Forums General General Chat Message from MSG Commander

This topic contains 24 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  MSG Commander 3 months ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Hey Kemco peeps!  😀

I want to drop a quick note (I’ll try to keep it short) because I haven’t been really active on the site for awhile, and I just want everybody to know what’s going on.

The short version is, real life has been crazy busy and I’ve been working on making a lot of changes. (Mostly good stuff, but it’s kept me from having time to play games and work on the site.)

It’s given me a lot of time to think though. Especially about the future of this site and the direction I want it to go…

I want to start by saying I want to keep this site primarily devoted to Kemco. Every single Kemco game absolutely stays – but I fear the vast majority of other games are going to go away.

Last year I really wanted to expand the site – in fact I had hopes that I could grow this site to as large as touch arcade or gamefaqs (but still limited to mobile RPGs). But the time I’ve spent off-line reminded me of why I started this site to begin with – there is NO OTHER SITE devoted to Kemco games, and Kemco games is my true passion.

Additionally – like most of you, I love the fact that we have such a friendly, helpful community. I love the “atmosphere” in the forum, and the fact that I can be absent for long periods of time, and trust that people will follow the rules, will be kind and courteous, and will help answer each other’s questions.

(Of course I’m happier when I am active on the site, but knowing that I don’t have to constantly monitor the forum – that’s like Internet Gold right there hahaha!)

I fear that a larger website would attract so many “bad elements” that it wouldn’t be possible to maintain the integrity of the community we’ve built here.

(Also, I already make enough from Google Ads and Patreon to pay for hosting the site – so even for me, this is a free hobby lol… and I’d much rather enjoy a free hobby, than stress myself out over how to turn this into a money-making machine… which then would turn my hobby into “work,” and for sure, that’s the fastest way I can think of to kill the “fun” of it all…)

So, going forward…

I’m going to put a hold on adding new games to the site. (Even the games that are currently awaiting review in the “recommend games” thread.)

I’m going to start removing games that currently have NO conversation in the forums, or no walkthrough pages in the “Games” section. (Also, I’m prolly gonna rename “Games” back to “Walkthroughs.” Even though not every game has walkthrough pages… renaming it to “Walkthroughs” will make it clearer to new visitors and members that yes, we do have walkthrough pages for some of the games.)

I’m gonna keep Tenmilli RPG and other games that obviously fit with the type of game Kemco usually releases, but…

I really want to limit “Other RPGs” to games that have the same sort of “feel” as Kemco games (as best as I can.) So we’re probably looking at mostly JRPGs, old school, obviously single player (no MMOs and no pay-to-win… even the few of those that are actually fun eventually make me crazy!)

And, I’ll probably set some kind of rule, that when a new game is added, if there’s NO conversation around the game for say, 3 months, that game will get removed (although we’ll have to see on that one… some games might be really good but just take longer to catch on… so other ideas on how to manage “unpopular games” are welcome.)

Mostly, I want to keep the site small, stay within the niche of Kemco games, but also allow for a few other really good mobile RPGS. (I just don’t know really know yet where to draw the line…)

Along with all that – It could potentially be mid-to-late July before I have time again to regularly post in the forum/work on updating the site. (So some games may not disappear for a little while yet.)

If a spam post gets reported or if anyone sends me a PM or @mention, I’ll try to respond within a couple hours (unless I’m sleeping, lol), otherwise I hope to be on at least every couple of days, but I just might not have the time for another month here…

(Meanwhile, off-topic, I do finally have time to start Alvastia Chronicles, and I am DIGGING that game!)  😛

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

You’re right. You should remove games that aren’t talked at all (or a little) but if the game has tons of help from the various people it would be a pain to remove it especially if the said game tips and Walkthroughs are ONLY available on this site. I said a couple of months ago that this site should remain a mostly KEMCO site but at that time you told the opposite of what I read now (and it’s awesome idea to remove the games that no one plays at all).

And something Off-topic :Still waiting for that game to see if it will work on my device.

Welcome 😇

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Mastertrek.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

Surprisingly enough, most games listed on forum (like almost all ARPG and card games) are topicless. I don’t know what was the point of making topics for these games if no one ever talks about it.

Welcome 😇

Mastertrek

Checked all forums and only a small amount of games have any info about the game. Most of them are just standing there as a place fillers and whoever sees no topics for the game gets disappointed quickly.

