Forums General General Chat New look to the site coming soon

This topic contains 29 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 4 days ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Hey hey hey…

So, I’ve been studying like crazy in between playing games, and last month I started working on writing a new template for this site (from scratch!) After about 3 weeks of pulling my hair out and banging my head against the wall…

I think it’s finally starting to come together, and I *hope* to unveil the new design sometime between now and Thanksgiving…

The basic layout and structure of the site will NOT change much – but I am, ermmmm, … experimenting – yeah, experimenting – with “color.” (I’m not a graphic designer but I think I found a color palette that works alright… for the most part, anyway.)

I’m also looking to increase the font size (on desktop anyway – but I need to do more testing on mobile… too big text on a small screen is not so good), and improve the overall look of our blog (maybe if it was prettier, I’d spend more time on it?) ;P

Anyway, someday I hope to have a really awesome, super fancy, eye popping, award winning website! (Or something) And a good part of why I started this site was to learn web design – so, I figure I should apply more of what I’ve been learning…

But… today… I’m just looking at applying things I’ve already learned, and trying to make what I currently have, just a little bit nicer and more professional… anyway I’m on the finishing touches – but there seem to be about a thousand of them (mwahaha!) – so I just want to let everyone know there’s something to look forward to, but I don’t know if it’ll happen at the start or the end of November… so stay tuned!

(We hope it will be “something you’ll really enjoy!”)

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

3 users thanked author for this post.

3beez
    Participant

Color is good! Looking forward to the changes. 😎

Be silly. Be honest. Be kind.
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Azyleo

PM me if you have any need for testing. Looking forward to the new template.

famouscrystal1417
    Participant

,oi i am also count as old member right,lemme join as well

Zherk01
    Participant

Yeah… new colors. Lol.

Good luck though and I’ll still check out the new layout.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

Attachments:

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Well, I’ve tested the new design thoroughly across multiple browsers and devices, and it seems to work the way I expect it to! 🙂

So, I’ll be going forward either today or tomorrow with changing things over… I just need to do a little more fine-tuning…

Zherk01
    Participant

Good luck! And post it here when its up so I can turn off contrast mode on Samsung Browser and check it out.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

It’s Here! (For better or for worse, lolz…)

A few things to know:

1. The color scheme is NOT permanent! It’s just the best I could come up with – and also it’s my first time using color ever, so… it is subject to change.

2. The Forum links (Index, Latest Topics, etc.) ONLY show up on “Forums” pages… meaning, when you navigate to one single topic, there’s no links. But, the breadcrumbs still show, so at worst you can click on of them to go back to whatever forum you want….

Also, if you navigate to an “empty” forum (one with no topics in it), the Forum links won’t show up… so…

3. Somewhat unrelated – but, I’m going to experiment with different “ad” placements, so I’ll be using a different plugin for that, and I hope to still keeps ads turned off for logged in users, but it may take a couple days to figure out how to only show ads when people aren’t logged in… so just be patient on this one…

That’s about it. I’ll probably stick with this exact layout for the next month or so (while continuing to study code, and hopefully making minor improvements) … so if there’s something you don’t like right now – please give it a week or so, and see if you can get adjusted to it, or if it really is awful (if it really is awful, and something lots of peeps complain about, I will listen to any and all criticism)

And, if you come across any legitimate bugs – please let me know right away! I think I’ve taken care of everything, but undoubtedly there will be little things that I completely overlooked. 🙂

4 users thanked author for this post.

famouscrystal1417
    Participant

Heee,good job for everyone (i think)(since from i join this fansite maybe i am the most useless (mahahahahah)(from 2years or so)

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Heee,good job for everyone (i think)(since from i join this fansite maybe i am the most useless (mahahahahah)(from 2years or so)

Nah, you’re one of the most entertaining! Your posts always make me smile 🙂 So thanks for your input, and THANK YOU for being a member of this site!

Thank-you-word-cloud [CC BY-SA 4.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], by Ashashyou (Own work), from Wikimedia Commons

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.