Forums General General Chat Site Updates

This topic contains 47 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 3 months ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

This topic is for announcing new or future updates to the site, and the content will be “recycled” when new announcements are made.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

3 users thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

This is not “Site” update – it’s a personal update, just so peeps know…

Last month I decided to quit smoking, and it has been a NIGHTMARE!!!  👿

I’ve tried to quit in the past so I knew I’d basically be really sick and miserable for like a week or two… well it’s been over a month and I’m still really sick and miserable all the time… and had a few slips but other ex-smokers I know say that’s pretty typical…

Anyway I’m putting this out because it’s severely affecting my ability to get online and really follow any forum thread or contribute anything – and because what I thought would take a week or so is taking me a lot longer… (I’ve smoked for 27 years and only now realize how addicted I truly was.) So anyway, I’m still here but for the foreseeable future I’ll be mainly in “lurker” mode… The good news the hosting for this site is on auto-renew; otherwise I would’ve missed that last week.  🙄

So, yeah, I’m around obviously, but I don’t expect that I’ll be posting much until this gets better… just wanted folks to know…

P.S. I do need to update some plugins so I’m gonna try to do that real quick and hope it doesn’t break anything…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Zherk01
    Participant

Ah yes, I still remember how bad was it when I quit smoking for 2 years. I get anxious and feel sick all the time and although I was able to get over it after awhile I still get the itch from time to time and when I do I feel like I’m gonna breakdown. I returned to smoking afterwards but is able to contain myself to 3-4 stick a day, maybe less on a good day, just to keep myself calm.

I don’t know if you’re into the dragging or just the nicotine (this is mine) but if you’re on the latter maybe you can give nicotine patch a go.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Regardless, I hope you manage to overcome your withdrawal symptoms. I pray for your success.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I’m still struggling with smoking withdrawals (and to make things worse my mom had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago, and I’m taking care of her all day while dad’s at work…)  😈  👿

However, it’s not all bad… I have managed to carve out enough time to keep studying web design. So along those lines, I’ve come up with an “updated” template for the site – same overall design as we currently have but with some minor improvements here and there (and some stuff that now uses a lot less code! and also some stuff that I’m experimenting with that *hopefully* will look nice and work well…)

Anyway I’ll be updating the site’s template probably in the next day or so, after I get tired of checking for bugs/decide it’s “good enough”

Meanwhile I’ve learned enough on this second time around, that I’m actually hopeful I *will* be able to add a spoiler button to the forum editor soon, and maybe after that, even try to create a better “search results” page (like one that just shows the title of each post, instead of the current results listing the whole post…)

But mostly this is just to let everyone know that the layout and the design for the site will undergo some minor changes over this weekend. (Most mobile users may not even notice the change, unless you really look for it; at least, that’s my hope!)

So, hope everyone is having a good week!

1oldtymer
    Participant

I’m still struggling with smoking withdrawals (and to make things worse my mom had knee replacement surgery 2 weeks ago, and I’m taking care of her all day while dad’s at work…) 😈 👿

I know the short term for your mom’s rehab is tough, but the longer term should be a huge improvement for her.  In our community here almost everybody is part bionic, with knee/hip/shoulder replacements.  Most have said, about knee replacement, “Why did I put up so much pain for so long–my new knee is great!”  So I hope your mom enjoys a similar outcome.  And special points for you to help with her care now.

Older, but not wiser

Zherk01
    Participant

I have no problem with the current layout but I’ll still be looking forward for the new one.

Keep it up, man.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Sohail
    Participant
    • One addicted to smoke. its hard for them to overcome …..but i can give one suggestion @msg-commander that do not think of  smoking again … so ull b fine 🙂

A.Sohail

Zherk01
    Participant
    • One addicted to smoke. its hard for them to overcome …..but i can give one suggestion @msg-commander that do not think of smoking again … so ull b fine 🙂

Easier said than done.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

No biggie. I’m determined to quit this time, just hit a few setbacks.

Anyhow I expect to update the site in the next few hours. Just checking things over one last time…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,368 Forums: 165 Topics: 1,149 Replies: 7,683