’s still a good thing.
Cally’s Caves 2 was an awesome game with a lot of levels (linear game but still notable for clever enemy placements who usually throw you into water which kills you instantly). It has a good amount of weapons to choose from and each of them is different. But there’s a flaw. Bosses can be easily defeated because nothing stops you from going outside of their range and spamming a good weapon at them. Oh and glitching into a wall is bad. Difficulty : Somewhere between Medium and Hard. Bosses are easy.
I’m still playing Cally’s Caves 3 so I can’t tell everything about it but at least I know it’s awesome. A brand new character (Bear) who easily kills everything but can’t wield any weapon.. Cool! At least he’s got its own story:) But back to the game. It has a better way to tell a story with collectibles that usually are reachable immediately at the level. Each area is different in its way but you don’t have to look for anything that’s required for the story to proceed. But sheer amount of enemies and vast array of weapons (each has expensive mods to buy) keep you interested! And you’ll be more likely to die here because if you get too close to enemy you’ll lose life easily (no invincibility after hit at all). At least most of my deaths were either by being stuck at wall or falling into lava. Bosses pose more challenge (every boss except King Slime unless you rush into him.. But he’s the punch bag for easy weapon training).
And that’s it for now. I’m at Herbert Laboratory now.
August 8, 2018 at 8:35 pm #29384August 9, 2018 at 11:42 am #29394
- This topic was modified 49 years ago by .
Finally completed all 3 stories:) I’m at New Game + but knowing all areas I didn’t die yet at it.
Some weapons are at max level 🙂
Welcome 😇August 10, 2018 at 12:17 pm #29439
Cally’s Caves 3 completed 🙂 Only 2 collectibles missing but I’ll find them later.
Now I’ll start Cally’s Caves 4:)
Welcome 😇August 10, 2018 at 1:46 pm #29443
I’m 4 hours in Cally’s Caves 4 and first impressions :
- Rupert Shop has more items to choose from 🙂
- Weapons are made better (at least for now) and you can’t get too strong equipment for the areas because for now (I’m in 2nd area) they cap out at level 10.
- You can see more of the area and you get two of the best things pretty early. And the fact that water can’t kill you at any point because Water Wings appear at the beginning of the game is awesome 🙂
Welcome 😇August 12, 2018 at 9:50 am #29478
I just completed Cally’s Caves 4 and now I’m at NG + which surprisingly is a 2nd part of the game.
Impressions about the game :
- There are some glitches (I bought melee damage x4 and after that I bought x2 and game thinks that I never bought the x4 at all (same goes with xp boost. And Scrap boost is of no use at all due to the fact you can buy 5k scrap for 20000 coins (with discount) while enemies drop 2-3 at max. Treasures give good amount of Coins.
- There’s no best weapon leveling spot at all which is cool because enemies can do that work easily.
Welcome 😇August 12, 2018 at 3:15 pm #29517
In my opinion the best game of the series is Cally’s Caves 3. Why? It retains everything from Cally’s Caves 2 (difficulty, awesome weapons) while doing all of that better. Also the Spike Gun is just amazing (Cally’s Caves 4 has Bow but just to get that effect you need to get its final form and then get it to level 25. And that’s required at few levels to get Dossier data (there’s no info which areas are checked using it).
Rating of all three games :
- Cally’s Caves 3.
- Cally’s Caves 4 (just because it’s just a little better than Cally’s Caves 2 )
- Cally’s Caves 2.
Welcome 😇August 14, 2018 at 10:53 am #29546
I’m currently at Zone 5+ and got Final Bow. I likes the damage of the weapon at level 24 and I’ll miss it however Scrap Gun is the strongest level 1 weapon ever! And it becomes 10 times better quickly 🙂
Welcome 😇August 14, 2018 at 4:02 pm #29555
Cleared NG+ 🙂 Last thing to do is complete Survival Mode(s) and finding 1 collectible.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Members: 461 Forums: 118 Topics: 1,360 Replies: 9,068