Forums Kemco Games Game Length Dragon Prana Game Length

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LemmyTheLenny 6 months ago.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Game is done and it was dissapointing. Beat all the side quests + arena levels.

The class system like past entries after Sinker feels like EXE-Create wanted to monetize the jobs system but never comes close to doing so making them especially infuriating to play. The class system is inferior especially when Chroma Quaterminion has a job system and executes it much better than the dragon games do. Theres even no reason to level up the other jobs you start out with but your own because you get a passive that is active regardless of class at lv. 3. You can only get at most 1 lv. 3 upgrade before the final boss with your laughably bad earnings from the first 3 arena cups. The master arena finally gives you enough coins to buy more than 1 lv. 3 upgrade but you only have 1-2 final dungeons and the game is over making the class upgrades moot. Even worse, the game does not tell you in any way that the Lv. 3 class items can only be earned through arena battles and cost 500 coins each besides the Harvester and Trickster upgrades. The game has a limit break system called “link skills” which activates at 50% of the gauge. The problem? You finish battles so quickly that you never get the chance to use them and the bar resets after every battle. I know i’m playing on easy but its because ive figured out how to make killing machines quickly thanks to the upgrade system and the skill tree.

It is fun to get stat bonuses on the skill tree but you only get 2 passives out of the whole tree so you might as well just be chugging all of the stat increase items at once. The dungeons are ridiclously short being one screen affairs that can be completed in under a minute. What amkes the dungeons worse is that the filler dialogue feels like it takes longer to finish than actually finishing the dungeon and this happens at the start, middle, and end of said dungeons.

Story started off interesting but by the end, everyone says the same sappy wishy washy s**t thanks to the power of friendship and overcoming fantasy racism that it was more worthwhile to skip the dialogue. Seriously, you go through 1 room in a dungeon and spwnd the next two minutes reading filler dialogue for characters that have nothing interesting going for them besides being cookie cutter stereotypes. Iria from Lapis was more interesting than anyone in the series and the fact holds true in Prana.

In other words, the game just feels like yet another dissapointment especially when Sinker is much better.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

Thanks for such a detailed and revealing report on the game.  You make it easy for all of us to understand what the game offers (and what it doesn’t) so that we can decide whether to invest the time to play it.

Older, but not wiser

1 user thanked author for this post.
    3beez
    Participant

I’d like to add that the game didn’t seem finished…or the developers weren’t paying attention. The post-game arena especially seems dubiously thought-out. One of the awards in that arena is the accessory for battle-per-step. At this point in the game, you don’t need it. The last lane in the post-game arena is LV 550, and here is where you get the big stat boosting items that you usually need for an uber-boss like Maidame Curie. But unless I missed something, there is no uber. The LV 750 area is harder than the post-game arena, even playing the arena on Hard.  So, again, what’s the point?  And since I’m complaining…why is the Prince’s Hideout there? To stash a couple more garbage treasures? Nothing happens there.

There’s a lot of “blah, blah. blah” in this game. And during scenes characters often pause for excruciating seconds simply to turn side to side, but say nothing. Luckily there is a skip button.

I’m not saying the game totally sucks. I’ve played it through about 1.5 times so far…mainly to get info to help other players. If you want to play it, I’d say go for the free version.

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    Jesusalva
    Keymaster

Thanks for such a detailed and revealing report on the game.  You make it easy for all of us to understand what the game offers (and what it doesn’t) so that we can decide whether to invest the time to play it.

Personally, I would also post it on https://www.rpginsanity.com/dragon-prana/ so it doesn’t get lost 🙂

Jesusalva / Jesusaves (Buy me a coffee!) / (Sponsor the website!)

Make your time.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Not a surprise, but you have kept your streak of insightful and useful game comments alive.  Thanks for all the details.

Older, but not wiser

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

I actually forgot about the Prince’s hideout. I stumbled upon that trying to find Stoltz and left thinking that the story would take me there. That is just such a major oversight given how theres a significant amount of towns you dont need to visit to progress the story.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,242 Forums: 144 Topics: 2,225 Replies: 13,032