Forums General General Chat What would be your Worst Kemco Game of 2017

This topic contains 14 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  famouscrystal1417 2 weeks ago.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Like the title says, I enjoy talking about games that people hated so without further ado, here are the Games Kemco released in 2017.

-Asdivine Hearts II

-Onigo hunter

-Yodanji

-What Hadjine Says Goes

-Djinn Caster

-Fernz Gate

-Dragon Lapis

-Wizards of Brandel

Take a gander and select the worst game made by kemco. And then rage about how it was so bad and whatnot and have fun with it.

We don't make mistakes. We just have happy accidents.

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

For me, It’s a tie between Hadjine and Asdivine hearts 2. For me, I really strongly disliked asdivine hearts for it’s shoddy implementation of the team system especially with too many characters for the system itself and having only 1 monster be usable. I also found their worlds just had the same boring themes as all of the other asdivine games did which just amounted to basic forests and temples and boring layouts. In addition to that, It felt like the characters somehow became more worse and shallow in terms of personalities to the point where they become one-trick ponies. I was also grossed out by the ending after realizing that I had

spoiler
    just condemned a  eight year old girl to spend an eternity with a pedophile

As for What Hadjine Says goes, It was so bad that I just used up all of my premium currency to get the game over and done with in less than 48 hours. the characters were so annoying and the shoddy translation didn’t help at all to the point where i just skipped through all of the cut scenes. And boy was my time better spent looking at the ceiling or an crowd of people in real life while waiting for the characters to shut up. I literally could not even comprehend what that supposed story was supposed to be. As for the game-play, Hadjine is a P2W grime that has you grinding like crazy. The levels were short and your basic attacks all amounted to swinging your scythe whilst using special attacks and thats it. Sure it’s nice to run into a mob and brutally slaughter thousands upon thousands of monsters but it gets repetitive. hit-Point’s style of stupid excessive over-grinding for menial weapon or armor upgrades continues here as without buying the premium version, you would be grinding your butt off 24/7 just to go to another level you can beat in less than 2 minutes. There was no real reason to invest in your monsters and breed and make them stronger because why do that when you can spam monsters galore as cannon fodder and give yourself all the EXP. Overall, It was pure garbage. Just nothing but pure grindy garbage. There is one good thing though, Slaughtering hordes of monsters and collecting their loot is actually fun… for the first few times.

So all things considered, I would rate What Hadjine Says Goes as Kemco’s worst game of 2017 because unlike Hadjine, You can still play normally with Asdivine Hearts II and not have to use premium currency to speed up my game. A game shouldnt even MAKE you want to spend money to beat it faster yet Hadjine manages to do just that.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

So all things considered, I would rate What Hadjine Says Goes as Kemco’s worst game of 2017

Whew…you make me glad I skipped this one 😛

Older, but not wiser

LemmyTheLenny
    Participant

Lol thanks. I have a personal beef with hit-point for being so insanely grindy. Like, i legit hate them for making me grind way too much.

Jesusalva
    Participant

I was also grossed out by the ending after realizing that I had

spoiler
    just condemned a eight year old girl to spend an eternity with a pedophile

Eh? I entirely missed that. But then, I was happy enough with the Normal Ending

spoiler
    (where IIRC the girl dies. Oh well. That happens. Everyone dies eventually, right?)

What annoyed me most on that game was… first, the arena. I like to have all my characters to fight. When I found out only Stella could do it, and given she is not my favorite character, I did not bother to complete it. There were some nice concepts, like rewards when doing at a certain level range, but hey. You introduce a team system so even if the number of fighting parties is three, you can still control all five characters in the game. And then you force me a team with a fixed character and freedom only to choose a buddy. I really was annoyed with that.

Second, the mapping. It was functional, sure, but it was bland. Felt lacking. I know mapping is one of the most boring tasks, but hey, that is no excuse.

The story was also poor in my opinion. Sufficient to complete the normal ending (the game is short and I like the engine – which helps), but not to convince me to play the True Ending. (I also played Fernz Gate right after completing the normal ending, and that doesn’t helps.)

It is like eating plain bread – it is tasty, until you eat a cheeseburger – and then you don’t want to eat bread anymore, you want the cheese and the burger with it. Well, so was my experience when trying to resume AH2 after playing Fernz Gate.

The only thing which was there to save the game is, in fact, the engine. The game felt like it only existed to present you the new combat system. And if you disliked the Team System, then you pretty much have no reason to play that game. Playing Fernz Gate or Wizards of Brandel before this game are extra negative points to this one, because they’ll highlight every place where developers were lazy.

By the way, while unlisted, if Chronus Arc’s freemium was released 2017 I have only one thing to say: “the ads! The ads are killing me! I’m uninstalling this RIGHT NOW.”

Sorry. Game seemed great, but I really couldn’t stand the ads 🙁

If I gained free IAP from premium purchase, I would have purchased it. I pay for IAP, not for ads removal 😛 (Explaining that could get too philosophical)

As for these four titles, I had absolutely no interest in playing: Yodanji, What Hadjine Says Goes, Djinn Caster, Dragon Lapis.