So in my opinion you should (if not must) immediately get rid of useless forums like ARPG where there’s not a single good info for any game. And don’t feel bad even in the slightest part of your soul.

And I think that before adding any game to the site there should be a votes on who plays (played) the specific game and has some tips or Walkthroughs for it. That will reduce chances of the game being with nothing inside. 

And even though I completed quite a bunch of the games that are topicless I don’t see any reason for them to stay.

Welcome 😇

Uninvented
    Participant

This seems like the perfect place to ask this question.

There are two RPG games that I really love playing.  They are by the same developers.  They are named as sequels, but they play independently of each other.  In fact, they are the only games I will play outside of Kemco games.  I think they are outstanding; and they are totally geek-ish, nerd-ish and somewhat old-school style.

The games are pretty straightforward and may not necessarily need a forum dedicated to them for walkthroughs, help, or tips.  They are so enjoyable to play, have incredibly funny dialogue,  good storylines, and many hours of gameplay (especially in the sequel).

It seems to me that the members and guests here may all enjoy the same types of games.  So, would it be okay to share the names of the games by another dev so others may see if they enjoy them, too?

Many thanks.

Laura

Mastertrek

This is Off-topic question but I’ll answer. There’s a forum where you can talk about games that don’t have their own forums (yet). You can tell there the game and questions (or tips) for it. You can also suggest the game to add to the site but seeing that most of the games added don’t have any topics even if they’re good I don’t think anything will get added blindly anymore.

It’s a Game Chat. Link <here>

Welcome 😇

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Mastertrek.
    Uninvented
    Participant

Thank you, and my apologies.  I misunderstood then about the purpose of General Chat and what MSG meant when he wrote about what I thought were non-Kemco games:

• I really want to limit “Other RPGs” to games that have the same sort of “feel” as Kemco games (as best as I can.) So we’re probably looking at mostly JRPGs, old school, obviously single player (no MMOs and no pay-to-win… even the few of those that are actually fun eventually make me crazy!
    • Mostly, I want to keep the site small, stay within the niche of Kemco games, but also allow for a few other really good mobile RPGS. (I just don’t know really know yet where to draw the line…)

Since some caveats were written about the possibility of disallowing games outside of this exclusive Kemco forum, I thought it best to inquire here.

The games I am referring to are in some ways like Kemco games, but of course, not exactly like them. Just in the sense that they are fun RPGs and have turn-based combat.

Sorry for being off-topic.  But even before I use the link you provided, I still do not want to recommend non-Kemco games on this site without approval to do so.  I failed to mention before:  the games I am mentioning do have their own extensive forum (on Steam) that is easy to navigate for hints and tips- very similar to this one.  So even if gamers here do take me up on my suggestion to try them, then posts about the games would hopefully have no impact here since they would benefit from using the designated forums elsewhere.

I’m sorry for dragging this out.  I wanted to explain myself so you wouldn’t think I was one of those “bad element” people MSG mentioned or that I was trying to commandeer the site by diverting attention away from our beloved Kemco games.

Thank you, Mastertrek.

Laura

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

You’re right but the site clearly says what type of things are good to post in respective area and you don’t need to apologize for anything unless it’s against the site rules so go ahead and tell what you want to at Game Chat about the game you like 🙂

Welcome 😇

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Surprisingly enough, most games listed on forum (like almost all ARPG and card games) are topicless. I don’t know what was the point of making topics for these games if no one ever talks about it.

The point was I thought I could expand the site to appeal to a larger base. So I threw a bunch of games out there to see if any of them would stick. And very few of them have.

So, I thought it would work, I tried it, and it didn’t work. So I’m going back to what does work – Kemco . 😎

No regrets on my part, but if I hadn’t tried I would’ve always wondered.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

@uninvented I appreciate you taking the time to ask for clarification.

I’m on my phone so pardon the abruptness of my response.

“Bad elements” = spammers, trolls, and bullies. You’re not any of those so please feel welcome to post and participate to your heart’s content.

Anybody can post about any game in “game chat” so long as it’s a mobile RPG and not an MMO. (Though in the past we have briefly discussed games like Final Fantasy Exvius, so that’s more of a guideline than a hard and fast rule.)

I would say, if YOU think it would jive with Kemco fans, go ahead and post about it. If no one responds, no biggie. If lots of people respond I’ll probably create a new forum for that particular game.

Hope that helps to clear it up.  🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,600 Forums: 121 Topics: 1,233 Replies: 8,364