Forums General General Chat Spammers will not prevail

This topic contains 31 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 11 months ago.

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Hey all,

Anyone who’s been on the site this past week has probably noticed we’re getting a lot more spam than usual. Sometimes this just happens, but I try to delete it as soon as I see it or someone reports it.

However, I’m looking into adding a captcha to the registration process, which won’t stop all spammers but should at least stop the bots. I’ve used captcha before so I know it’s not too hard… the hard part right now is just finding the time to research and implement. So please bear with me; it WILL be added as soon as I’m able. Meanwhile thank you to everyone who reports spam posts! You guys are awesome.  😎

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

4 users thanked author for this post.
    1oldtymer
    Participant

However, I’m looking into adding a captcha to the registration process, which won’t stop all spammers but should at least stop the bots.

Yes, captcha will help and is a good idea.  Three cheers for Commander, who has volunteered to do battle with the army of bots!   😛

Older, but not wiser

3 users thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

It’ll be as epic battle as Battle of the Five Armies in Hobbit xd Just replace bots as the orcs

Lols. For my sake, I hope it’s nothing that extreme. 🙃

MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Whoever it is, they’re sure persistent… but tomorrow and Wednesday I do have time blocked out to work on this…

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

At least by now everyone is totally aware of this bot.

Welcome 😇

Uninvented
    Participant

I just what received what I think is spam. Is this whst u guys are receiving, too?

Laura

Uninvented
    Participant

Don’t worry. It’s safe to open. Lol. That’s only a screenshot of what I received. It’s not a link.

Laura

Mastertrek

I didn’t check emails for some time but it’s 95% spam.

Welcome 😇

Islandi
    Participant

I just what received what I think is spam. Is this whst u guys are receiving, too?

Yes, I received this too. I’m definitely 1000% sure it’s spam.

Mastertrek

Now I’m 2^2048% sure about it due to the fact I received exactly same message.

Someone has no life. 

Welcome 😇

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 541 Forums: 123 Topics: 1,448 Replies: 9,419