So I can’t agree nor disagree with people who dislike these because, you see, my area of disinterest is rather big. No matter how good these games are, I won’t play them mainly because I don’t like their themes (and overall style). A pure matter of personal taste.

Fine games in my opinion

Onigo hunter and Fernz Gate were actually fine games. I liked both of them, although I’m still to complete the first.

Wizards of Brandel seemed nice enough, but I only played six hours… Given my average play times, this should correspond to three hours for a normal player.

In order, my personal preference was Fernz Gate, Wizards of Brandel and finally Onigo Hunter.

Having to pay to Maidame Curie at WoB is the reason why it won’t make into my favorite Kemco Games list.

I find difficult to show anything against Onigo Hunter which is not personal taste/preference.

Fernz Gate I already wrote too much about it. It is simply my favorite as you can see in my profile ^_^

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Jesusalva. Reason: Agree with Zherk01 and reword some parts of the post
    Zherk01
    Participant

I don’t really support this kind of thread. Its only gonna piss off people who likes stuffs that you don’t, its the main reason I stick to this site instead Gamefaqs. For example, I find WHSG to be a fun and mindless time waster and for whats it worth, the game have a jolly personality and it reminds me of NIS games and if I weren’t more understanding I would have retalieted. Should have use “Least Favorite” instead of “Worst” as for some reason degrading something that other people like can tick them off. Then again, the beauty of this site is that we’re a bit more civilized.

Back on topic though, WHSG is my least favorite of the bunch too, I think its pretty short and way too easy for an ARPG. Yodanji is a close second but I really like this game, one of the funnest rogue-like games on Android but it got old fast for some reason, fastest rogue-like game I put down, maybe I played it at a bad time as I remember correctly I was playing Greedy Cave and Darkness Survival at that time too.

I think 2017 is a solid year for Kemco with Djinn Caster leading the way. Hope 2018 is just as solid if not better.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Jesusalva
    Participant

@zherkzone have a point. I rewrote my previous post to take that in account. I think I ended up reviewing all games which I played and were released in 2017 though…

However I’m glad most of critics here are based in arguments. This way, even if you disagree about a game, at least you can see why someone didn’t liked a game. And as far as review goes, having someone who likes and another someone who dislikes a game helps a lot in choosing.

As I see it, this is a review topic aimed at what you disliked most. Therefore, defending a game (as long that you follow what I stated above, of being based in arguments and game aspects like all reviews should) is not a bad thing, as it helps to see these games under a different light.

For example, I hated Aeon Avenger GUI. But it was reading other people’s input which make I give a second chance for it. (I still dislike Crystareino for similar reasons but will give another chance too. Eventually.)

Here is the topic to say what you hate (in this example, AA’s GUI), but it is also the topic to see arguments which will help you to regain neutrality in these games, to do a (hopefully) fair rating.

Such final works should be written at “Games” section as a normal review.

Unrelated, probably nonsense, I should delete this.

For me, a “bad” GUI is a real major problem. On a 5 stars scale, a bad GUI renders… -3 points. So a good game with a bad GUI, I would rate as 2/5.

A few of the major reasons why I don’t complete games are bad GUI or long games (I can rarely play the same game for more than three real-life days).

That said, not everyone dislikes the GUI or considers that so bad as me. Well, this is why written reviews are better than star ratings… 😆

This is also why I love RPG Insanity reviews, everyone’s point is well explained and you understand why someone rated a game 2/5 and somebody else rated 4/5 – sometimes they share the same view, but how they weight things differs 😀

Jesusalva / Jesusaves

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Jesusalva. Reason: Reword to make my point more clear
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Zherk01
    Participant

True to that. I don’t think I saw someone who ranted about a game without leaving a solid arguement here and the reviews are fairly detailed most of the time though I really rather see things for myself than rely on reviews as I have a weird sense for games so conventional reviews doesn’t work for me.

For example, I hated Aeon Avenger GUI. But it was reading other people’s input which make I give a second chance for it. (I still dislike Crystareino for similar reasons but will give another chance too. Eventually.)

spoiler
    What irked the hell out of me on Aeon Avenger are the white outlines on the character’s portraits. Its like the artist forgot about Alpha transparent background and started drawing on a white background instead.

Favorites: Blood of Calamity | Chronus Arc | Band of Monster | Machine Knight | Djinm Caster | Justice Chronicles | Unlucky Hero | Fernz Gate | Dragon Lapis

Disliked: Asdivine Dios | Fairy Elements

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Zherk01.
    Azyleo

I absolutely detested Asdivine Hearts 2.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

@zherkzone I see where you’re coming from but I didn’t think of it that way at first (probably because we have a better class of members here than on other sites). But it seems like most people’s issues relate to specific elements like game mechanics, story, etc., so it’s more critiquing than outright complaining… still I think it’s important not to alienate other people by attacking a game they may not like (more so for me, as admin, perhaps)

Overall the tone in this post seems really respectful, though, and more of a casual discussion of likes/dislikes – however, if this post or any others do become “ugly” (to put it simply), please do let me know. I want to encourage free and open dialogue, but it does need to remain civil as well.

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,471 Forums: 119 Topics: 1,188 Replies: 8,134