Forums General General Chat Spammers will not prevail

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Mastertrek 4 days ago.

Mastertrek

One bot ended his journey. The new one day bot appeared.

Welcome πŸ˜‡

Mastertrek

Bumping this topic once again.

Welcome πŸ˜‡

Mastertrek

So now I’m sure that bots raid the site each day. One is made at some time then immediately starts that kind of poo.

Welcome πŸ˜‡

Mastertrek

Bump

Welcome πŸ˜‡

NobleStripes
    Participant

MORE BOTS! I HATE BOTS.

TIGER MOTIF OVERLOAD! MEOW!

Azyleo

No they will not prevail. Already sent massive threads to the spam corner. Unfortunately, I do not have the power to ban, so you might see the spammers again. Regardless I am doing what I can.

4 users thanked author for this post.
    MSG Commander
    Keymaster

Part of the problem is that even if we ban them, they can easily create a new account with another email address.

There is more that I can do to be more proactive and one of those things is, I’m going to add a second moderator to the site, to help handle all the spam.

I’m also working on how to add captcha to the registration process. I was looking into a plugin for this but out of the ones I’ve seen, I’m not really sure any of them look that great. (So, I need to google how to add the code manually.)

I’m sorry that we keep getting spammed but I am determined to keep it to a minimum!

Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

You’re right πŸ™‚ I’m here on the daily basis so I’ll clean up those unwanted posts so hopefully that will stop. πŸ™‚ πŸ’ŸπŸ’ŸπŸ’Ÿ

Welcome πŸ˜‡

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mastertrek

And I see that on the site bots appear one each day and they send 6-8 posts throughout the day then the next bot appears so if that pattern will go onwards all spam links will be deleted quickly.

I love being here (and sadly there’s no Kemco game I’d want to play now besides Alvastia Chronicles but I’m waiting for freemium version to come out if it’ll ever get.. Or a new game.)Β 

Welcome πŸ˜‡

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NobleStripes
    Participant

And I’ll keep reporting spam threads, that’s the best option for now.

TIGER MOTIF OVERLOAD! MEOW!

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forum Statistics

Members: 1,470 Forums: 119 Topics: 1,188 Replies: 8,134