Forums Kemco Games Game Length Alphadia Neo game length

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Victar 2 months ago.

Lucio
    Participant

time

This is the Steam version.

One of the best Exe-Create i ever played so far, and it’s got many references from the old titles like the Meteor and Crystals of Alphadia IV and V, and the political war of Alphadia 1 and 3.

Alphadia Neo doesn’t have post-game story event, guild, and true end. Only 1 end (as thing should be) and 3 post-game dungeons:

Energi Workshop HQ at the west of the ruined Kingdom of Strudel (Lv. 75), about a hidden laboratory.

Fububu Ruins at the east of the Royal Kingdom of Seral (Lv. 80), and it’s about a hidden ruined town.

And lastly, the Chaos Tower at the north of the Holy Kingdom of Diosfrule (Lv. 90), and it’s about a hidden tower where the Lunker lord of the Lunker Lords, the Olden Oarfish resides.

Beaten in very hard mode and completed all sidequests, fish catalog and monster catalog. Also acquired every skills and Energi Arts including all resonant skills.

That’s not actually the right time if you asked me. I spend a lot of time grinding for Orion stones and afk a lot so this one is not that accurate.

If you’re only to play the game for story, you might get a lower time but you possibly get his record if you’re achieving completionist.

For story only: 10-15hrs (grinding is necessary)

Completionist: 20-35hrs

_____________________________________________________________________________

Tip:

The game required you to reach all Energi at 99 if you don’t want to messed-up in late game bosses. (Trust me, you should) or at least the Energies that unlocked buff and all heal Arts.

The game will required you to reach specific Energi elements at 99 (better if all at 99) if you don’t want to messed-up in the late game bosses (trust me, you should), because you needed some fusion Energi Arts to not died easily.

Buying ‘Treasure Storehouse key’ is a must if you like to progress easily. There’s a total of 8 and 5 of them are includes the All target weapons that can boost your attack and Magic attack and have status bonuses STR & MND +16% = 277 added ATK, 84 added STR and 107 added MND which is very helpful at early to mid game.

Fishing is recommended to do for its FP mart goods like Armor that can boost your defense and Magic defense and it also have VIT & MVIT +10% = 183 added DEF, 77 added VIT and 76 added MVIT which is very helpful at early to mid game.

Always use Darkness skill ‘Shadow’ as possible, since the more you use it, the more damage it dealt. Example: 700 times used = 90k damage.

Buffs and Debuffs are important as this act as your lifesaver against powerful bosses.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Neo has an interesting and decent story of so far by Exe-Create and mixing the concept of Energi conflict, political war, and the Crystals into one are not bad. The characters are well made, mostly Souffle and Enah, because of their development arc and Alt’s entire character shocking revelation.

One thing that makes the game decent are the development arcs of the Characters. Some of you may argue about this since I’m not actually good at making this type of post but Alt has the most impactful development in the game because of a revelation about himself near the end of the game, and the way he react to it will make you love his character. Unfortunately, the game ends leaves a mystery to the players.

The Gameplay is the same as other Exe-Create games, heavily influenced by previous title like Sword of Elpisia and more. Battle System is not bad but the lack of defense option or to cancel your turn without doing a thing is a big downgrade for me. Like if you don’t have stock of healing item to cancel your turn, you will be forced to attack instead to plan out what to do.

Also one thing i almost forgot to say that the game status is capped to 99, means, your health is capped to 9999, as well your EP to 999 and your level to 99. Even though you reach 99, enemies can still beat you and even one-shot you if you’re not careful enough. That’s why buffs and debuffs are necessary.

My journey to end the darkness ends up losing someone I loved. Now I realized that there's no victorious in either sides. It's all about the casualties it caused...

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by  Lucio. Reason: fixed some stuff
    Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Victar
    Participant

This is the Playstation 5 version. My entire playthrough was on the highest difficulty of Very Hard. (The difficulty options are Easy, Normal, Hard, and Very Hard.) I had to grind a few levels on Alt and Souffle at the very beginning, but once I had a team of four there was no need to grind outside of fighting encounters as they came (I set the rate to one-half when exploring dungeons) or doing the daily “Extra Quests” for Shop currency.

It took about 27 hours to finish the story, most panel rewards, and all 30 sidequests. It took a total of about 33 hours to complete all panel rewards, earn all Playstation trophies, and beat the optional bosses of all three postgame dungeons (Energi Workshop HQ, Fububu Ruins, and Chaos Tower). I didn’t bother completing the monster list or the fishing list.

Behemoth, Shark, and especially Chimera random encounters are extremely strong relative to other monsters in any area where they are encountered. All three are practically bonus bosses (although the party can always run away).

There’s no Arena. The fishing minigame replaces the Arena as the source of an in-game currency (separate from gold or Shop currency) to spend on unique items. I spent my fishing points on three accessories to reduce the risk of bad status. Souffle gets the Indomitable Style that lets her ignore negative effects from bad status, and I used it often, although enemies that forcibly change the party’s Style could still mess with her.

I did not max out anyone’s statistics. Alt came the closest, since I gave nearly all stat boosters to him. Alt became my strongest attacker, but the entire team was vital to defeating challenges on Very Hard, especially in the endgame and postgame.

Shop rings to teach and use all types of elemental magic are very helpful. I think the Shop rings that shorten rebound time are better than the Shop rings that boost damage, because bosses get a terrifying number of turns and if the team doesn’t max out their agility (mine didn’t! Alt’s was the highest at around 900 and everyone else was in the 500-600 range!) then they need every speed advantage they can get.

Two spells are absolutely vital. One is Volcano (learned through ranks in Fire, Earth, and Dark), which debuffs physical offense, magic offense, AND speed of enemies. It’s most effective when cast by Enah or Carlo in Debuffer Style. The other is Wing Curtain (learned through ranks in Water and Wind), which buffs the physical defense, magical defense, AND speed of allies. It’s most effective when cast by Alt or Souffle in the Supporter Style. Keeping enemies debuffed and the party buffed is crucial to victory.

The Resonant Skills I used the most were the ones that shield the party from all damage (Enah/Souffle or Enah/Souffle/Carlo). I couldn’t rely on them all of the time because they take up the turns of everyone who participates. Sometimes I’d have Souffle cast her Break skill to shield a party row from Break attacks, although this does nothing against magic attacks.

I didn’t spend any Shop currency on storehouse keys, or on “weapon and armor forging”. I never won the Alphadia prize from Roulette.

I spent Shop currency on Energi auto-refill after every encounter (as a quality-of-life feature), making enemies drop stat boosters, four rings to teach party members elemental magic, and eventually the damage boosts (magic damage first, since Volcano was my main source of damage in tough fights).

Finally, I bought the Shop option to cut fish stamina in half. Rare fish and Lunkers were next to impossible for me to catch otherwise.

I bought a few All Nectars (a party-wide healing/resurrection/status cure item) and a few bombs that cause flinching from the Shop before fighting the final postgame boss in Chaos Tower, and used up all of them. The two worst bosses in the game are the final story boss, and the Chaos Tower boss.

Victar’s Fanfiction Archive: https://www.vicfanfic.com
    Featuring β€œMemories of an Overlord”, a Journey to Kreisia fanfiction novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,493 Forums: 149 Topics: 2,422 Replies: 13,681