Forums Game Chat Eternal Concord

This topic contains 32 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CoarseDragon 1 month ago.

GauzeB
    Participant

Just found a new rpg a couple days ago, as the title says Eternal Concord. A little shy of halfway through at this point and it’s pretty good. Has a very FF dimensions feel to it, except the initial party is selected by job ala ff1. So far the story is decent enough for a small independent developer, pretty solid gameplay, acceptable graphics. Can’t speak for the sound as I usually don’t play any of these games with the sound on. Couple flaws, the controls can be glitchy at times with movement, mostly in towns and it’s ignored pretty well once you play for awhile. The random encounter rate is slightly above average which can get annoying, but so far the battles from area to area progress very well in difficulty. Anyway wanted to throw this out for those fans of these types of games, it is a pay game, I paid $2.99 on sale normally 4.99 – I’d say worth it already, a good price for what it is. No IAPs or ads. Share if you decide to try it and what you think 🙂

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’m playing the game, but at the moment am stuck in the dungeon at Beralith.  I’ve opened all four rooms, but I don’t understand the hints.

“Well, what do we know about the puzzle?  We know that there are four arrows on the wall, and there are scratches that look like the numbers one through four.” (Me: I didn’t see any arrows on any wall, and no scratches that look like numbers.]

“So…the 4 arrows must be related to the 4 rooms.  It appears they go in order as we got to them.” [Me: ‘they’ appears to refer to the rooms.]

“The question now is which way should the arrows face?” [Me: WHAT arrows???]

“Wait!  I’ve got it.  I saw arrows similar to those on the floor in each room. [Me: yes, each room has an arrow on the floor entrance–room 1 pointing right, room 2 pointing left, room 3 pointing up, and room 4 pointing down.  I number the rooms the same as they are numbered when doing a “save.”] I bet if we match the directions we’ll be able to move forward.”

Well, match what?  All I could think was that the order in which we go through the rooms might be the key.  However, I tried all 24 permutations of the 4 rooms without success.  I am guessing that the solution will open up the blocked wall near the center top, because you can see a portion of a path above that wall.

OK, below is the solution.

Spoiler

Room 4 (the empty room) has 4 arrows on the top wall.  You can interact with the arrows (stand in front of an arrow, facing it, and tap the action button to turn the arrow).  Turn the arrows to match the arrows on the floor of the room entrances.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  1oldtymer. Reason: added the solution
    GauzeB
    Participant

Lol yeah took me a couple minutes to see those arrows. When you get to the northwest and you have to fight a boss before you even actually get on the island I’ll leave a hint here as a spoiler in case you’re driving yourself nuts like I did for a couple hours.

Should be your next stop if I remember right.

Spoiler

Embrace the oldest and noblest of pirate traditions (pirates if the Caribbean)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Thanks.  I’m on the island, going through some dungeon, so far no boss.  I sailed to the island from the south and went into the cave, no problem.

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

Haha–I got by just by luck.  Good think I’m not too patient.  Afterwards I looked at your spoiler hint: very nice hint:)

Older, but not wiser

GauzeB
    Participant

Spoiler

Haha I beat on her for a solid hour to an hour and a half trying to see if she could die to no avail. Maybe someday if I have more patience I’ll try agaun

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  GauzeB.
    GauzeB
    Participant

@1oldtymer have you gotten to the end boss yet?

1oldtymer
    Participant

Yes, I just defeated him this morning.  I don’t know if there is a trick to winning the battle.  I tried a few times at level 40 and failed, but then using a similar strategy but at level 47 I had no trouble winning.

I haven’t tried the arena yet (but I did find it), and I know there is another dungeon (lonely isle) and a subquest, but I haven’t started any of the post-game yet.

Older, but not wiser

GauzeB
    Participant

Ah ok. I’m still level 38 and have been trying.. first form is usually nothing but second wipes me I’m 2 turns. Time to grind a bit I guess. Been working alot but hopefully I get to check out the post game soon.

1oldtymer
    Participant

I think the best place to grind is that big island toward the bottom of the map almost in the center.  The Argo and the Deathstalker give more EXP than any other monsters in my enemies catalog.  Argo isn’t a problem, just be careful with the Deathstalker (instant kill).

When you get stronger there is a better place for gold on the upper left of the map.  And oh, Mirror World isn’t unlocked until the post-game.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  1oldtymer.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 577 Forums: 125 Topics: 1,488 Replies: 9,846