Forums General General Chat Issues with "Quote" and "Report"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Myself and at least one other person are currently unable to use the “QUOTE” feature. I’ve also tested the “REPORT” feature (for reporting inappropriate content), and when I click on either of these options, it just adds a “#” symbol to the end of the current URL, and scrolls to the top of the page.

Obviously, Quote is supposed to select the message you’re quoting, and load it into the editor…

I’ve spend an hour on chat with my host provider, explaining everything that’s happening, reset every possible cache we could find, and he was able to log in and use the Quote feature – but it’s still not working for me.

So, I need a couple people, the next time you’re logged in, to just try quoting a message, or reporting a message, and let me know if you’re successful or not. The person I chatted with said it might take awhile for it to work FOR ME, because of the fact that I’m developing, and so there may be some caching issue somewhere that’s affecting me but not anyone else… so if it works for others, great, but if not, I need to know.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Myself and at least one other person are currently unable to use the “QUOTE” feature. I’ve also tested the “REPORT” feature (for reporting inappropriate content), and when I click on either of these options, it just adds a “#” symbol to the end of the current URL, and scrolls to the top of the page. Obviously, Quote is supposed to select the message you’re quoting, and load it into the editor… I’ve spend an hour on chat with my host provider, explaining everything that’s happening, reset every possible cache we could find, and he was able to log in and use the Quote feature – but it’s still not working for me. So, I need a couple people, the next time you’re logged in, to just try quoting a message, or reporting a message, and let me know if you’re successful or not. The person I chatted with said it might take awhile for it to work FOR ME, because of the fact that I’m developing, and so there may be some caching issue somewhere that’s affecting me but not anyone else… so if it works for others, great, but if not, I need to know.

Assuming this posts, quote works now on my phone but not yet on my pc…

So whatever went wrong was only temporary but may still be in peep’s personal (browser) cache… I’ve cleared all the browsing history I can think of and it works on my phone and my dad’s computer… so, it’s not a server issue.

Jesusalva
    Participant

Myself and at least one other person are currently unable to use the “QUOTE” feature. I’ve also tested the “REPORT” feature (for reporting inappropriate content), and when I click on either of these options, it just adds a “#” symbol to the end of the current URL, and scrolls to the top of the page.

Obviously, Quote is supposed to select the message you’re quoting, and load it into the editor…

I’ve spend an hour on chat with my host provider, explaining everything that’s happening, reset every possible cache we could find, and he was able to log in and use the Quote feature – but it’s still not working for me.

So, I need a couple people, the next time you’re logged in, to just try quoting a message, or reporting a message, and let me know if you’re successful or not. The person I chatted with said it might take awhile for it to work FOR ME, because of the fact that I’m developing, and so there may be some caching issue somewhere that’s affecting me but not anyone else… so if it works for others, great, but if not, I need to know.

Quote seems to work fine for me (if it displays for you, all the better. It surely displays for me.)
    Do you want me to report your message? (Never did it before.)

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Only if you want to; I already reported myself and it worked as well.  😛

But thanks for confirming that Quote does still work!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.