Forums General General Chat Recommend games to add to the site here!

This topic contains 41 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 1 week ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

This is a catch-all topic for anyone who wants to recommend games to add to this site.

Recommendations must be for mobile games, and should be primarily RPG games, or games with RPG elements (like skill growth, equipment upgrades, character growth, etc.)

It will help me a lot if you provide the name of the game and a recommended genre* (to help me sort games by ‘Category’)

If only the name is provided, I can still work with that, but it’ll take me longer to put everything else together.

* All games are sorted by “Category,” “Developers,” and “Platforms.” I can typically work out the developers and the platforms with a quick Google search – but I SUCK at figuring out which category to assign.

Since the categories are meant to be loosely tied to genres like action RPGs, platformer, dungeon crawler, etc., providing a recommended genre will make that part go much smoother.

(Recommended games will be added to the “Games” section of the site, and to the forums, at my convenience.)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

All previous recommended games have been added, and just FYI, I’ve decided going forward that I want to keep this site only for mobile games (no Steam games; it’d just be too much extra for me to keep up with).

I will list if the game is available on other platforms (i.e. some Kemco games are mobile, Steam, Nintendo, etc.) – but the game must be available on either Android or iOS.

All previous recommended games have been added, and just FYI, I’ve decided going forward that I want to keep this site only for mobile games (no Steam games; it’d just be too much extra for me to keep up with). I will list if the game is available on other platforms (i.e. some Kemco games are mobile, Steam, Nintendo, etc.) – but the game must be available on either Android or iOS.

Smart move actually. There’s already an utterly massive amount of games on mobile alone, counting Steam stuff would not only bloat the site, but muddy its purpose and make it less useful for people who want to find a fun adventure to play on their AndroiOS devices.

Though it does make me want to ask about Mobile Ports of console/PC games. Stuff like the Forgotten Realms games, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, the pre-PS2 Final Fantasy games and eight of the main Dragon Quest games are available on mobile stores, among others. I recently picked up Ys 1&2 for my phone and tablet, and they’re a blast despite being very different from most RPGs, action or otherwise. I never mentioned those before because I had it in mind that you wanted to focus more on mobile original games (which is what drew me to this site to begin with), but since you’re getting a bit more detailed with what you want the site to focus on, it may be a good time to put that idea out there now. I know some peeps here like Kemco games for not being utterly massive Odyssey’s that devour months when binged to completion, and some of the above games listed definitely fall in to that category, so I guess a distinction should be made with those?

EDIT- Just saw Ys was already on the list. My mistake, please forgive. 😳

Zherk01
    Participant

Localdia Chronicle – JRPG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=i.get.localdiachronicle.aya

Soul Armos Recollect – RPG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.initiasnow.soularmorrecollect

Alchemica Crafting RPG – JRPG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gdi.crunchybit.alchemica

Heretic Gods Ragnarok – ARPG / Dungeon Crawler

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.curacha.hereticgods

Runic Rampage – ARPG / Dungeon Crawler

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.crescentmoongames.runicrampage

Egglia: Legend of the Redcap – JRPG

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmm.games.egglia

Space Marshals 1 – Action / Shooter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pixelbite.sg

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Zherk01.
    Mastertrek
    Participant

I think that this site should remain a basic KEMCO games site unless this site wants to become same as other game sites.

There are way too many good games for mobile phones.

XV Member of the Organization XIII, The Heartless Deadpool Angel.
    If Deadpool is a piece of delicious cake, then Deadpool 2 is is the whole cakery full of these cakes.

Zherk01
    Participant

Nah, I think its good to aim to be a little bigger. There is barely any site dedicated for Android gaming so the spot is very wide open.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

Mastertrek
    Participant

Ok, but then this site won’t be about kemco games in general. Sorry.

If Deadpool is a piece of delicious cake, then Deadpool 2 is is the whole cakery full of these cakes.

1oldtymer
    Participant

Localdia Chronicle – JRPG

This app locked up my tablet and was unplayable.

Older, but not wiser

Mastertrek
    Participant

🙁 it’s sad..

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

@grandtanker,

I’ve thought about whether to add Square Enix games or other big name developers, and I guess I’m really on the fence with those… I mean for sure there’s already tons of stuff online for any Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest so it seems redundant to create space for them here – but then, they are fun games on mobile and definitely worth playing, so leaving them out completely seems kind of strange as well…

Ys currently has a forum; I still need to add it to the “Games” page at some point.

@zherkzone, @mastertrek,

While this site was originally just for Kemco games, I’ve found that a lot of our members do have an interest in the other games listed here as well – and especially the other JRPGs just naturally fall right in line with Kemco games… Plus, when there’s such a long gap between new releases, having other games here gives us something else to talk about.  😆

I think by limiting the site to RPGs or games with RPG elements (and avoid MMORPGs at all costs), I can still maintain the “niche site,” just catering to a slightly bigger audience than Kemco games alone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,311 Forums: 164 Topics: 1,115 Replies: 7,513