Forums General General Chat If You have trouble logging in

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I’m leaving this post as a “sticky” until Nov. 1, to make sure that all of our regular visitors have a chance to see it.

Since I added the login dropdown, at least one member has run into some difficulty logging in to the site.

It seems if you use any kind of password storing software, that you may not be able to “auto fill” the login form. In the one case I know of (on PC only), the login form literally “drops down” when you mouse over the words “Log In,” or the little down arrow next to it:

login

If you then click in the Username or Password fields, you can type your info and then click the “Log In” button. But if you move your mouse off of the form, or if you click on any kind of “auto complete” icon that might come with your password storing software, then the whole login form goes away, making it impossible to ever enter your information.

If you cannot fill in the login form, just click on the “Log In” button at the bottom of the form. This will take you to the login page. From there, enter your information and check “Remember Me,” then click on the “Log In” button on that page. This will log you in to the site, and (fingers crossed), it should then ‘remember’ your login info for the next time, so that you can auto fill the login dropdown instead of having to go to the login page. (That’s my hope, at least, but I haven’t personally been able to verify that yet.)

As far as I know, this is only an issue on PCs, because on mobile the login dropdown remains active until you click the “up arrow” to close the login form…

You can also still navigate directly to the login page and thereby skip the above steps: https://www.rpginsanity.com/login/

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Jesusalva
    Participant

I always thought the ‘remind me’ button on login form was a server instruction to add a cookie.
    Which according to Firefox, lasts 20 days and keeps me connected even if I close Firefox and open it again (or suspend the computer and awake it, I do not remember which order I gave to Firefox regarding cookies)

It is also the reason why “Remember me” button doesn’t works on private browsing.

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

I think you’re right. (At least, I always thought the button did that same thing, as well.) I think what’s happening though, for some users, is that it only “remembers” their info on /login/, and the new dropdown login form is on /index/. I wouldn’t think that would matter, but it’s the only thing I can think of to explain why the dropdown login form isn’t automatically filled in…

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.