Forums Kemco Games Game Length Sword of Elpsia Game Length

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  1oldtymer 1 month ago.

Victar
    Participant

The fastest way to cycle through Dead Seas random encounters (or any zone where one is hunting for a specific monster) is to equip the accessory that guarantees the first turn in any battle – I think it’s from a chest from the postgame final dungeon, although I’m not sure. Then it’s just a matter of equipping Step-by-Step Plate to force encounters, and running away from everything that isn’t the Vortex Dragon.

I’m pretty sure the Vortex Dragon only shows up if the party is on a ship in the Dead Seas. I don’t recommend searching for him on the island in the Dead Seas.

For a monster to be recorded in the Bestiary, you just have to see it. The monster can run away, or you can run away, and its entry will still be recorded; beating it is not required.

Victar’s Fanfiction Archive: https://www.vicfanfic.com
    Featuring “Memories of an Overlord”, a Journey to Kreisia fanfiction novel

1 user thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

I’ll let you know how it goes.  On the ship…Oh well, a great surprise!  I didn’t know that.  And that’s good news that I can even lose to the Vortex Dragon and it might still show up in the catalog..

Older, but not wiser

1oldtymer
    Participant

Deleted–I finally found the right island for the Dead Seas.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  1oldtymer.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

OK, I found it–different island, and yes, I can now be on the ship via warp (now in the menu of locations). AND… I defeated a Blue Vortex Dragon on Chaos.  Whew…

Thanks for your help, @Victar–I never would have found it, or beat it, without all your posts.

Older, but not wiser

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  1oldtymer.
    Victar
    Participant

What about the dogenkasen Tower–is it worth doing?  I took your hint and never even used the pets.

I’ll just call it the Shop dungeon since it requires an expensive key that costs 200 Shop currency.

The Shop dungeon is mostly worth it for its funny side-story about the Guild. The treasures in it aren’t worth the Shop currency until the player has purchased all of the more powerful upgrades.

Saving the Shop dungeon for last does have one disadvantage; all the fights in it will become pushover easy. The first floor is intended for the early game; the second floor for the midgame; and the third floor for the endgame.

Reaching the second attract tube on any floor of the Shop dungeon will unlock that floor for Pet Dispatch missions, for what it’s worth. Pet Dispatch missions can’t get any equipment from the first floor, although I think there is a random chance for worthwhile equipment from the second and third floors.

Victar’s Fanfiction Archive: https://www.vicfanfic.com
    Featuring “Memories of an Overlord”, a Journey to Kreisia fanfiction novel

1oldtymer
    Participant

I used a lot of the tips in your posts, and had the time to buff the characters to max values (using your note about abusing the secret arena).  Just for kicks I also abused the guild to buy a pile of the 2% physical damage boosts.  In the end I was able to defeat the vortex dragons when they just got  2 turns. We used burst on turn 1, and attack on turn 2.  Some RNG helped: dragon foolishly  double buffed itself on its turn2, so then  Nate  hit it with Reverse.  Then we just mopped up.

Older, but not wiser

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,529 Forums: 149 Topics: 2,437 Replies: 13,734